KB Featured Book
No Direction Home
by Elizabeth Burns

$0.00
Kindle Edition published 2017-05-20
Bestseller ranking: 81281

Product Description
Hunter Grayson flits from job to job, relationship to relationship, continent to continent until thetragic death of her parents brings her back to her childhood home.While trying to figure out how to move forward, she meets wild, fun Natalya Haven, who quickly becomes the sister she never had. But when Natalya moves in, their friendship unravels.
A second tragedy sends Hunter to a small town in New Mexico, a town out of her own past. For Hunter, that's more than a coincidence, that's fate. Natalya's family will fill the void in her life. Natalya's parents will become her parents. She and Natalya's brother will fall in love. But nothing is ever that simple....

Author Topic: Bargain Booksy: Give me a reason to keep using.  (Read 765 times)  

Online PiscaPress

• View Profile
    • Piscataqua Press
Bargain Booksy: Give me a reason to keep using.
« on: June 19, 2017, 10:45:03 AM »
Two duds in a row with Bargain Booksy, though I 've done okay in the past with Freebooksy.
Any reason not to abandon them? They show up on a bunch of best promo lists, but I did WAY better with ENT and some of the others.

Thanks!
very very very small publisher
PiscaPress

Online Seneca42

• View Profile
Re: Bargain Booksy: Give me a reason to keep using.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 04:19:55 PM »
haha. the fact no one has responded to this isn't good for booksy.

Online Perry Constantine

• San Diego
  • Action Fiction Author
    • View Profile
    • Percival Constantine - Action Fiction Author
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 04:21:48 PM »
Bargain Booksy gave me some pretty decent results when I used them in January, but when I used them with my recent launch, it didn't really help much.

Offline gmaz135

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 04:33:56 PM »
Got one scheduled for next Tuesday. I'll let you know. You have definitely lowered my expectations. Probably a good thing.  :)
Tin Man: 5%
george mazzeo | The Flying Scribe

Online Kay7979

• Western NY
    • View Profile
    • Kay L Ling
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 04:47:11 PM »
I agree they aren't as good as ENT or Robin Reads, but I had pretty good results the last couple times I used them--most recently on Sunday. I don't know what your expectations are, and authors' expectations may vary depending on how popular they are. I'm sort of a nobody, lol, so I don't expect a huge volume of sales. 

Kay L Ling | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter

Offline dsbrody

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 04:48:45 PM »
I just used them on Friday (6/16) for an action/adventure title $.99 promo.  Cost was $50.  Results were good, about 75 sales.  But my previous promo with them in April did less than half that, about 32 sales.  I'd be more likely to use them if they cut their price back a bit.

Online anniejocoby

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 04:51:42 PM »
I lurv Freebooksy. Can't say enough good things about them. I've always had great success with them. Bargainbooksy, not so much. In fact, I haven't had decent luck with any promo site for a .99 book. I've never had a BookBub, however, for a .99 book, although I've always heard they're amazing. Other than that...

Two dollars! Two dollars! I want my two dollars!!!
Annie Jocoby | ]Badge[/url] | Annie Jocoby website

Offline MClayton

• Florida
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 05:01:28 PM »
I have decent results with them. ENT and Robin Reads are my favorites. They cost less, and have better results. But Bargain Booksy is probably one of my favorite second-tier ad sites. I don't make my money back on the book in the ad, but I do with follow-up sales on the others in the series.

Offline Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake'

• Florida
  • Remembering Jeff and Harvey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 05:10:49 PM »
I just used them on Friday (6/16) for an action/adventure title $.99 promo.  Cost was $50.  Results were good, about 75 sales.  But my previous promo with them in April did less than half that, about 32 sales.  I'd be more likely to use them if they cut their price back a bit.

I don't really do well with 99c anywhere including BargainBooksy. It's just not worth the price unless you have follow-up books, are in KU, and/or have an audio book.

Freebooksy, on the other hand, is great. I usually have to wait 3-4 weeks after a Freebooksy before I start seeing profit with sell-thru, page reads and audios. They're pretty expensive, too.

Please visit my website to browse my virtual bookshelf.
Margaret Lake | website | twitter | youtube | facebook

Offline Kat M

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 05:48:50 PM »
I'm using them on Friday but like someone else said already, I'm sort of a nobody...and the book I'm promoting is a YA romance that is really more literary/coming of age than romance truly. Not hooky or blockbuster-ish by any stretch. So we'll see, but my expectations are measured.

Online PiscaPress

• View Profile
    • Piscataqua Press
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 06:08:05 PM »
I don't know what your expectations are, and authors' expectations may vary depending on how popular they are.

I was hoping for 25-50 sales, and got five. I have another on the 22nd for a different book, but it's part of a stack so it will be hard to tell.

Thanks for the responses.
PiscaPress

Offline 3rotic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 06:12:05 PM »
I run FreeBooksy/BargainBooksy ads every time I launch a new book and I've never been disappointed. They're affordable and they tend to get results for me.

First, look at your expectations. What qualifies as a "dud" for you? Not breaking even on the ad? Ten sales, twenty, a hundred?

And then look at the book you're promoting. Is it a good fit for their subscribers? Does it fall into a genre that's harder to market?

My standards for an ad may not align with yours, but BargainBooksy is still one of the best in the business, IMO. And even if I don't break even, I consider the uptick in page reads and visibility they offer to be worthwhile.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw your last post, OP. 25-30 sales is what I tend to get in genres like horror and sci-fi. It could be that the book you're promoting just isn't a good fit for their audience. It's hard to say.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 06:14:38 PM by 3rotic »

Online PiscaPress

• View Profile
    • Piscataqua Press
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 06:16:58 PM »

EDIT: Sorry, just saw your last post, OP. 25-30 sales is what I tend to get in genres like horror and sci-fi. It could be that the book you're promoting just isn't a good fit for their audience. It's hard to say.

It's a memoir, but it did really well with ENT last time around (about 75 sales).
PiscaPress

Offline David VanDyke

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 06:32:14 PM »
BBooksy did fine for me on a recent box set, when some others such as BookSends, that usually do better, didn't.

I think there's a lot of luck involved, or at least a lot of variability based on unknown factors. That's why it's good to rotate promos and diversify.

Futuristic Thrillers, Mysteries and Science Fiction
David VanDyke | Blog | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Contact

Online Kay7979

• Western NY
    • View Profile
    • Kay L Ling
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 07:41:38 PM »
I was hoping for 25-50 sales, and got five. I have another on the 22nd for a different book, but it's part of a stack so it will be hard to tell.

Yeah, I'd be complaining about five, too. Sorry you had poor results. 25+ is a realistic expectation even for us "nobodies."

Kay L Ling | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter

Online C. Gockel

• Chicago, IL
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 07:47:05 PM »

I'm so sorry. It could be that genre doesn't do well with them. I've never found them to be the best place to advertise at 99-cents. I have found them to be reliable and easy to book and worth it when stacking for those reasons, but it sounds like they aren't a good fit for that particular title.

I write books about Change, Chaos, and Loki
C. Gockel | facebook | tumblr | website

Offline SunshineOnMe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 07:54:39 PM »
I really like them. I'm sorry that happened- it might be the genre.

Online Alvina

• View Profile
    • Forever Young Recipes
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 12:54:31 AM »
They are one of my favorite promo sites. My first and second self-edited books got me 36 and 26 sales with Bargain Booksy. Regrettably, my recent double edited book just sold 13 copies with them!  :(

I emailed to inform them, and they returned my money.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 12:59:14 AM by Alvina »
[/url[url=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JD

Offline BillyDeCarlo

• View Profile
    • Billy DeCarlo, Author
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 03:40:05 AM »
I just used BargainBooksy on 6/12. With a debut novel under a pen name with no backlist, I think I've tried all of the promo services in my one-month launch campaign (staying away from known problem areas like BooksMachine, BooksButterfly).

BargainBooksy was my best so far - 27 sales. The others have tended to get me 5-8. Ereaderiq/bookbasset did 15 though.

I got shot down by ENT, Robin Reads, BookBub because at the time I had no reviews and no backlist. Now I have 20 reviews and 4.7 stars average so I'm going to circle back and try those. Just wanted to put in a positive word for BargainBooksy since they just delivered pretty well for me.
Vigilante Angels Book I: The Priest: 100%

Vigilante Angels Book II: The Cop: 95%

Vigilante Angels Book III: The Candidate: 1%
Debut Novel Available: Vigilante Angels Book I: The Priest. Book 2 available for pre-order.
Billy DeCarlo | Website/blog | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Amazon | BookBub | Goodreads | LibraryThing