Author Topic: KENP  (Read 483 times)  

Offline MarciaW

• Utah
    • View Profile
    • Marcia Whitaker/Romance Author
KENP
« on: September 13, 2017, 06:40:50 AM »
Kindle Edition Normalized Pages...Could someone please explain to me what the numbers mean on the bar graph on my reports page. I read Amazon's explanation, but I'm still confused. Anyone?
M Whitaker

Offline DanaFraser

• View Profile
Re: KENP
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 10:28:51 AM »
If you are on the Sales Dashboard tab and have (or have had) books in Kindle Unlimited, then page reads for the last 30 days display in that section. Unless you pick a specific market, it shows it for all Amazon stores. The rate of compensation for each page read varies and is not set until the 15th of the following month.

If you have never had a book in KU, you shouldn't see any data in those graphs (as best as I know).

Let's say it is September 6th, so you have five full days of page reads from the month. Hovering over the bars for Sept 1 - 5 will give you the exact number of pages Amazon claims were read that day. Let's also pretend they are all US marketplace reads.

Day 1 - 4500
Day 2 - 2700
Day 3 - 3600
Day 4 - 6000
Day 5 - 7200

So you have a total so far of 24000 page reads for the month. Based on the value of page reads last reported (just to forecast, again you won't know until the 15th of the month following the month in which the pages were read), you have earned 24000 * .0042 = $100.80

The 100.80 does not show up in your MTD sales totals at the bottom of the page because they are borrows not sales and their compensation rate has not yet been determined. So, to forecast, you add the 100.80 to your MTD sales totals.

Offline MarciaW

• Utah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 12:55:02 PM »
Thank you, Dana,

So, yesterday the bar graph shows 405. Do I assume someone read 405 pages of my book? If so, thank you for the explanation. I think I get it.
M Whitaker

Offline Craig Andrews

• Portland, OR
    • View Profile
    • Craig Andrews Website
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 12:57:09 PM »
Either someone read 405 KENP pages of your book (not to be confused with the page count on your product page), or a number of people read a number of pages that added up to 405.

Offline Tilly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 12:57:26 PM »
So, yesterday the bar graph shows 405. Do I assume someone read 405 pages of my book?

You have no way of knowing, as Amazon doesn't disclose how many people have borrowed the book. It could be one person read 405 pages, 405 people each read 1 page or any variant in between.

Offline MarciaW

• Utah
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 01:01:31 PM »
Okay, thank you so much. Now I've got it. Thanks all. I'm new to all this. Bear with me.

But, one more thing...Are the pages people read in the "Look Inside" counted in this?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:03:08 PM by MarciaW »
M Whitaker

Offline Craig Andrews

• Portland, OR
    • View Profile
    • Craig Andrews Website
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 01:06:23 PM »
Okay, thank you so much. Now I've got it. Thanks all. I'm new to all this. Bear with me.

But, one more thing...Are the pages people read in the "Look Inside" counted in this?

No. Only pages read by someone after downloading the book via Kindle Unlimited are going to count toward your pages read.

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac