KB Featured
Flight of the Tarantula Hawk
by Michael Allan Scott

$0.99
Kindle Edition published 2014-02-10
Bestseller ranking: 4698

Product Description
On the IndieReader Best Book list and featured on NBC's Daytime Show, the second book in the Lance Underphal Mystery series is part of a new breed of supernatural thrillers which can be read and enjoyed in any order. Dark, different, featuring a damaged psychic, this is one of those disturbing novels that keeps you guessing.

Download the sample or use the "Look inside" feature for a FREE E-book offer.

Supernatural Murder Mystery - Realtor Carla Simon has her first showing in nearly eighteen months. Recovering from a nervous breakdown, she arrives at the bank-owned foreclosure well ahead of her prospect. When her buyer pins her against the wall, it turns out to be the last house she'll ever show.

Looking for a new breed of supernatural thrillers? Paranormal mysteries of murder and suspense? Perhaps a psychic detective series which can be read and enjoyed in any order? Or maybe one of t...

Author Topic: Another go  (Read 1987 times)  

Lauriejoyeltahs

Re: Another go
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2017, 06:24:32 PM »
Looking good!  :) The colour band at the bottom really helps the title pop. I'd suggest shifting her and the background upwards a bit. Make use of the space so more of her can be seen. I'd also suggest a cleaner font for the series title. Since it's an unusual word, you want it to be as clean and legible as possible. Watch that you don't scale your fonts to an extreme. The word "Symbols" looks really squat compared to the other words. Keep going! You're nearly there.

There is only so far I can shift her without having to either remove the sword or figure out a way to give her a hand and particularly a hand that can hold a sword. I'm not up to the task of trying to blend skin colors and body parts!

Offline plumstead

• Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2017, 08:27:34 AM »
I think even that little shift helps balance it out. :) How are you feeling about your cover now?

Offline Acheknia

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Books by A. Woodley
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2017, 08:32:49 AM »

There is only so far I can shift her without having to either remove the sword or figure out a way to give her a hand and particularly a hand that can hold a sword. I'm not up to the task of trying to blend skin colors and body parts!
That's much better, I like the way the castle has been raised & the font is much better, everything is so easy to read now :)

Offline Greg Banks

• GA
  • Also known by the pseudonym "Drew Griot".
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Griot
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2017, 03:25:21 PM »
My last suggestion would be to thin the outline around the text by maybe 50%. The outline is there for function mostly, not to call so much attention to itself.

Otherwise I think the cover really looks great!
Free content:
     Paid content:
My Websites:
WebsiteBlog | TwitterFacebook | Art Portfolio

Lauriejoyeltahs

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2017, 04:19:44 PM »
Thanks!

Offline BillSmithBooksDotCom

• Adirondack Mountains, Northern NY (almost Canada)
  • BillSmithBooks.com, Outlaw Galaxy &Star Wars books
    • View Profile
    • www.BillSmithBooks.com
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2017, 08:55:58 AM »
Really like this revision!!!
Bill Smith is the author of the Outlaw Galaxy series and several Star Wars books. Visit him at www.BillSmithBooks.com or www.OutlawGalaxy.com. Blogging at www.BillSmithBooks.blogspot.com. The Outlaw Galaxy series features free-wheeling space fantasy action-adventure...fun for readers of all ages.

Outlaw Galaxy: Hunter's Truth and Other Tales (short story collection) is now available at most retailers.
Bill Smith | Outlaw Galaxy: Hunter's Truth and Other Tales | BillSmithBooks.com | BillSmithBlog.com