KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Dedication...  (Read 890 times)  

Offline ScottFish

• Detroit, MI -USA
    • View Profile
    • The 30 Minute Sales Coach
Dedication...
« on: July 16, 2017, 04:50:15 PM »
I had to promise not to post the pic on here, but today I was very tickled.  My wife and I were both in the backyard reading and she came outside with one of those orange outdoor extension cords.  I looked over a minute later and she was reading on her Kindle as it was plugged into that big-a$$ cord. 

Scott Fishman | Website | Podcast

Offline Muddypawz

• Louisiana
    • View Profile
Re: Dedication...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 12:03:40 AM »
How funny!  You do what ya gotta do......lol

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Administrator
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 03:36:05 AM »
 Love it!

Though I'll say a backup Kindle is a beautiful thing...  I can read on one while the other one charges...

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline ScottFish

• Detroit, MI -USA
    • View Profile
    • The 30 Minute Sales Coach
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 12:31:14 PM »
Love it!

Though I'll say a backup Kindle is a beautiful thing...  I can read on one while the other one charges...

Betsy

Agreed.  When I saw what she was doing, I actually pulled out the fully charged backup for her, but she was proud of her ingenuity and didn't want to use it.   ;D

Scott Fishman | Website | Podcast

Offline patrickt

• Oaxaca, Mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 04:25:02 PM »
I don't wear suspenders and a belt but I am that kind of guy. I not only have a backup Kindle--two PW3--but I carry a power pack in my little daypack that I can use to charge my Kindle or my phone. I've never needed to charge my phone but I've charged my Kindle a few times when I left home with an almost empty battery. Of course, I can read on my Kindle app on my phone but I much prefer my Kindle.

Offline isamilis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 10:53:02 PM »
I used to sleep or work while my kindle is being charged. lol I also sometimes read on my phone or tablet while my kindle is being charged.

Offline patrickt

• Oaxaca, Mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 05:05:02 AM »
Now you know what to get her for Christmas. Either a backup Kindle or a power pack. I have a small power pack in my day pack. I have used it for both my phone and my Kindle. Now, if Kindle would just come out with a Paperwhite with a USB-C port I wouldn't have to carry a tiny little adapter.