KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: (Spot suddenly open) Who wants to be interviewed on my podcast?  (Read 1394 times)  

Offline jdcore

• Toronto, Ohio
    • View Profile
    • The Lupa Schwartz Mysteries Blog
My podcast has had four very successful story telling seasons. Between the story telling seasons I have been doing interviews with authors. Those have also been very popular. Well, I'm looking to take a break from the story telling aspect for a while, so I'll be focusing on interviews. I'll also be cutting back from weekly to bi-weekly, which means I only have room for two to three interviews per month. July is already booked, but I'm looking to open it up for August.

Eventually I'll get back to the story telling episodes, and season five will again be weekly; but for now, if you have a new release coming in August and would like to be one of the two interviews for the month, hit me up either in the comments or IM. We'll focus the interview on story and personality - not so much on craft or the business of writing. The idea is to appeal to readers, not to other writers - except for where the writers are also readers.

You can also hit me up for September, October, November and December. We won't record the interviews yet, but I'm looking to book ahead. Interviews may or may not continue into 2018. I'm undecided at the moment.

Genres of special interest are crime, thriller, horror, mystery, paranormal, adventure, and the like. Of less interest: romance, religious, literary, coming of age, non-fiction, etc. It's called Thrills and Mystery Podcast after all. Interviews are audio only, so you don't have to worry about your hair or the mess in the background. The interview lasts a half hour give-or-take, and we do pre-interview to get warmed up.

If you'd like to listen to a few to see if you're comfortable with the format, you can find them at podcast.thrillsandmystery.com. There's a new interview coming out in the morning.

So who's up for a chat?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 04:36:46 AM by jdcore »

Offline Mark Gardner

• Arizona, USA
    • View Profile
    • Article 94
Re: Who wants to be interviewed on my podcast?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 01:02:59 PM »
I'm up for whatever.
My podcast has had four very successful story telling seasons. Between the story telling seasons I have been doing interviews with authors. Those have also been very popular. Well, I'm looking to take a break from the story telling aspect for a while, so I'll be focusing on interviews. I'll also be cutting back from weekly to bi-weekly, which means I only have room for two to three interviews per month. July is already booked, but I'm looking to open it up for August.

Eventually I'll get back to the story telling episodes, and season five will again be weekly; but for now, if you have a new release coming in August and would like to be one of the two interviews for the month, hit me up either in the comments or IM. We'll focus the interview on story and personality - not so much on craft or the business of writing. The idea is to appeal to readers, not to other writers - except for where the writers are also readers.

You can also hit me up for September, October, November and December. We won't record the interviews yet, but I'm looking to book ahead. Interviews may or may not continue into 2018. I'm undecided at the moment.

Genres of special interest are crime, thriller, horror, mystery, paranormal, adventure, and the like. Of less interest: romance, religious, literary, coming of age, non-fiction, etc. It's called Thrills and Mystery Podcast after all. Interviews are audio only, so you don't have to worry about your hair or the mess in the background. The interview lasts a half hour give-or-take, and we do pre-interview to get warmed up.

If you'd like to listen to a few to see if you're comfortable with the format, you can find them at podcast.thrillsandmystery.com. There's a new interview coming out in the morning.

So who's up for a chat?

Offline gmaz135

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 01:10:13 PM »
J. D.'s podcasts are very good. He is an excellent interviewer...a good experience for me.
Tin Man: 7%
george mazzeo | Chasing Dragons

Offline Joseph Malik

• Pacific Northwest
    • View Profile
    • Writing and Fighting with Joseph Malik
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 01:17:43 PM »
Do this. He's good. You'll have fun.

On that, JD, I have a second book coming out at the end of October; I'd love to do another interview on your show around launch.
Dragon's Trail: 100%

The New Magic - Draft 4: 50%

Hardcover now available.
Writing and Fighting with Joseph Malik | Website | Blog| Mailing List

Offline Lorri Moulton

• Author of Romances, Mysteries, and Fairytales
    • View Profile
    • Lavender Lass Books
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 02:27:36 PM »
I sent you a PM. :)

Author of Romances, Mysteries, Fairytales and Historical Non-Fiction.
Lorri Moulton | Website | Amazon | Facebook | Twitter

Offline catethewriter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 03:04:46 PM »
I'd love to join in, JD. I have a new release in my cozy mystery series, The Maggie Mulgrew Mysteries, every month for the rest of the year, so I'm good for any month (except September 15-24, when I'll be on a well-earned holiday).

Sounds like a fun time!

Offline sammyig

• West Virginia
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 03:37:48 PM »
I would love to be a part of this. I have my first box set releasing August 8th.

Genre is horror/dark fantasy.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 03:40:26 PM by sammyig »

Online RightHoJeeves

• Perth
    • View Profile
    • Lawson Copywriting
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 06:27:48 PM »
My ego wants me to be interviewed, but I know I don't really have anything of interest to actually say, haha.

James Lawson

Offline jdcore

• Toronto, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 09:51:36 PM »
Thanks for all the kind comments and the interest.

Mark G and catethewriter, I'll contact you to choose a date. Sammy, Joseph, and Lori, I have penciled you in. I'll post the schedule below. Contact me and let me know if there's an issue with these dates. The date is broadcast date, not recording date. We'll have to choose a date to actually conduct the interview. I'll IM you about that soon.

Anyone else, let me know if there's a date you'd like. I'll update the schedule as it fills.

July 24 OPEN
August 7 Sammyig
August 21 OPEN
September 4 OPEN
September 18 OPEN
October 2 Lori Moulton
October 16 OPEN
October 30 Joseph Malik
November 13 OPEN
November 27 OPEN
December 11 OPEN
December 18 OPEN
January 1 OPEN

Offline jdcore

• Toronto, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2017, 09:55:12 PM »
My ego wants me to be interviewed, but I know I don't really have anything of interest to actually say, haha.
I'll bet it would be a good interview. We'd start by discussing your background and why you write. Then we'd move into discussing what you already have published. I see you have a book out. I bet you can talk about it, the characters, the story, the setting. Then we'd talk about what you're writing now, and what you hope to write in the future. Then you could tell everyone how to find your stuff and how to connect with you; Facebook, twitter, blog, and that's an interview and we made it engaging and interesting, because we're story tellers, and that's how we do.

Online RightHoJeeves

• Perth
    • View Profile
    • Lawson Copywriting
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2017, 10:13:45 PM »
I'll bet it would be a good interview. We'd start by discussing your background and why you write. Then we'd move into discussing what you already have published. I see you have a book out. I bet you can talk about it, the characters, the story, the setting. Then we'd talk about what you're writing now, and what you hope to write in the future. Then you could tell everyone how to find your stuff and how to connect with you; Facebook, twitter, blog, and that's an interview and we made it engaging and interesting, because we're story tellers, and that's how we do.

Hey if you're keen, then let's do it. Sounds like it would be fun.

James Lawson

Offline jdcore

• Toronto, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 10:22:26 PM »
Hey if you're keen, then let's do it. Sounds like it would be fun.
Great, do you have a release coming out soon you'd like to schedule near, or is any date fine?

Online RightHoJeeves

• Perth
    • View Profile
    • Lawson Copywriting
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 10:46:15 PM »
By the end of August I'm aiming to have a free promo novella out that'll be used in the lead up to the release of a new series. I'll be pushing that over Facebook throughout September, so if I were to pick a date it'd probably be the 18th of September?

James Lawson

Offline Frankie

• Hawaii
    • View Profile
    • Frankie Bow
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 02:08:41 AM »
I'd love to be interviewed! My 2017 resolution is to publish a novella a month, so you can put me anywhere on the schedule and (if all goes according to plan) I'll have something new-ish to talk about. I write cozy mysteries and Miss Fortune fan fiction on Kindle Worlds.

If life isn't fair, at least it can be entertaining.
Frankie Bow | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter Sign-up

Offline LHTide

• La Garde near Toulon, France
  • Sci Fi and Horror writer - writing for fun
    • View Profile
    • Tide's Worlds
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 05:41:50 AM »

Sounds great, jdcore!

I was wondering if you're only interested interviewing people having published complete novels, or
if you would be interested asking questions to a person who published an almost finished novel in
chapters, on sites for creators like Patreon?
That way I could share my experience with your listeners.
The fact that I live in Europe may of course complicate a bit the synchronization between us, but
whenever you would be interested by a French writer's view of the Kindle Publishing experience...

So who's up for a chat?

Offline Dominique Mondesir

• View Profile
    • Dominique Mondesir
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 05:45:20 AM »

Hahah I know how you feel.

Dominique Mondesir | Dominique Mondesir | Facebook

Offline jdcore

• Toronto, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 06:36:24 AM »
James, the date is yours. Dominique, James took the plunge. Just say the word, and I'll pencil you in. She who hesitates ...

Frankie, and LH, I've updated the sched and you're on it. The Europe thing is no biggie. My series already includes authors from UK, France, and UAE.

Here's the updated schedule:

July 24 Dominique Mondesir
August 7 Sammyig
August 21 Dustin Porta
September 4 Mark Gardner
September 18 James Lawson
October 2 Lori Moulton
October 16 LH Tide
October 30 Joseph Malik
November 13 catethewriter
November 27 Diamondinthesky
December 11 Frankie Bow
December 18 OPEN
January 1 Warden of Everfeld
Non-bold names are soft schedule subject to change.

Slots are filling fast.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 12:36:49 PM by jdcore »

Offline WardenofEverfeld

• Baltimore, MD
    • View Profile
    • Red String PaperCuts
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 06:37:54 AM »
Thanks for all the kind comments and the interest.

Anyone else, let me know if there's a date you'd like. I'll update the schedule as it fills.

This sounds great, jdcore! I plan to have my first novel out by the end of the year, so is January 1 still open?

Full disclosure: my novel is a fantasy adventure AND coming-of-age story. Is that still appropriate for your audience?

Thanks for offering this.

Offline jdcore

• Toronto, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 06:42:40 AM »
This sounds great, jdcore! I plan to have my first novel out by the end of the year, so is January 1 still open?

Full disclosure: my novel is a fantasy adventure AND coming-of-age story. Is that still appropriate for your audience?

Thanks for offering this.
You got it.

Online DIAMONDSINTHESKY

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 06:54:03 AM »
It seems like your not short of offers JD - but if someone who is new to writing but an experienced Screenwriter and Playwright, giving their take on their journey into novel writing and approach to this crazy world would be of interest, I would be happy to do it.

Offline jdcore

• Toronto, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 07:10:00 AM »
Diamondinthesky, sounds great. I've penciled you in for November 27.

Folks, barring any changes, I only have one date left. Who wants it?

Offline PeterKnyte

• Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK
  • Indie novelist and publisher
    • View Profile
    • KnyteWrytng - Author website and blog
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 08:32:54 AM »
Hi JD,
I don't think I've written enough yet to make it worthwhile being interviewed. BUT!

I'd love to hear a bit more about the practicalities of being interviewed, just for future reference. i.e. do you need a good quality microphone and camera (if its a video interview), do you have to be particularly careful with lighting and sound echo's.

And then, how does it work when you're interviewing folks in general and in different time zones, is there much prep etc, or is it just press the button and you've started?

Also, are your interviews on YouTube - I have a terrible author podcast habit to maintain, but prefer to consume said wisdom from the sofa via my Fire TV box.

All the best
Peter
By a Blue and Crimson Light (Glass Darkly season 2) - editing: 90%

The Ghost of Snowfall - writing: 85%

The Ashes to Time - reserch: 60%
Indie novelist and publisher.
Peter Knyte | Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

Offline jdcore

• Toronto, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2017, 09:34:11 AM »
Hi Peter. I used to have a Youtube channel but they deleted me for violation of TOS for spamming, which I didn't do, but I assume one of the authors I featured did it by accident by oversharing the episode they were featured in.

I ask my guests to use headphones to avoid echo. Other than that no technical restrictions. I dont save video, so cams aren't required, but Ill use mine if you prefer "eye contact."

We do a little pre-interview so the subject has a chance to get acclimated and tell me if there is a particular issue they either want to hit on or avoid. The interview is recorded, not live, so time zones aren't an issue. So long as you have Skype where you are, we're good.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:38:09 AM by jdcore »

Offline Dominique Mondesir

• View Profile
    • Dominique Mondesir
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2017, 01:12:52 PM »
Hi Jdcore,

I PM'ed you, for the July slot has it already gone?

Dominique Mondesir | Dominique Mondesir | Facebook

Offline jdcore

• Toronto, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 02:47:42 PM »
Hi Jdcore,

I PM'ed you, for the July slot has it already gone?
Here is the updated schedule.

July 24 Dominique Mondesir
August 7 Sammyig
August 21 Dustin Porta
September 4 Mark Gardner
September 18 James Lawson
October 2 Lori Moulton
October 16 LH Tide
October 30 Joseph Malik
November 13 catethewriter
November 27 Diamondinthesky
December 11 Frankie Bow