Kindle Forum banner

Getting Correct Audiobook Category on Amazon

361 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  jeremyflagg 
#1 ·
So I have my superhero novel through KDP and Createspace. Their categories are 100% correct. However, I recently had my audio book produced through ACX and made available through Audible. My categories on Audible were originally not correct. A dozen emails back and forth and now they are correctly listed. However, when you go to Amazon, my audiobook is currently listed under:

Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Superheroes
Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
Books > Audible Audiobooks > Fiction & Literature

The audio listing is Fiction & Literature? Uhm. It's pretty classic sci-fi & superheroes. There IS an audio listing for that through Amazon. However, after a dozen phone calls today, nobody is being helpful. I contacted ACX and they directed me to KDP. I talked to folks at, KDP, CreateSpace, and AuthorCentral and all of them told me because Audible is the publisher, it is their job to correct this. However, when I called them again, the person on the phone had me email their international email saying that's where to get it fixed (sounds suspect?) I'm pulling my hair out because my sales have been good and I am willing to bet in the Audio category I'd be in the top 100 at the moment, but in Fiction & Literature I can barely break the 50,000 mark. Who should I contact? Is there specific language I should be using? I'm starting to go crazy with the run around.

Help?

See less See more
#4 ·
Hmm. I just checked my audiobooks and one of them does have Literature and Fiction as a macro-category, but with all the subcats following. In that case I don't know what the problem is. I can only suggest you keep trying KDP until you get someone who will give you the answer you want.

#8 ·
I thought your categories on Amazon are determined by the original KDP release... the "book" version. You can't have different cats for your audiobook, compared to your ebook. Unless I'm misinterpreting the OP question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.