Author Topic: Suck at writing goals? Let me keep you accountable  (Read 387 times)  

Offline Stewart Matthews

• View Profile
Suck at writing goals? Let me keep you accountable
« on: May 23, 2017, 12:28:51 PM »
Hey KBoards. I run a nightly stream on Twitch.tv for writers. At 8:30 PM Eastern, I conduct writing sprints, answer writing-related questions, and pet my dog, LIVE ON THE INTERNET.

I've also been known to have a guest or two.

WHY?

Writing in a lonely hobby, but that doesn't mean you have to do it alone. Doing writing sprints with other people is a fantastic way to keep yourself accountable and meet your daily word count goals. Coincidentally, that's why I initially started streaming. I was tired of wasting half of my writing time screwing around on the internet. When people can see everything I'm doing, it's way harder for me to waste my own time.

Also, when you need a laugh, or want to feel smug, all you have to do is switch back to your browser and watch me sling some elementary-level prose in Scrivener. Failing that, you can hurl insults at me until I cry (I crave the attention too much to ignore you).

In any case, I keep a fun atmosphere during my broadcasts and you'll get to meet some other writers while getting your work done. Meeting other writers is good. Trust me. It's super handy to have some names around when you need to bring a fake plagiarism charge.

SERIOUSLY, WHY?

You may still wonder why I'm doing this. To which I would answer, shut up and accept a good thing.

After a moment or two, I would follow up that answer by saying: I've been on this wild ride for three years now, and I'm ready to lay down some track of my own. I want to help newbies and seasoned veterans alike, just as I was helped when I first starting self-pubbing. So, if you want some guidance, someone to keep you accountable, or just want to give me directions on how best to pet my Jack Russell/Maltese mix, check me out.

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

Write with me. If you want to participate in chat, you have to register an account with Twitch. Once you're at twitch.tv, click the purple "SIGN UP" button in the upper-right corner of the screen and follow the prompts from there. You can find my channel again by clicking on the link at the bottom of this post or searching for "smwrites" on the Twitch site.

smwrites on Twitch.tv 8:30 PM Eastern EVERY WEEKNIGHT
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 12:38:23 PM by Stewart Matthews »

Offline Rick Gualtieri

• NJ
  • Renaissance Geek
    • View Profile
    • RickGualtieri.com
Re: Suck at writing goals? Let me keep you accountable
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 12:33:18 PM »
It's a cool idea.  I do most of my writing during the day,  but I kind of like the concept of using something like this to make it a bit of a social activity. 

Making fantasy fun again, one corpse at a time
Rick Gualtieri | Website | Twitter | Facebook | Bill The Vampire on Facebook

Offline MyraScott

• Ideas are worth nothing until implemented
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 12:34:51 PM »
It's fun!  And it has seriously helped me laugh at Matthew stick to my targets.

Offline Stewart Matthews

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 06:40:40 PM »
I'm streaming now! Come join me!

https://www.twitch.tv/smwrites