Author Topic: The value of the correction  (Read 293 times)  

Offline jdcore

• Toronto, Ohio
    • View Profile
    • The Lupa Schwartz Mysteries Blog
The value of the correction
« on: May 19, 2017, 09:00:55 AM »
A few days ago, I sent an email alerting my 700+ subs that I have a new release coming on June 7 and that it is now in pre-order. Nearly 45% of my subs read the email, but there were only 30 clicks.

Then I realized that the link I'd sent was broken, so yesterday I sent an oops email with the fixed link. So far 40% of my subs have opened this letter, but I have 75 clicks. 2.5 times as many as the first note.

Moral of the story, I'm gonna have to make that mistake more often.

Offline dianapersaud

• View Profile
    • Diana Persaud
Re: The value of the correction
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 10:45:54 AM »
Mail Chimp does recommend sending a second email within 24 hours to get extra opens/clicks. I tried that and I got a few more opens and clicks (less than 10%) so it works. Glad you had such a high percentage of clicks and opens.

Good luck on your new release.

Diana Persaud | My Website

Offline Abderian

• View Profile
    • JJ Green
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 04:15:05 PM »
I had the same thing happen to me, except it was for a promotion I was in. I forgot to check the links for once and of course that was the time one wasn't working. The follow up email - Free books, working link, had a huge open and click rate. Almost makes it worth repeating on purpose. ;)

Offline Al Stevens

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 05:06:45 PM »
I made a similar mistake. I sent a correction email with an apology. 12 subscribers unsubscribed.

Offline Abderian

• View Profile
    • JJ Green
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 09:07:10 PM »
I made a similar mistake. I sent a correction email with an apology. 12 subscribers unsubscribed.

It could be that it was the first of your emails to appear in their inbox and not go straight to spam. Don't worry about unsubscribers unless you're getting a high percentage. 1% is expected and up to 5% is normal according to what I've heard from other writers.