Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.
KB Featured
TBD
by TBD

$0.00
Kindle Edition published 2016-01-12
Bestseller ranking: 757432

Product Description
With the odd disappearance of her parents, Gussie Gibson has lived her entire life with her granny on a peaceful pecan orchard, owned by the meanest man in all of Georgia—Mr. J.P. Combs. Granny teaches Gussie many valuable life lessons as a black woman growing up in the still-segregated south. Mr. Combs is an evil underhanded banker who takes liberties beyond his privilege. When Granny dies, Combs informs Gussie she owes him back rent—but he wants much more than money for payment—and more than Gussie can live with.
After defending herself against his sexual advances, Gussie flees to escape certain vigilante justice when she meets a charming, handsome stranger, Sam Johnson, who is just returning from World War II.
Gussie and Sam’s friendship is short-lived when Mr. Combs hunts her down and drags her back to Green Ridge, driven by his craving for revenge and a grudge too deep to comprehend. Gussie fights to return to Sam and his lo...

Author Topic: Michael Connelly - Harry Bosch  (Read 298 times)  

Offline A.Q.

• Australia
    • View Profile
Michael Connelly - Harry Bosch
« on: July 28, 2017, 09:06:17 PM »
I recently rearranged my living area, and when reassembling my library, discovered that I had several Michael Connelly books. Now, in my high school years, I'd read 'The Poet' and 'City of Angels' (both books I own), but I also discovered that I had 3 more Bosch novels (can't remember buying them) but, in researching the books, I discovered that I only had 4 of 15 Bosch novels - eBay and Amazon helped me out, and I bought six more Bosch novels (including the first 4 or 5 books, published in the 1990's)

Anyone here a fan of either Connelly's work, or of the Bosch series? I quite liked 'The Poet' (which isn't a Bosch novel), and City of Bones was quite good, too (from memory).
The Commonwealth Crisis: A Time to Kill: 20%
Bradley Hutchinson | Facebook

The Commonwealth Crisis: Prologue

Offline padowd

• View Profile
Re: Michael Connelly - Harry Bosch
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 07:13:21 AM »
My husband is a huge fan of the Bosch series and has them all. I have read the first 4 books in the series and also love them. The series on Amazon is great. If you have not seen them you need to join Amazon prime. We use Amazon a lot so no big deal for us. Getting the Bosch series is a huge plus. If you don't want to pay the whole year up front you can pay monthly and cancel anytime which is what we do. It is about $11.00 a month and so worth it. If anyone likes a good detective story then I think you would like Bosch.

Offline prairiesky

• Colorado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 09:56:16 AM »
The Harry Bosch series on Amazon is so good.  I admit to binge watching several episodes at once because as soon as one if over, I can't wait to see what happens next.

Offline ellenoc

• Colorado
  • Mystery and romance
    • View Profile
    • Ellen O'Connell
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 11:57:54 AM »
I've read all the books and follow the series. Not many books lure me to pay double digit prices, but these do. It's been interesting to see how Harry retiring and then coming back one way and another has been going. Makes me think Connelly was planning on ending the series and then decided not to. I don't care for his other series about the lawyer.

Offline CaptnAndy

• Folsom, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 12:23:15 PM »
I'm a fan of all Connelly's work, but use my local library to save money and shelf space.

A.G. Kimbrough, An Author/Publisher of Historical Fiction and Hard Science Fiction
A.G. Kimbrough

Offline A.Q.

• Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 07:27:55 PM »
Until yesterday I didn't even know there was a show based on the Bosch novels
The Commonwealth Crisis: A Time to Kill: 20%
Bradley Hutchinson | Facebook

The Commonwealth Crisis: Prologue

Offline padowd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 09:41:24 AM »
That is what I love about this forum and others like it. You learn new things all the time. I have come across many books that I would never had known about or thought I would enjoy reading until I saw it mentioned on this forum. The Bosch series is really good and does go by the book very well. Connelly is involved in the show so that is probably why it is so good such as Martin being involved and writing some of the Game Of Thrones. When the writer has input the show is always better. The actor playing Bosch is also good. The series has been renewed again so that makes me very happy.

Offline Galaxy Dog

• Venice (Italy)
  • Brett Fitzpatrick
    • View Profile
    • BrettFitzpatrick.com
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 10:48:16 AM »
Glad to hear there is third season of this coming. I binged the first two and liked them. I liked the first one more than the second, because of the psychological elements (like Criminal Minds), where season two seemed more of a cop show (like CSI). I'd be interested to know if the books are more psychological or procedural.   

Brett Fitzpatrick | Website

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac