Author Topic: Getting into the top sellers  (Read 1907 times)  

Offline BellaJames

• View Profile
Re: Getting into the top sellers
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2017, 11:39:51 AM »
Thank you so much :). Now I know everyone is weary about the service but again. I'm just starting out. It's $15 to book and $15 if you're happy with the service. It's expected to get 80 sales and I'm hoping to get at least one person so they can reply to the post saying that I have integrity. Again I have to look over the quality of the cover and the reviews in order to ensure that it fits my audience (much like how romance readers does it) to ensure that I can provide the best bang for your buck instead of sending out a dud email and taking your money.

I said this on another thread where a new member is trying to drum up business for their new service too. Here http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,242755.0.html

If you are going to start a new business and ask people to pay for it, you have to be honest, professional and 100% transparent. Don't promise something you cannot deliver. Set up your site completely, add clear instructions, add a FAQ page and make it very clear what people are paying for.

Online LadyG

• Michigan
    • View Profile
    • A Goode One
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2017, 11:40:59 AM »
Reply to Doglover:

All your replies are personal attacks so I will no longer reply to you. You are very defensive (for good reason as we are on the internet where many scams take place) but your comments are questionable. Setting up the paperback and sending out digital ARC copies is a rudimentary tactic to getting reviews; I would expect an author to know that.

Oddly enough, I don't really think Doglover's comments are the most questionable things being said here.

Armed with nothing but coffee and a sense of humor.
A.J. Goode | A Goode One | Twitter | Facebook | Newsletter sign-up

Offline Doglover

• Huntingdon, United Kingdom
  • If you want real love, buy a dog.
    • View Profile
    • Margaret Brazear Author
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2017, 01:55:23 AM »

I said this on another thread where a new member is trying to drum up business for their new service too. Here http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,242755.0.html

If you are going to start a new business and ask people to pay for it, you have to be honest, professional and 100% transparent. Don't promise something you cannot deliver. Set up your site completely, add clear instructions, add a FAQ page and make it very clear what people are paying for.

He also needs to know the difference between wary and weary. Certainly changing guaranteed to expected gives credibility but thinking that every question is a personal attack is very amateurish.

The company is expecting all these sales, yet it has only three authors on its list and only 16,000 subscribers to its mailing list. While the paperback first thing makes sense, it doesn't change the fact that it took two other posters to explain what was meant. That is not a personal attack; that is common sense.

The past is another country; they do things differently there
Margaret Brazear | Website | Blog | Facebook | Readers Group | Comic Covers

Offline BellaJames

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2017, 02:35:44 AM »
He also needs to know the difference between wary and weary. Certainly changing guaranteed to expected gives credibility but thinking that every question is a personal attack is very amateurish.

The company is expecting all these sales, yet it has only three authors on its list and only 16,000 subscribers to its mailing list. While the paperback first thing makes sense, it doesn't change the fact that it took two other posters to explain what was meant. That is not a personal attack; that is common sense.

I agree with the first part of your comment.

Maybe they are taking it as a personal attack because they were not expecting authors to question their service. Maybe they thought it would be as easy as posting a new service on here and getting easy customers.

Be clear, include instructions and a faq's page. Make sure the full price of your service is included and explain what customers are paying for. Don't give false hope and guarantee a certain amount of downloads or sales. Go over your site and check that it looks good, is it easy to use and find everything? Please check for spelling mistakes.

The fact is there are two new services posted on here in the last week that are questionable.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 02:41:07 AM by BellaJames »

Offline KingHepburn

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2017, 08:27:20 AM »
Interesting.

Alright. I will set up my page and take the feedback from this post and put it to good work. Anyways I'll leave you with the last 3 books I shouted out.

Take a look at the published dates and the BSR. They got me to shout out their book on the first day it was live and it did extremely well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072NHY8QX
https://www.amazon.com/B071L2PSJD/
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072KWPPRG/

You will hear back from me again with an improved pitch :)