Why not Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial?

Author Topic: Amazon Echo's New Pomodoro Skill  (Read 612 times)  

Online ImaWriter

• Canada
    • View Profile
Amazon Echo's New Pomodoro Skill
« on: June 18, 2017, 10:29:13 AM »
Just stumbled across this new Pomodoro Skill on Reddit, and I thought some of you might be interested in checking it out. My Dots are in the kitchen and bedroom--I have a Google Home in my office--or i would try it out myself. 

Offline josielitton

• View Profile
Re: Amazon Echo's New Pomodoro Skill
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 10:55:06 AM »
Just stumbled across this new Pomodoro Skill on Reddit, and I thought some of you might be interested in checking it out. My Dots are in the kitchen and bedroom--I have a Google Home in my office--or i would try it out myself.

I had to look up pomodoro in wikileaks to find out what this is and why it's named for a tomato. Interesting and the skill works, at least for the few minutes I tried it, but honestly the ticking would drive me nuts. I do sometimes keep a clock open on the bottom of my screen to track elapsing time but that's resolutely silent.

Offline kenbritz

• New York
    • View Profile
    • Ken Britz
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 11:32:37 AM »
I had to look up pomodoro in wikileaks to find out what this is and why it's named for a tomato. Interesting and the skill works, at least for the few minutes I tried it, but honestly the ticking would drive me nuts. I do sometimes keep a clock open on the bottom of my screen to track elapsing time but that's resolutely silent.

I think you could find pomodoro easier on wikipedia rather than wikileaks....  :o

Ken Britz | Facebook | Website

Offline Alan Petersen

• San Francisco, CA
  • I write high octane thrillers.
    • View Profile
    • High Octane Action Thrillers from Alan Petersen
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 07:00:52 PM »
Egads, tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic... this would be a cool Echo skill to have if you could disable the non-stop timer ticking in the background. I wouldn't be able to get any writing done.

I'll stick with my phone app.

Quick video I made of it in action:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x228jCNy_vs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x228jCNy_vs</a>
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:12:57 PM by Alan Petersen »

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
  • How could you not smile back at Bonnie?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 05:10:22 AM »
Ticking might be good "white noise" to put you to sleep.  A lot of other sleep sounds to choose from though.

My bro beagle (1954-1966).  I still miss him big time.
His last collar hangs on my bedpost.