KB Featured Book
Bloody Sunrise
by Gregg Bell

$0.99
Kindle Edition published 2017-06-06
Bestseller ranking: 4595

Product Description

Denny O'Callaghan is afraid to open his eyes.

He'd been out drinking last night with the guys, and his head throbs, his arms hurt, and he can't remember what he's done.

He opens his eyes. Blood. On his sheets. His pillowcase.

Then he gets a call: his ex-wife was murdered last night.

He desperately tries to piece together what happened. But he can't explain how he got the scratches on his arms, the police want to know about the domestic violence report his ex filed against him, and his buddies say he was raging against her last night before he stormed off on his own.

Right about the time she was murdered.

Take advantage of this introductory low price!

What readers are saying about Bloody Sunrise:

'My involvement was total...I read this book straight through twice.' suziqnb

'Great thr...

Author Topic: Amazon Echo's New Pomodoro Skill  (Read 324 times)  

Offline ImaWriter

• Canada
    • View Profile
Amazon Echo's New Pomodoro Skill
« on: June 18, 2017, 10:29:13 AM »
Just stumbled across this new Pomodoro Skill on Reddit, and I thought some of you might be interested in checking it out. My Dots are in the kitchen and bedroom--I have a Google Home in my office--or i would try it out myself. 

Offline josielitton

• View Profile
Re: Amazon Echo's New Pomodoro Skill
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 10:55:06 AM »
Just stumbled across this new Pomodoro Skill on Reddit, and I thought some of you might be interested in checking it out. My Dots are in the kitchen and bedroom--I have a Google Home in my office--or i would try it out myself.

I had to look up pomodoro in wikileaks to find out what this is and why it's named for a tomato. Interesting and the skill works, at least for the few minutes I tried it, but honestly the ticking would drive me nuts. I do sometimes keep a clock open on the bottom of my screen to track elapsing time but that's resolutely silent.

Offline kenbritz

• New York
    • View Profile
    • Ken Britz
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 11:32:37 AM »
I had to look up pomodoro in wikileaks to find out what this is and why it's named for a tomato. Interesting and the skill works, at least for the few minutes I tried it, but honestly the ticking would drive me nuts. I do sometimes keep a clock open on the bottom of my screen to track elapsing time but that's resolutely silent.

I think you could find pomodoro easier on wikipedia rather than wikileaks....  :o

Ken Britz | Facebook | Website

Offline Alan Petersen

• San Francisco, CA
  • I write high octane thrillers.
    • View Profile
    • High Octane Action Thrillers from Alan Petersen
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 07:00:52 PM »
Egads, tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic... this would be a cool Echo skill to have if you could disable the non-stop timer ticking in the background. I wouldn't be able to get any writing done.

I'll stick with my phone app.

Quick video I made of it in action:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x228jCNy_vs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x228jCNy_vs</a>
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:12:57 PM by Alan Petersen »

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
  • How could you not smile back at Bonnie?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 05:10:22 AM »
Ticking might be good "white noise" to put you to sleep.  A lot of other sleep sounds to choose from though.

My bro beagle (1954-1966).  I still miss him big time.
His last collar hangs on my bedpost.