Author Topic: Hello from Connecticut, USA  (Read 107 times)  

Offline Billie Winterholer

• Connecticut
    • View Profile
Hello from Connecticut, USA
« on: June 11, 2017, 12:23:02 PM »
Hello, everyone.

I have been writing since the October my mother took out her Remington typewriter to create her letter of greetings she inserted in Christmas cards.  She let me play with the manual behemoth and, for fifty-three years, writing has been a love, although my only publications were in school magazines or trash cans.

On April fifteenth of this year, I logged into Kindle Direct Publishing and published my first story, Transition, achieving a life-long dream.

I wish my late wife, Wanda, could have been there to share that moment.  A paperback version of Transition sits next to the urn holding her ashes in memory of all the nights I'd be firing away at some ideas and she'd kiss me and say, "I'm going to bed.  You finish that and I'll see you in the morning."

I am a firm believer that KDP has been very helpful to literature.  There are so many independent authors who are publishing who would never have done so without a lot of money.  I began Transition knowing I could not afford literary agents of the professional services they'd require before presenting the story.  Yes, there are many improvements to be made but - as someone who learned programming languages on a machine the size of a refrigerator, I think they'll happen.

Billie

Billie Winterholer

Offline Free Range Editor

• Florida
    • View Profile
    • Free Range Editorial
Re: Hello from Connecticut, USA
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 01:42:59 PM »
Hello Billie,

Welcome to the KBoards, home of the friendliest and most knowledgeable indie writers and editors on the Internet.  Make yourself at home and ask anything. You'll get thoughtful, useful answers.

Congratulations on taking the plunge! Here's wishing you success with your writing.

Julie

The Independent Editor for the Independent Author
Free Range Editorial | Facebook

Offline Imogen Rose

• View Profile
    • Imogen Rose
Re: Hello from Connecticut, USA
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 03:40:25 PM »
Welcome to Kboards!