Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.

Author Topic: Blurb Writing, Keyword Research & Blogging Services  (Read 360 times)  

Offline AudreyL

• View Profile
    • Deliberate Lit
Blurb Writing, Keyword Research & Blogging Services
« on: June 19, 2017, 11:16:38 AM »
Hello fellow authors,

This thread is for the purpose of discussing my copywriting services:

I provide blurb writing and keyword research. This means I'll strategically include keywords in the blurb and provide additional keywords for you to implement in the keyword section when you publish.

As a professional copywriter, I blog for businesses full time. I'd like to extend this service to authors, as I know many of them prefer to focus on fiction and do the blog writing as a necessary evil.

The reality is, if you're blogging as a chore, it's probably not effective. The competition for online content can be overwhelming, and if you're not aware of SEO, keywords, importance of headlines, and writing valuable content that search engines will point to organically, the time you're spending toiling over your blog is not efficient.

Let me help! Check out my website for details on my qualifications, examples of my copywriting service, and rates

I also have a listing for editing and critique services:

With my academic literature background, I can help you take your characters and stories to this deeper level of meaning.

My credentials:

Full-time copywriter and copyeditor for businesses

Reader for academic literary journals as well as written contest-winning short stories and have degrees in Literature and Creative Writing.

Freelance writer and author

Special areas of interest/expertise:

I've written and edited romance and erotica for indie authors. I also write literary fiction and am currently in search of a traditional publisher for my psychological literary novel.
I also enjoy magical realism, speculative fiction, and women's fiction/upmarket.

Summary of my services:

Blurb writing with keyword research
Blogging for authors
Beta readings with a full critique for completed works or works-in-progress.
I also can provide a full edit with developmental and line edits.

Please check out my website to learn more about me and my rates: https://audreylentz.wordpress.com/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 06:31:09 AM by AudreyL »

Offline AudreyL

• View Profile
    • Deliberate Lit
Re: Blurb Writing, Keyword Research & Blogging Services
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 08:07:03 AM »
Hi,

I just updated my listing to include a few new services. I've seen a few authors posting about requests for blurb writing, so I just wanted to check in.

See https://audreylentz.wordpress.com/services/ for up to date rates.

Thanks all!

Offline SA_Soule

• Northern CA
  • Author, Creativity Coach, & Avid Reader
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Author Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 10:32:37 AM »
I don't see any testimonials on your site in regards to blurb writing and $25 is a lot for most indie authors to spend if you don't have much experience.

Do you have any book descriptions that you helped write that you can share? (Author name and a URL to the blurb?)

Good luck with your new business.

Offline AudreyL

• View Profile
    • Deliberate Lit
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 11:27:17 AM »
I don't see any testimonials on your site in regards to blurb writing and $25 is a lot for most indie authors to spend if you don't have much experience.

Do you have any book descriptions that you helped write that you can share? (Author name and a URL to the blurb?)

Thanks for your interest. As many of my book blurbs have been for erotica, I don't have them posted publicly, but inquirers are welcome to ask for links individually. My rates also includes SEO and research, which is enough of a value-add (and time commitment) to warrant the cost.

Offline Paul Kohler

• Littleton, Colorado
    • View Profile
    • PaulKohler.net
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 11:41:30 AM »
What genre's are you comfortable writing blurbs in? I have a sci-fi/zombie trilogy (two books complete) that need blurbs for.
Detour, Book Two of the Humanity's Edge Trilogy is now available! Click the cover today!
Paul B. Kohler | author website | facebook | twitter

Offline AudreyL

• View Profile
    • Deliberate Lit
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 06:15:31 AM »

Special areas of interest/expertise:

I've written and edited romance and erotica for indie authors. I also write literary fiction and am currently in search of a traditional publisher for my psychological literary novel.
I also enjoy magical realism, speculative fiction, and women's fiction/upmarket.

Zombie/Sci-Fi is not an area I have experience in. I'd be willing to do some genre research and give it a wack, but I don't have previous examples of work in those genres.