KB Featured Book
A Second Chance
by Marcia Whitaker

$7.99
Kindle Edition published 2017-08-30
Bestseller ranking: 264164

Product Description
What would you do if you got that once in a lifetime second chance to seize everything that was torn away from you and make it right?

Living in the foothills of the scenic Rocky Mountains, highly respected Neurosurgeon, Julian Cahill, appears to have it all. He’s handsome, compassionate, ambitious, and wealthy but one thing is missing…a woman to share his life. For eighteen years he has grieved the loss of his high school sweetheart, Amber Scott, who passed away just prior to the start of their senior year. Ready to give up on love all together, college freshman, Destiny Bradshaw walks into his life, astounding him with her beauty. A girl half his age, she intrigues him. His attraction to her is powerful, but he’s unable to make sense of it. Despite the age difference, Destiny is also drawn to him, but her overly-protective parents have their concerns and give her an ultimatum. Upon uncovering some life-altering details in conne...

Author Topic: Amazon repricing paperback?  (Read 374 times)  

Offline EmparentingMom

• View Profile
Amazon repricing paperback?
« on: August 17, 2017, 12:33:29 AM »
Hi! I have a paperback that is priced at $10.99, but Amazon seems to have adjusted it to $10.44. Anyone know why this happens?

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
    • Lynda Belle's Blog/Website
Re: Amazon repricing paperback?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 12:39:17 AM »
Could be price matching going on.
The Queens of Andromeda 65%

Love In One Act: Steampunk Erotic Tale #1 67%

Lynda Belle | Website | Amazon Author Page

Offline EmparentingMom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 01:43:35 AM »
I don't think so - it isnt available anywhere else

Offline Sleeping Cat Books

• Helping you reach your publishing goals since 2006
    • View Profile
    • Sleeping Cat Books
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 01:44:38 AM »
Amazon can (and does) sell products for whatever price they choose (just as any other retailer can). They often discount the prices of books from the retail list price. You'll still earn the royalty amount for any sales as indicated in your Dashboard. The difference comes out of Amazon's share of the revenue.
Providing editing and book design services to independent authors
Sarah Holroyd | Sleeping Cat Books | Sleeping Cat Press | discussion

Offline EmparentingMom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 02:16:07 AM »
got it. thanks!

Offline skywalker

• View Profile
    • Brain Science for a Better Life
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 02:46:04 AM »
Amazon can (and does) sell products for whatever price they choose (just as any other retailer can). They often discount the prices of books from the retail list price. You'll still earn the royalty amount for any sales as indicated in your Dashboard. The difference comes out of Amazon's share of the revenue.
Right, amzn seems to discount my new releases while raising the price of other books

Offline Doglover

• Huntingdon, United Kingdom
  • If you want real love, buy a dog.
    • View Profile
    • Margaret Brazear Author
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 05:54:21 AM »
Hi! I have a paperback that is priced at $10.99, but Amazon seems to have adjusted it to $10.44. Anyone know why this happens?
If you are not in the US, looking at a book on the US site, you will often see a different price. Sometimes it's because you have your own country's site, sometimes because of the exchange rate. That's the only thing I can think of.

The past is another country; they do things differently there
Margaret Brazear | Website | Blog | Facebook | Readers Group | Comic Covers

Offline aimeeeasterling

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 01:47:38 PM »
My experience has been that if a paperback sells well out of the gate, Amazon will discount it (sometimes significantly). This is great for you as the author because you still receive the same amount of royalties and a cheaper book is easier to push to readers. One of my non-fiction paperbacks was discounted to $3.59, only ten cents more than the ebook, and that's been a recipe for AMS ads that really rake in the cash.