Author Topic: RockingAuthorWebsites.com - Modern Wordpress Author Websites Starting at $275!  (Read 2000 times)  

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
Hello!

Are you looking for an author website design that is affordable, modern, mobile responsive and visually editable? Done by someone who's been working with authors for a long time? If so, I can help. I can make you a website that will help you build your brand and build up your email list while making sure you don't look like an amateur author.

Why get a website? Because it houses your no.1 book marketing technique - Email List!

Email list importance has only grown. There were times when just putting up books on Amazon meant lots of sales and discovery. It grew the first crop of indies and started the craze. Now those days are long gone. It's harder and harder to stand out with so many people self-publishing. Which means email list importance is just increasing (and we all know how powerful is BookBub, which is just an email list too)! So why not build your own mini-BookBub? How much would having a nicely-sized email list would be worth to you?

That's where good author websites come in. They must have email list sign up forms, be fast (to rank high in Google as Big G now punishes slow websites) and be mobile responsive. Luckily, these days it's easy to get a website and maintain it. Wordpress enables indie authors have professional, modern and beautiful websites at the fraction of prices paid for Traditionally published author sites (which are in the thousands).

Pros and Cons of Author Websites:

Pros:

Makes author look professional and serious about the career
Helps to protect Copyrights (name, pen name etc) - if you own your domain name it can help in legal disputes etc
Builds up Author Platform (name recognition and sales come from that)
Allows to 'build/expand the world' - you can expand and create 'world' from books by having exclusive content which readers would love to read
Helps Readers discover your new books - whether through Google where they can find your website or by sending them to website from your Book
Fun - if you love writing and have lots of ideas for content and expression, your website is your home and place to share it

Cons:

It takes some effort to learn to use it (but it isn't about learning to code.. more like learning new software to use)
It takes some money (not thousands of dollars as big Publishers or businesses spend tho)
It takes time to write content (but on a good note, you write content once and it will stay on website forever and be read by multiple people over and over)
It takes some time to manage the website (mostly few hours a month to see if plugins need an update or content is too old etc)

What I'm Offering for KBoards members

$275 Custom Wordpress Website (3 Spots available for fellow KBoarders (as of  June 13th)
For comparison, just buying Divi theme on your own would cost $89 a year or $250 one-time payment. Other themes often cost $50-60 + support fees after first year. No such thing when buying from me. Not to mention graphic design work done on the site!

How It Works:

1. We will have a conversation through emails about what you want and need for your website and come up with a plan
2. You will need to have Hosting and/or Domain ready (I can recommend some if you don't have it yet, I don't recommend GoDaddy at all)
3. As we start working, you will need to start writing/collecting content for the website (About page, general introduction on homepage, some exclusive content for Books page etc, I can help with ideas but I don't write that)
4. I'll take the Divi framework (one of the best Wordpress frameworks/themes currently) and customize it from scratch to match the vision (custom header, banners, layouts etc)
5. We'll do one concept of design for Homepage and if you approve will match other pages to that (if first concept doesn't work, I can do 2 more)
6. We'll do up to 10 pages for your website (if you got 10 books, I won't count them all as 10 pages used, only half of them)
7. I'll install plugins like Security scanning, Google Analytics, Contact Forms, Gallery (if needed)
8. I'll set up email newsletter sign up form (I'd recommend MailerLite for this)
9. We can brainstorm what to do with website in future and how to promote it
10. We can work on basic SEO optimization for your genre keywords

This offer is perfect for someone who needs a simple, mobile responsive, visually editable website that isn't hard to update and who doesn't need it to do very clever stuff like Ecommerce, Forums etc. Perfect for your first website for those who don't want to waste DIY'ing it.

Some of my current portfolio websites have been redesigned so I need to refresh it. Thus, I'm offering these very low-price websites for KBoards members.

Websites that I've done that are:

http://daughterofhavenglade.com/
https://crusader-joelgalloway.com/
www.actionadventurebooks.net
www.opalmellon.com
www.edwardemerson.com
www.ascenderssaga.com

More samples of previous designs are available at www.RockingAuthorWebsites.com  (as you'll see prices are different and higher for non-Kboarders).

If you're interested, contact me here on PMs or through the website.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:46:01 PM by RBC »

Offline SidK

• View Profile
Re: RockingAuthorWebsites.com - Author Website Designs at $125!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 04:40:07 PM »
How many pages can we expect to get for that price?

By that I mean web sections, 'Books', 'About the Author', 'Excerpts' etc.

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 08:02:15 AM »
How many pages can we expect to get for that price?

By that I mean web sections, 'Books', 'About the Author', 'Excerpts' etc.

Howdy!

Good question, forgot to add this earlier. I'll do up to 10 pages for this (and if author has 10 books, I won't count them all as 10 pages, only half of them).

Content needs to be provided by author for me to add it.

Offline SidK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 01:48:13 PM »
Thanks for the clarification. Will definitely consider your web design services in the near future.

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 02:52:07 PM »
Thanks for the clarification. Will definitely consider your web design services in the near future.

No problems! Feel free to ask any question, any time. ;)

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 02:17:54 PM »
Adding another website that I've done for an indie author. A perfect example of a good first website for those who only have one or few books yet.

It's at www.edwardemerson.com

It was customised to match the book cover and continue the theme. We integrated email newsletter subscription form and blog too. Nothing more needed for an author website as long as it would be updated with new books and new content. Author hasn't updated it but that's out of my hands.

If you need a similar website, hit me up here, PMs or email me through the website.

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 04:32:47 PM »
Bumpy bump!

If you need a website, I'm open for commisions at the start of October now!

Offline Anna_

• The Prairies, Canada
    • View Profile
    • Anna Albo
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 05:46:01 PM »
This may be a stupid question, but do you revamp existing website or do you prefer to start all over?
Beta reading and proofreading services available. Check out my website for more information.
http://www.annaalbo.com/editorial-services/

You can also visit my Yellow Pages ad.
http://www.kboards.com/yp/index.php/?p_search=albo&action=search&p_page=

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 08:39:31 PM »
This may be a stupid question, but do you revamp existing website or do you prefer to start all over?

As long as it's a self-hosted Wordpress and not wordpress.com account, I do either. If someone needs redesign, we will talk future ideas/strategy for the site, look through content, see what can be changed in site structure, what should be added or taken away and then redesign along with adding plug ins if needed etc. ;)

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
Bumpy bump!

I'll raise the prices for these sites soon. 2 more people will be served at this $125 price. I can't keep designs that cheap for much longer. So if you need a website soon, PM or post here and reserve your spot at this super-low price!

Best,
RBC

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
Last spot left for $125 author website design!

Starting new website over the weekend and finishing up the current one. You can book a place for the end of November/December.

If you need a website, reserve this one at this lowest price. Next batch of designs will come at higher cost. Buying Divi theme alone will cost $89/year or $250 one-time payment - so this is a great deal!

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
Last spot for $125 website was taken! From now on new price for next 3 Kboarders will be $199. 

We're also finalizing a website for fellow KBoarder - www.actionadventurebooks.net - proud to see it live!!!

If you'd like an author website that is modern and visually editable (no coding knowledge) then you can book a spot with me! I'm booking for end of December/early January now!

P.S. I got an email from one author, I think from Kboards, but couldn't reply because email left in the contact form was wrong. So I'm sorry for not being able to reply to questions!

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 05:18:20 PM by RBC »

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
Bumpy bump!

Looks like there are 2 spots left for $199 websites now.

Booking for January as I'm booked for next few weeks and not sure if I'll work during Christmas/New Year's week.

If you need an author website to kick off 2018 this is a great time to book a spot!

Have a great week!

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
1 website at $199 left.

I've finished up https://crusader-joelgalloway.com/ (a book cover matching one-page website, perfect for those who don't want to work much on website and just have it there to be a virtual business card for a book) and few others are almost done too so now booking websites for Mid-April. 1 Author can get a website for the lower price and then 3 next will be at $275. 

Check out my website services at www.RockingAuthorWebsites.com and book yours'!
Adrijus

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
Proud to add another website to the portfolio! It's at http://daughterofhavenglade.com/ and was a cool, very visual project to work on for a fellow Kboarder.

Check it out and if you need an author website, hit me up in PMs here or through the website.

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
Last $199 author website is gone.

I'm now booking website designs for end of July/start of August. Price for Kboard members is $275. Terms are below

How It Works:

1. We will have a conversation through emails about what you want and need for your website and come up with a plan
2. You will need to have Hosting and/or Domain ready (I recommend www.FastComet.com, I don't recommend GoDaddy for hosting)
3. As we start working, you will need to start writing/collecting content for the website (About page, general introduction on homepage, some exclusive content for Books page etc, I can help with ideas but I don't write that)
4. I'll take the Divi framework (one of the best Wordpress frameworks/themes currently) and customize it from scratch to match the vision (custom header, banners, layouts etc).
5. We'll do one concept of design for Homepage and if you approve will match other pages to that (if first concept doesn't work, I can do 2 more)
6. We'll do up to 10 pages for your website (if you got 10 books, I won't count them all as 10 pages used, only half of them)
7. I'll install plugins like Security scanning, Google Analytics, Contact Forms, Gallery (if needed)
8. I'll set up email newsletter sign up form (I'd recommend MailerLite for this)
9. We can brainstorm what to do with website in future and how to promote it
10. We can work on basic SEO optimization for your genre keywords

If you're interested, contact me here on in PMs.