KB Featured Book
No Direction Home
by Elizabeth Burns

$0.00
Kindle Edition published 2017-05-20
Bestseller ranking: 81281

Product Description
Hunter Grayson flits from job to job, relationship to relationship, continent to continent until thetragic death of her parents brings her back to her childhood home.While trying to figure out how to move forward, she meets wild, fun Natalya Haven, who quickly becomes the sister she never had. But when Natalya moves in, their friendship unravels.
A second tragedy sends Hunter to a small town in New Mexico, a town out of her own past. For Hunter, that's more than a coincidence, that's fate. Natalya's family will fill the void in her life. Natalya's parents will become her parents. She and Natalya's brother will fall in love. But nothing is ever that simple....

Author Topic: Reviews aren't showing up on my Amazon product page.  (Read 1136 times)  

Offline MajesticMonkey

• View Profile
Reviews aren't showing up on my Amazon product page.
« on: June 19, 2017, 08:26:12 AM »
People are sending me links to reviews they've left on my Amazon product page, and while I can see them, they don't show up. My product page remains 'blank'. The first review was posted about 6 hours ago.

Should I message support? Just wait it out? I need some reviews to show up before I can email my list. 

Offline PaulineMRoss

• Nairn, Scotland
    • View Profile
    • The Brightmoon Annals
Re: Reviews aren't showing up on my Amazon product page.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 09:26:54 AM »
Same here. My ARC people are emailing me saying: I posted it but it's not there! I can see them if I go to Amazon.co.uk and scroll down to the 'Most helpful reviews on Amazon.com' - there they are! But not on the Amazon.com product page.

So you're not alone.

Pauline M. Ross (epic fantasy) Website | Mary Kingswood (Regency romances) Website 
Bookbub rejections: 55 and counting...

Offline TessOliver

• View Profile
    • Tessoliver.com
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 09:29:51 AM »
Yes call them. This happened to me and some other authors on Saturday. Some kind of glitch that they obviously haven't fixed yet. It took only a few hours after a call to customer service.

Offline MajesticMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 09:38:46 AM »
@Pauline. Thanks for your reply. :) I'll go check my UK page now. Yup. There's a bunch of them there.

@Tess, do you have a number? Or should I contact them via author central? Thanks!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 09:43:32 AM by MajesticMonkey »

Offline TessOliver

• View Profile
    • Tessoliver.com
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 09:46:14 AM »
Author central is probably your best bet today. It happened to my book on the weekend so I had to go through customer service and they sent it to the tech people.
I hope they fix the problem soon.

Offline MajesticMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 10:41:53 AM »
:( Can't seem these folks to call me. Each time I enter my info I get this. Is it just me?

"Not available

At this time, our call back service is unavailable. Please choose the e-mail option to contact us

Thank you,
Amazon.com Author Central Customer Service"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:44:37 AM by MajesticMonkey »

Offline MajesticMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 12:14:24 PM »
Should I contact Author Central, KDP Support or both via email regarding this issue?

Offline Dolphin

• Under the Sea
  • Skree'ee--eee, eeek!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 01:01:06 PM »
Especially if we're talking ARC team reviews, don't be surprised if this turns out to be a cull of reviews they flagged for potential undue influence.

Offline MajesticMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 01:30:29 PM »
Especially if we're talking ARC team reviews, don't be surprised if this turns out to be a cull of reviews they flagged for potential undue influence.
In my opinion, this is 100% a technical glitch.

Offline TessOliver

• View Profile
    • Tessoliver.com
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 01:38:10 PM »
I'd contact them by email if you cant' reach them by phone. My reviews came up in just a few hours and yes it's a glitch.

Offline MajesticMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 01:53:32 PM »
I'd contact them by email if you cant' reach them by phone. My reviews came up in just a few hours and yes it's a glitch.

I've sent an email via author central but am not sure if I also should send one to KDP. Not sure who would be better equipped to handle this issue and am pretty wary of KDP's support.

Online dianapersaud

• View Profile
    • Diana Persaud
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 01:56:52 PM »
I've sent an email via author central but am not sure if I also should send one to KDP. Not sure who would be better equipped to handle this issue and am pretty wary of KDP's support.

I'm also having this issue with my new releases. No reviews at all. But there is sell through (and borrows) from book one to book 2. I emailed KDP a while back and I never received the auto generated "thank you for contacting KDP..." email. I've never heard back from them either.

Just sent an email via Author Central. Will post when (if) I hear back.

Diana Persaud | My Website

Offline truc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 02:02:37 PM »
I saw a review posted on my product page (on Sat) that wasn't included in the review count until this morning (Mon). I think there's just a lag of some kind in the system.

Offline wingsandwords

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 02:41:55 PM »
Yeah, this is  p*ss ing me off. I've got ARC readers linking me their reviews, I can see them on the 'helpful' section of the UK store, but nada on .com

I called. Initial rep was like "Oh, it's because the paperback and kindle are still linking!" Then why are they not showing up on either version? "Oh, it's because it's a preorder!" Then why does the UK preorder have 1 published review? "Oh, I can't BS you away, let me get a senior tech."

Senior tech says "Oh, we have a review specific department that will handle this, but they don't do phone support. I will forward this to them and they'll contact you within 24 hours."

Book goes live tomorrow. I want my reviews.

>:(

Izzy Shows | Website

Offline PaulineMRoss

• Nairn, Scotland
    • View Profile
    • The Brightmoon Annals
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 03:09:43 PM »
Yeah, this is  p*ss ing me off.
Book goes live tomorrow. I want my reviews.

Mine's live, I have ads running and promo booked and I have a book with NO look inside and NO reviews. Very frustrating.

Pauline M. Ross (epic fantasy) Website | Mary Kingswood (Regency romances) Website 

Offline tknite

• USA
    • View Profile
    • Knite Writes
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 03:28:04 PM »
Mine's live, I have ads running and promo booked and I have a book with NO look inside and NO reviews. Very frustrating.

I'm having the same issues. My look inside still isn't up. Don't know about reviews yet, but I anticipate the same problem... :/
Therin Knite | author website | facebook | twitter | goodreads | newsletter
Authors! I offer book formatting at Knite & Day Design!
And be sure to ask me about my editing/proofreading services, too!

Offline Christine Kersey

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 07:57:05 PM »
I'm having the same issue with a book I released late Sunday night. I emailed KDP support 14 hours ago and haven't heard a word. Very frustrating!

Edited to add: I also asked my review team to contact customer support to let them know their reviews weren't showing up.

Christine Kersey | Website

Offline PaulineMRoss

• Nairn, Scotland
    • View Profile
    • The Brightmoon Annals
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 11:32:45 PM »
I'm having the same issue with a book I released late Sunday night. I emailed KDP support 14 hours ago and haven't heard a word. Very frustrating!

I've emailed too, and also haven't heard.  :(

ETA: just had a response:

Hello Pauline,
I wanted to send you a quick e-mail to let you know that I'm working with our technical support team to resolve the issue with the missing reviews on ASIN: Findo Gask's Apprentice (Brightmoon Book 8).
I will continue to monitor this situation and reply back to you in 1-2 business days with an answer for you.
Thanks for your patience.

So... patience, patience... {chews finger nails}

And as if this book launch wasn't glitchy enough already, I have no pages read showing up. Borrows (or so the rank suggests) but no pages read. :(
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 05:56:06 AM by PaulineMRoss »

Offline MajesticMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 07:59:00 AM »
This is the reply I got from Author Central:

Hello,

I've contacted our technical support team and they are currently working on the issue with your reviews.

They were not able to provide an exact date or time when they expect this issue to be resolved, but I'll continue to monitor the situation with the technical support team until the problem is fixed. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Still no look inside or reviews after 24 hours....

Offline Christine Kersey

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 08:20:16 AM »
My reviews just showed up! It seemed to work better when I went through the Help option on Author Central vs the support on my KDP dashboard.

Online dianapersaud

• View Profile
    • Diana Persaud
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 08:25:40 AM »
This is the reply I got from Author Central:

Still no look inside or reviews after 24 hours....

At least you received a reply. I've heard nothing from KDP and Author Central. Not even the generic "we received your question..."

Diana Persaud | My Website

Offline MajesticMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2017, 10:04:01 AM »
At least you received a reply. I've heard nothing from KDP and Author Central. Not even the generic "we received your question..."
Sorry to hear. I selected: "Other Author Central Features" -> "Customer Reviews" -> "Other". Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:05:33 AM by MajesticMonkey »

Offline MajesticMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2017, 10:08:16 AM »
My reviews just showed up! It seemed to work better when I went through the Help option on Author Central vs the support on my KDP dashboard.

I still don't have mine show up yet. Do you think your ARC reader complaining helped speed things up?

Offline Christine Kersey

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2017, 10:14:08 AM »
I still don't have mine show up yet. Do you think your ARC reader complaining helped speed things up?

I have no idea, but it certainly couldn't have hurt. I don't think more than 1 or 2 contacted Amazon.

Offline wingsandwords

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2017, 12:34:23 PM »
Customer service emailed me today to tell me that they don't transfer reviews from other stores to the .com store.

That's...that's not even close to what I asked about. Incompetent dogs. Customer service survey? Chose the terrible option.

Somehow my reviews showed up overnight, though. I refuse to credit them with that.   

Izzy Shows | Website