Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.
KB Featured
Flight of the Tarantula Hawk
by Michael Allan Scott

$0.99
Kindle Edition published 2014-02-10
Bestseller ranking: 4698

Product Description
On the IndieReader Best Book list and featured on NBC's Daytime Show, the second book in the Lance Underphal Mystery series is part of a new breed of supernatural thrillers which can be read and enjoyed in any order. Dark, different, featuring a damaged psychic, this is one of those disturbing novels that keeps you guessing.

Download the sample or use the "Look inside" feature for a FREE E-book offer.

Supernatural Murder Mystery - Realtor Carla Simon has her first showing in nearly eighteen months. Recovering from a nervous breakdown, she arrives at the bank-owned foreclosure well ahead of her prospect. When her buyer pins her against the wall, it turns out to be the last house she'll ever show.

Looking for a new breed of supernatural thrillers? Paranormal mysteries of murder and suspense? Perhaps a psychic detective series which can be read and enjoyed in any order? Or maybe one of t...

Author Topic: Amazon Fire 10"  (Read 671 times)  

Offline jeanniespc131

• View Profile
Amazon Fire 10"
« on: May 31, 2017, 06:50:46 PM »
I have the Amazon Fire 10" and lately have been having trouble with the game apps I have on it going really slowly.....I also have a Kindle Oasis so I mostly use the Fire for browsing the internet and games (just games from Google Play and Amazon).  I am seriously thinking about getting a Samsung Tablet.....does anyone have one??

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Fire 10"
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 03:57:08 AM »
I'm an Amazon fan, but I've had several Fires and not been hugely pleased with any of them. :(  They have all felt a bit klunky in terms of size, and also seemed to run slow, even with not much loaded. 

I now have a Samsung tablet and am very happy with it. It does what I need it to do as I expect it to and I don't have to jump through hoops to load Google apps. All the amazon apps I had, however, do also still work.  An added bonus is that there's a Samsung version of the Kindle App which, if it's loaded, allows you a free book each month -- one of 4 in various genres.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Online HappyGuy

• Central FL
  • With God, nothing is enough for anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 05:18:21 AM »
I have a Samsung tablet (10-inch) . I love it! I probably have an older model as I got it a couple of years ago. The AMOLED(?) screen resolution and color are phenomenal. It has pretty much replaced my desktop computer for everyday use. I REALLY like that I can put in a micro SD card - when I bought it, you almost couldn't find a tablet that let you do that. As I recall it was very expensive, but totally worth it.
"From the lips of infants and children you have ordained praise..." Psalms 8:2

Member 342

Offline jeanniespc131

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 12:31:52 PM »
Do you have an lag while playing game apps from the Google Play Store on the Samsung??

Online HappyGuy

• Central FL
  • With God, nothing is enough for anything.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 05:05:35 AM »
Do you have an lag while playing game apps from the Google Play Store on the Samsung??
Nope, none at all. I don't play any of those massive online games, though. Response time is great and battery life is pretty good. It's great for reading magazines - the size, for me, seems about right. Has a micro SD slot so you can expand storage, which is a BIG plus for me. It's fairly light weight.

I think this is the  one I got. As I said, pretty expensive; but I think I've I've already gotten my money's worth out of it.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 04:15:30 AM by HappyGuy »
"From the lips of infants and children you have ordained praise..." Psalms 8:2

Member 342

Offline Chad Winters

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 08:06:50 AM »
I have the 10 and 8 Fires and the 10 definitely seems slower and the battery runs out very quickly compared to the 8

Member since 10/28/2008 | (make your own reading bar)