Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.
KB Featured
TBD
by TBD

$0.00
Kindle Edition published 2016-01-12
Bestseller ranking: 757432

Product Description
With the odd disappearance of her parents, Gussie Gibson has lived her entire life with her granny on a peaceful pecan orchard, owned by the meanest man in all of Georgia—Mr. J.P. Combs. Granny teaches Gussie many valuable life lessons as a black woman growing up in the still-segregated south. Mr. Combs is an evil underhanded banker who takes liberties beyond his privilege. When Granny dies, Combs informs Gussie she owes him back rent—but he wants much more than money for payment—and more than Gussie can live with.
After defending herself against his sexual advances, Gussie flees to escape certain vigilante justice when she meets a charming, handsome stranger, Sam Johnson, who is just returning from World War II.
Gussie and Sam’s friendship is short-lived when Mr. Combs hunts her down and drags her back to Green Ridge, driven by his craving for revenge and a grudge too deep to comprehend. Gussie fights to return to Sam and his lo...

Author Topic: ECHO Prime Music Unlimited  (Read 826 times)  

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
    • View Profile
ECHO Prime Music Unlimited
« on: July 14, 2017, 09:48:00 AM »
Now that I have Echo, Dot, Tap located all over my house  ;D I have renewed interest in Prime Music Unlimited. I realize I can get a free trial for a month. From what I read, it looks like I can only enable it on one device. Does that mean one device at a time, or one device period? If I enable it on the Echo, does that mean I cannot use it with the Tap?
Words with Friends: Jane917

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
Re: ECHO Prime Music Unlimited
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 10:22:03 AM »
My individual Amazon Music Unlimited sunscription is $7.99/month ($79/year).  As long as the Echo/Dot/Tap/tablet are signed in with my account or in my profile, I can stream any of the Unlimited music from any device.  I've not tried multiple devices at the same time, because I am usually listening from one place or another.
The Echo subscription is $3.99/month.  From what I understand, that one is PER DEVICE. 
So you probably want to enable your trial from a browser somewhere so you get the regular trial where you can use all your devices.

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 10:54:19 AM »
My individual Amazon Music Unlimited sunscription is $7.99/month ($79/year).  As long as the Echo/Dot/Tap/tablet are signed in with my account or in my profile, I can stream any of the Unlimited music from any device.  I've not tried multiple devices at the same time, because I am usually listening from one place or another.
The Echo subscription is $3.99/month.  From what I understand, that one is PER DEVICE. 
So you probably want to enable your trial from a browser somewhere so you get the regular trial where you can use all your devices.

That is helpful information, Andra. Now I see why the cost is different. I thought the lower cost of subscribing via Alexa was the same subscription as subscribing online. It makes sense to me to subscribe at the lower cost because my Echo is in my living/kitchen area where we spend most of our time.

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 11:35:14 AM »
I connected my Echo to my Pandora, iHeart Radio and XM radio accounts.  She's working great for my music.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
  • How could you not smile back at Bonnie?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 05:42:42 AM »
I've got music music music -- two Echos and a Tap with Amazon Music Unlimited ($79/yr), pay Pandora, pay Spotify.  I just tried Amazon's Music on both an Echo and Tap at the same time.  That worked.  I expect it would work with all three at the same time too.  Music won't sync though -- same thing on two or more at the same time.

My bro beagle (1954-1966).  I still miss him big time.
His last collar hangs on my bedpost.

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 07:29:47 AM »
You can play the same song at the same time on two or more Echos, etc.  I uploaded a CD of ocean sounds that I like in particular.  Gentle Waves   Thirty minutes is ocean waves only and thirty minutes is ocean waves & gulls.  I can play one "song" on my two Echos and the Tap at the same time.  The sound of waves don't need to sync.  I'm in the Chicago 'burbs.  Like living on the beach . . . with the drapes closed.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 07:31:52 AM by Sandpiper »

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 06:17:52 AM »
As I said above, I have both Amazon Music Unlimited and pay Spotify.  In the past few days I haven't been able to get one particular album to play which is in Amazon Music via voice request.  Contacted Amazon via e-mail.  E-mail reply said he couldn't get it to play either -- call.  I called.  Usually talking to Amazon CS re something technical is absolutely ridiculous.  If Amazon couldn't get it to play either, why would the problem be one of my Echos, my wifi, etc., etc.  The problem is at Amazon.  I hung up.  Don't know if I'll try again.  Need to talk to tech person there -- not CS person whose first language is not English.  Sometimes I get disgusted.

While trying to fall asleep last night, I had an idea what the problem may be.  Nothing on my end.  Don't know whether to attempt talking to Amazon or not.  ???

For now at least I've switched my music service to default to Spotify.  May not renew Amazon Music Unlimited.

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 06:35:03 AM »
Can't help with your issue, but when I talk to Amazon CS I ask if they are in the United States (if I have difficulty understanding them).  If they say no, I ask to be transferred to the United States.  That is your right and I find it helps.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 06:44:49 AM »
Can't help with your issue, but when I talk to Amazon CS I ask if they are in the United States (if I have difficulty understanding them).  If they say no, I ask to be transferred to the United States.  That is your right and I find it helps.

Thank you.  Will do that in the future. 

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 07:30:48 AM »
Who wants to talk me into subscribing to Music Unlimited?

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 08:09:21 AM »
Who wants to talk me into subscribing to Music Unlimited?

Not me.   ;D  It's not my favorite music service.

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2017, 08:48:15 AM »
Not me.   ;D  It's not my favorite music service.

What is your favorite music service?  Why not Music Unlimited?  I have pay Pandora for stations.  I like it very much.  Stations don't provide full music service.

With regards to my signature, as Photobucket is no longer providing third-party photo hosting (for free), what is everyone using now?  How are you posting photos?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 08:50:55 AM by Sandpiper »

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 08:52:20 AM »
My favorite is Spotify because you can download and play offline.  I also like Apple Music.

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 10:42:40 AM »

I did that today.  I spent app. two hours on the phone with a tech person I got to by asking for CS in the U.S. whose first language is English.  :)  Problem not solved at this point though.  :(  I have an old CD I absolutely love.  Months ago uploaded it into My Music Library on Amazon.  In the not too distant past played it via voice request on Echos.  No problem.  Tried yesterday and repeatedly today, "I can't find . . . ."  I am very unhappy. 

Echo and Music App are separate departments.

Echo -- 877 / 375-9365

Music -- 866 / 439-0313

Offline Someone Nameless

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 11:14:19 AM »
That has been my problem too.  I asked for a station by one name on SiriusXM and it gives me a station on TuneIn Radio by a similar name.  I've tried all different ways of asking and can't get it to play.  It seems like if you loaded it into iTunes and it was on your phone, maybe it would play it by asking for the artist?

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 11:49:04 AM »
That has been my problem too.  I asked for a station by one name on SiriusXM and it gives me a station on TuneIn Radio by a similar name.  I've tried all different ways of asking and can't get it to play.  It seems like if you loaded it into iTunes and it was on your phone, maybe it would play it by asking for the artist?

It's kind of nature sounds CD.  Artists on it -- "various artists".  It is old.  Love it.  Yesterday and today I tried asking Echo to play it with various wording.  "I can't find . . . ." 

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 06:26:42 PM »
Try making a playlist with a simple name and add the songs on the album to it.
I had to do that with some of my classical music.

Offline Sandpiper

• Chicago 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 09:10:42 PM »
Try making a playlist with a simple name and add the songs on the album to it.
I had to do that with some of my classical music.

Thank you, Andra.  That works!!  :)  Going to try that tomorrow with another album that won't play by voice request.

ETA:  I stayed up and tried it with the other album.  I also love the Camelot movie soundtrack.  It isn't in Amazon Music Unlimited.  I uploaded it from my iTunes a while ago, but it would not play via Echo voice request.  Put it into a playlist as you suggested.  It works!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:47:56 PM by Sandpiper »

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2017, 05:26:21 AM »
Thank you, Andra.  That works!!  :)  Going to try that tomorrow with another album that won't play by voice request.

ETA:  I stayed up and tried it with the other album.  I also love the Camelot movie soundtrack.  It isn't in Amazon Music Unlimited.  I uploaded it from my iTunes a while ago, but it would not play via Echo voice request.  Put it into a playlist as you suggested.  It works!

Oh Good!!

I'm glad to hear that the playlist idea works for you.