Author Topic: S l o w... slo-oh writer  (Read 1368 times)  

Offline Ryan W. Mueller

• Missour, United States
    • View Profile
    • Ryan W. Mueller
Re: S l o w... slo-oh writer
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2017, 11:23:16 PM »
I'm generally a fast writer...when I'm writing. My word counts are not always as consistent as I'd like. I've tried to give myself a daily word count goal of 1,000. It worked for a while, but I just haven't had much of anything for the last couple of weeks. I don't know whether it's the project I'm working, the stress of work and life in general, or even that I've hit a depressive bipolar phase.

One nice thing is that I currently have plenty of material I can revise and edit. Still, I'd like to get back to writing more. For me, it is only partially the money aspect. Another part of it is that I simply want to write all these stories that are in my head (and more keep popping up every day).

Offline NicoleSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2017, 07:19:50 AM »
Type fast, write slow.

Can't write when I'm not feeling it. Someone else mentioned that they find it pointless to just sit and type 10k words' worth of nonsense, and it's the same thing for me; those forced sessions don't provide anything of value. So with a day job, I can probably do one good book a year. Without a day job, I could probably do two good books plus some 'marketable' fluff.

(Yes, there are a few tricks I can use when I'm not 'feeling it', especially music, but if they don't work and I keep trying it just makes it worse. If the correct part of my brain doesn't feel like engaging, I might as well be writing a VCR manual.)

Online Nic

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 08:16:40 AM »
If the correct part of my brain doesn't feel like engaging, I might as well be writing a VCR manual.)

That's one of the best ways of explaining it I've read so far  8)

Offline Rosie A.

• Olympic Peninsula, Washington
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 10:14:36 AM »
I write daily. My quickness or lack thereof comes in seasons. For one season, I write fast. For another season, I write glacial. It all depends on the project and the things happening in my life. When I'm stressed or there's a lot of drama, I create slowly.
Western Brides, 20th Century, Medieval Fantasy Romance
Rose Andrews | Historical Romance | Facebook: Brides of Time

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac