Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.

Author Topic: Genius Media -- anyone else getting emails?  (Read 1177 times)  

Offline AlexaKang

• View Profile
Genius Media -- anyone else getting emails?
« on: June 12, 2017, 06:11:12 PM »
Ok guys, time to vet another promoter.

Anyone ever heard of these guys? Who else is getting solicitation emails to use their promo services and what do you make of this?

Promises of KU free DLs always set off my alarm now. But looking at their list of featured books -- do all these authors have their accounts at risk now? Anyway, here it goes (the email):

Genius Media promotes eBooks using the Amazon KU program. Our eBook promotion system has a consistent, verifiable track record of getting thousands of downloads and selling hundreds of eBooks per promotion. Our website is - geniusmediainc.com

Here are some recent 2017 Genius Media promotion results:

Sharon Hamilton - Seal's Promise - 11,000 plus downloads, 1000 plus sales over seven days
S.B. Alexander - Dare To Kiss - 11,000 plus downloads, 500 plus sales over seven days
Dave Stephens - Impact (Fuzed Trilogy) - 9700 plus downloads, 700 plus sales plus over seven days
Rea Nolan Martin - Mystic Tea - 11,000 plus downloads, 500 plus sales over seven days

You keep 100% of all book earnings. Our program's cost is affordable to most authors. Your marketing investment is generally recovered in full after promotion number one or two. The ROI is significant over a one year period, both financially and in terms of brand building.

I invite you to watch the following Genius Media eBook promotions live:

Rea Nolan Martin, The Anesthesia Game - June 13th
Lee French, Girls Can't Be Knights - June 15th

Pre-promotion both books are ranked 175,000 in the Kindle store or lower. Watch them rise first in the free rankings and then in the paid rankings the day after the promotion begins. The best way to accurately judge the power of what we do is to watch a promotion live.

I don't know what eBook marketing and promotion services you've used in the past, but we are the real deal. We provide references to every serious candidate (authors who use our service regularly) and we will let you know about upcoming promotions so that you track the results live.

If you're not currently generating the eBook sales numbers cited above, please reach out. I'd love to explore with you whether or not you're a good fit for our eBook promo program.

All the best,

Cameron Davis
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 06:22:10 PM by AlexaKang »

Offline AllyWho

• View Profile
Re: Genius Media -- anyone else getting emails?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 06:20:17 PM »
I'm sure this outfit has been discussed before (sounds familiar but not 100% on the name) and the conclusion was that it was shady as heck and using click farms/bots to produce the results. Will see if I can find the old thread.

Offline ImaWriter

• Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 06:22:18 PM »
Big Promises from Genius Media
Anyone use Genius Media for Marketing

I'm sure this outfit has been discussed before (sounds familiar but not 100% on the name) and the conclusion was that it was shady as heck and using click farms/bots to produce the results. Will see if I can find the old thread.

You beat me to it while I was searching/linking.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 06:25:04 PM by ImaWriter »

Offline AllyWho

• View Profile

Offline C. Gockel

• Chicago, IL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 07:17:46 PM »
They contacted me today. The "we look for Kindle Unlimited books to promote ..." was a leeetle scary.

I write books about Change, Chaos, and Loki
C. Gockel | facebook | tumblr | website

Offline B

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 11:06:26 AM »
I got the email, too, and this stood out to me:

"NOTE:  This e-mail message contains information from Genius Media, Inc. which is confidential, legally privileged and exempt from disclosure. It is intended for use only by the person to whom it is addressed. The contents of this message may not be shared in any manner and/or posted on any social media platform by the addressed or by anyone else without the express, written consent of Wid Bastian and Genius Media, Inc. Any unauthorized dissemination of the information in this email may subject the person and/or entity responsible to legal action. If you have received this message in error, please do not forward or use this information in any way, delete it immediately, and contact the sender as soon as possible. Thank you."

Guess what, Genius Media, you can't legally bind me to keep secret an unsolicited email in an attempt to prevent me from consulting others about your business. You sent me the message without asking me first; we don't have any contract you can enforce. You have no more right to demand my confidentiality than that Nigerian prince who just offered me millions.

Shady as all heck.

Offline PhoenixS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 11:46:26 AM »
My advice to a couple of others who've received a similar mail is to forward it to KDP Support (kdp-support@amazon.com) with your concerns and a link back to the KB conversation at http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,249021.0.html.

Be sure the header info is included. If you don't know what that is or how to do it, you can do a search of your email program's online help. Including the header info is fast and painless. A quick google search turned up a university website with examples of what a full header looks like and how to find it and preserve it in a few popular email programs. There are other helpful websites out there as well.
https://oit.ncsu.edu/my-it/email-calendaring/central-email-retention-services/how-to-forward-a-message-with-full-email-headers/

Offline she-la-ti-da

• in the bunker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 03:18:22 AM »
Anything that is unsolicited goes in my spam folder. Anything guaranteeing me any amount of sales, downloads, clicks on my site or whatever, goes into the spam folder.

Just a quick tip, to search for anything you want to know about on kboards, do a web search with kboards added. It's better than the search function here (and on most any site, really -- I always google first).
Queen of Procrasti Nation

Genres: speculative fiction under main pen name.

Offline crow.bar.beer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 03:22:07 AM »
"NOTE:  This e-mail message contains information from Genius Media, Inc. which is confidential, legally privileged and exempt from disclosure. It is intended for use only by the person to whom it is addressed. The contents of this message may not be shared in any manner and/or posted on any social media platform by the addressed or by anyone else without the express, written consent of Wid Bastian and Genius Media, Inc. Any unauthorized dissemination of the information in this email may subject the person and/or entity responsible to legal action. If you have received this message in error, please do not forward or use this information in any way, delete it immediately, and contact the sender as soon as possible. Thank you."

;D

;D

What a maroon! :P

Offline dgaughran

• Dublin
  • Let's Get Digital
    • View Profile
    • David Gaughran
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 05:03:25 AM »
I got this spam too. And I'm highly suspicious of the methods they use to promote books.

David Gaughran | mailing list | blog | website | facebook | twitter
LET'S GET DIGITAL 2 Free for purchasers of the 1st edition! Instructions here

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac