Author Topic: Anyone going to see Stephen King on Tour? Portland, OR tix on sale now...  (Read 220 times)  

Offline CarlaBaku

• The Actual Middle of Nowhere
  • Imagine more.
    • View Profile
    • Carla Baku
After waiting forever for the Portland, Oregon venue to open ticket sales, I snagged a pair the minute they were available. He so rarely does anything on the Left Coast that I didn't reckon I'd ever have the pleasure of seeing him at a live event. It's a mere 7.5 hour drive, and a beautiful one at that. :) Any other Kboarders going?
"This is the writer's life. And for this there is no teacher left. So go for it. Wow yourself." --Scott Herndon, Stanford University

Offline TT Rankin

• Menomonee Falls, WI
    • View Profile
He's coming to Milwaukee this fall and I plan on going. I've drifted a bit from his more recent stuff, but the man is a legend and what writer wouldn't want to here him speak? His book "On Writing" should be required reading for any aspiring author.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Offline CarlaBaku

• The Actual Middle of Nowhere
  • Imagine more.
    • View Profile
    • Carla Baku
That's my feeling, too, TT. His work has added a great deal of reading pleasure to my life over many decades. Even when he bobbles he's a natural storyteller, and I have great admiration for the way he went after the craft with such single-minded intention. (And, frankly, none of us is getting any younger--so this is sort of a bucket-list deal for me.)
"This is the writer's life. And for this there is no teacher left. So go for it. Wow yourself." --Scott Herndon, Stanford University

Offline Steve Vernon

• Halifax, Nova Scotia
  • "Kindle Scout Kahuna"
    • View Profile
    • MY WEBSITE
If he ever gets up here to Halifax I'll grab a ticket as fast as I can.

Offline JB Rowley

• Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Whisper My Secret
What do you mean - going to see him. I'm the support act!

Offline JB Rowley

• Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Whisper My Secret
Or was I just dreamin' !  ;D