Author Topic: Echo Show screen dimming  (Read 210 times)  

Offline Gary_Berg

• View Profile
Echo Show screen dimming
« on: July 16, 2017, 08:32:33 AM »
I've been using an Echo Show for about a week. It seems that every night at 10PM exactly the screen dims to it's lowest setting. It doesn't matter if it's playing music or doing nothing; the screen dims. I can "undo" this by going into the settings on it and sliding the brightness back up. It doesn't matter if I have the brightness set to adaptive or not. And my do not disturb time doesn't start until 11PM.

I chatted with Amazon support but all they had me do was to deregister and register it again. That made no difference.

Do they all do this?

Gary Berg

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Oklahoma
  • Card-carrying melodrama villain
    • View Profile
    • All about me....<hee hee>
Re: Echo Show screen dimming
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 12:07:51 PM »
Could there be a time zone issue where your device is set to a different time zone?

I'm assuming there is no sleep mode separate from do not disturb.

(Make your own reading bar)
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Gary_Berg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 05:51:34 PM »
It's time zone is correct. I'd be happy to find out that yes, this is normal. I'd be ecstatic if they said a future update would let me change it. When in this mode the screen brightness is set to it's lowest value. It doesn't go into Do Not Disturb mode. In the morning, at an unknown time, the brightness goes back to normal.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Offline gdae23

• NYC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 08:43:05 PM »
Mine does this too. (Actually, I bought the 2 pack and they both dim at 10 P.M.) I'm not sure what time in the morning the dimming effect ends - maybe 6 A.M.?  I'm taking a guess it was programmed this way to match a "typical" sleep schedule. It doesn't match my schedule though! Since they all seem to do this, I'm surprised tha Amazon rep didn't seem to know about it at all when you called. I also hope this will be changed in a future update so that it's customizable.

Offline Gary_Berg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 09:41:59 AM »
Thank you!! I think the Amazon rep wasn't very familiar with Echo's, at least the Show. I do wish I could change the schedule, but it's not much of a problem for me. Now if I worked 2nd or 3rd shift...

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk