Author Topic: Can MailChimp subscribers move themselves from one group to another?  (Read 165 times)  

Online Joseph John

• Vicenza, Italy
  • Army officer & analyst by day, novelist by night.
    • View Profile
    • Joseph John Fiction
I want everyone on my MailChimp newsletter to default to a "Monthly Newsletter" group. But I want them to have the option to switch to something like "New Release Announcements Only" if they get tired of hearing from me once a month.

Is it possible to embed a form in a campaign that lets them switch from one group to the other? Been looking for an answer all day and can't find one.

Army officer and analyst by day, novelist by night.
Joseph John | Website | Amazon | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | LinkedIn

Online Lydniz

• UK
    • View Profile
    • Credentials
Re: Can MailChimp subscribers move themselves from one group to another?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 12:07:42 PM »
What about duplicating the list into a "monthly" group, then sending out a couple of emails to that list (a few days apart for the people who missed the first one), explaining what you've done and inviting people to unsubscribe if they don't want a monthly mailout?

Offline Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
  • Destroyer of Science Fiction
    • View Profile
    • Patty Jansen Author of SF and fantasy
Re: Can MailChimp subscribers move themselves from one group to another?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 03:58:09 PM »
Yes, but you have to set up automation. This is actually easier to set up in Mailerlite, when you can move a subscriber when they click something from anywhere in your groups to any other group. In Mailchimp you have to actually send them something first.

So:

1. Set up an automation based on that they click a specific link in a specific email.
2. The automation sends them a confirmation email, like "Thank you. You will now only receive my newsletter"
3. After they've been sent that email, automatically put the subscriber in a different group

As I said, It's easier to set up (and find how to do it!) in Mailerlite, but this is the general principle of it.