Need a new Case? Save $30 with code SPARKLE30 + Free Shipping at Case-Mate.com! Offer ends 12/15.

Author Topic: 3000 Words a Day Club  (Read 13086 times)  

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
Re: 3000 Words a Day Club
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2017, 10:22:47 PM »
Not a single word  :(  I actually deleted about 12!
Fate\'s Fallen: 100%

Legends of Elera - Covenant: 54%

Evolution\'s Child: 100%
Dean Rencraft | Website

Offline jaehaerys

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2017, 10:35:36 PM »

Ah, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. It happens. I've had a few word count struggles the past couple of days too. It's okay, remember not to be too hard on yourself and just try to get back on that horse when inspiration strikes. You're doing great!  8)

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2017, 10:37:28 PM »

Ah, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. It happens. I've had a few word count struggles the past couple of days too. It's okay, remember not to be too hard on yourself and just try to get back on that horse when inspiration strikes. You're doing great!  8)

I know I will catch up eventually .. I think my brain just needs a break, I have been going non stop for a while now. If you think about it, we are way ahead of the game (if such things counted) either way for making the count as often as we do.

Dean Rencraft | Website

Offline W.R. Gingell

• Tasmania, Australia
  • I like tea
    • View Profile
    • The WR(ite) Blog
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2017, 01:38:22 AM »

Not to worry, you'll catch up next week  :-*

As will I, hopefully; the allergic reaction is still bad, though fading, and I only got 1k today. Basically, it's like I was hit with a very severe 2 day flu.
Still, that 1k makes up 10k for the week, and my normal lately has been 5k per week, so I'm still happy  8)

And next week, we try again! ;)

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2017, 02:04:13 AM »

As will I, hopefully; the allergic reaction is still bad, though fading, and I only got 1k today. Basically, it's like I was hit with a very severe 2 day flu.
Still, that 1k makes up 10k for the week, and my normal lately has been 5k per week, so I'm still happy  8)

Just take it easy and get some rest  :(  rather have you well and a day or two behind then weeks behind because you pushed it!! (Actually I would just rather have you well lol)

Dean Rencraft | Website

Offline jaehaerys

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2017, 09:11:25 AM »

Sorry to hear about that. And yet you were still able to churn out some words. That's impressive, and the kick in the butt I need. Have a good, restful weekend. :)

Offline JaclynDolamore

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2017, 01:20:22 PM »
Only 2679 words today, but I got 15,004 for the week - so that's an AVERAGE of 3k a day. That counts, right?? Besides, it's a lot better than getting 12k in 6 days a week like I was doing before I joined this thread. WIN!!

That's awesome! Averages are more important than any given day, for sure. Some days everything clicks and some days, not so much...

I'm feeling a little tired from the pace. I wrote 1500 words this morning and I know I can do the other 1500. I know I can! My brain is like, ugh, however. But when I consider I used to think 1k a day was a good pace, the fact that I'm averaging about 2700 words a day is pretty good.

Jaclyn Dolamore | Blog | Facebook | Twitter

Offline UghSoUncool

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2017, 01:25:46 PM »
Hey, all! I've been posting my word count in the 1000 words a day thread. However, I actually have a personal goal to write at least 3000 words per day and today I reached 3104. I imagine if/WHEN I fall short of my word count goal, I'll be silent around these parts  :D
Beep Beep, My Dudes.

Online Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
  • Run like you have to get to the library
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2017, 06:47:14 PM »

Some days are like that. :( Monday is a whole new week!

Hey, all! I've been posting my word count in the 1000 words a day thread. However, I actually have a personal goal to write at least 3000 words per day and today I reached 3104. I imagine if/WHEN I fall short of my word count goal, I'll be silent around these parts  :D

Congrats & welcome!

That's awesome! Averages are more important than any given day, for sure. Some days everything clicks and some days, not so much...

Isn't that the truth? Sometimes it's easy, others it's like pulling teeth... out of a rhino.

USA Today bestselling author of The Gone Trilogy & Dean's List: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Free Books

Offline AmandaLutterman

• Kentucky
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2017, 07:03:22 PM »
I've been killing it lately! I'm not sure on the word count, because I bounce between stories, but on the one  I've been working on today that I know where I started, I'm up over 4k words just today!
I always do this, I'll write like mad when my inspiration hits me and then it slowly fizzles out and I struggle to write anything for a few weeks. I've learned to embrace my muse when it hits and work it until I can't even see straight anymore :o

Paranormal Romance
Amanda Lutterman | BLOG | FACEBOOK | GOODREADS | IG | TWITTER

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #135 on: October 07, 2017, 08:59:56 PM »
3016!! I got my groove back(along with my 12 words!)!  :P  .. well mostly, I did get the thing that was blocking me out of the way and got to de-stress some with the new promo. It's actually turning out very well so far.. but I am still behind!!!

Gratz on the numbers guys~!!! Keep it going!

Dean Rencraft | Website

Offline UghSoUncool

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2017, 07:53:27 PM »
3161. Phew.
Beep Beep, My Dudes.

Offline W.R. Gingell

• Tasmania, Australia
  • I like tea
    • View Profile
    • The WR(ite) Blog
« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2017, 01:42:34 AM »

Just take it easy and get some rest  :(  rather have you well and a day or two behind then weeks behind because you pushed it!! (Actually I would just rather have you well lol)

Thanks! :) I'm better now, and my 3k is 400 words away from being done for the day!

Sorry to hear about that. And yet you were still able to churn out some words. That's impressive, and the kick in the butt I need. Have a good, restful weekend. :)

Ah, I lived to tell about it at least :D Thanks :) It wasn't the dangerous kind, just the uncomfortable and painful kind  ???

I'm feeling a little tired from the pace. I wrote 1500 words this morning and I know I can do the other 1500. I know I can! My brain is like, ugh, however. But when I consider I used to think 1k a day was a good pace, the fact that I'm averaging about 2700 words a day is pretty good.

Well done you! The pace does that at first, but it honestly gets easier. Just rest when you need to--2700 is pretty DARN good!

Go you! (just quietly, though, I've fallen short quite a few times in the last week or two, and that hasn't shut me up, so no need to be quiet on my account if you don't make the 3k :P)

I've been killing it lately! I'm not sure on the word count, because I bounce between stories, but on the one  I've been working on today that I know where I started, I'm up over 4k words just today!
I always do this, I'll write like mad when my inspiration hits me and then it slowly fizzles out and I struggle to write anything for a few weeks. I've learned to embrace my muse when it hits and work it until I can't even see straight anymore :o

:o Good heavens! And yeah, me too on the fizzling out sometimes... ???

3016!! I got my groove back(along with my 12 words!)!  :P  .. well mostly, I did get the thing that was blocking me out of the way and got to de-stress some with the new promo. It's actually turning out very well so far.. but I am still behind!!!

Gratz on the numbers guys~!!! Keep it going!

Aw yeah! 8) And still 4 words in front after the replaced 12 words! ;D

3161. Phew.

Winning! 8)

Offline Scarlettletters

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2017, 04:29:35 AM »
My goals are generally chapter goals.  My chapters are about 2000 to 2500 words, and my goal is to write a minimum of 2, or edit a minimum of 3, per day.

So, today's goal is to edit 3 chapters.

All you peeps who are editing, what is your editing goal?

Offline Laran Mithras

• Butte MT
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2017, 04:32:47 AM »
Is there a bigger words per day club? I haven't seen a thread... I'm embarrassed to admit what I wrote because I don't want to discourage people making their milestones.  ???

Offline A.L. Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2017, 08:05:41 AM »
Is there a bigger words per day club? I haven't seen a thread... I'm embarrassed to admit what I wrote because I don't want to discourage people making their milestones.  ???

Oh come on. Dazzle us you show off ;)

Online JoyMosby

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2017, 08:17:45 AM »
This weekend went way better than last weekend. 4541 Saturday and 4137 Sunday. My goal was 5k per day but I will take it! I even got my chores done around the house.
Second week in a row I have hit my weekly goal of 21k! 
Now lets see if I can get this book done by Friday . . .
Good luck everyone!  Find your Zen and tap away at the keyboard!

Joy Mosby | JoyMosby.com

Offline K.Peters

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2017, 08:34:11 AM »
I'm in!

I need some someone or something to help me to stick to my goal. So, here it is... 5K a day is the goal. 3K is the minimum.

So far today I'm at 1051 and that's just me screwing around at work during spare moments.

Words on "paper" is the goal. Albeit, rough but I try to tell myself that I'm just filling a sandbox so I can build castles.

I'll be doing editing at night, as well. I find that to be very rewarding when I'm feeling stuck. Well, editing and alcohol help. Write drunk, edit sober (not really but it sound romantic)

Thanks for starting this thread

Online Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2017, 11:43:43 AM »
3,047 written this morning. Hoping to get in some more on another story later today, but given that it's my anniversary, it might not happen.

USA Today bestselling author of The Gone Trilogy & Dean's List: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Free Books

Online JoyMosby

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2017, 12:03:07 PM »
3,047 written this morning. Hoping to get in some more on another story later today, but given that it's my anniversary, it might not happen.

Congratulations on your anniversary!  Remember work/life balance is important  ;D

Joy Mosby | JoyMosby.com

Offline A.L. Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2017, 01:19:27 PM »
3042. On a day I thought was going to end up being a 0. Erotica is fun to write though :D

Online Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2017, 04:58:45 PM »
Congratulations on your anniversary!  Remember work/life balance is important  ;D

Thanks! I got the extra words in & still have time to celebrate.

4,062 words today!

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2017, 05:03:02 PM »
Congrats Stacy! Congrats everyone.. !!

I just made 3001 for today but I am still behind from yesterday (where I made maybe 500 on one book and 1k on another that has been bugging me) so I am going to try and keep going tonight and see what I can pull out..

Dean Rencraft | Website

Offline UghSoUncool

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2017, 05:14:07 PM »
3163 for the day! Will probably spend the rest of the night thinking about my plot/editing a little bit.
Oh come on. Dazzle us you show off ;)

I second the motion for immediate dazzling! :D Personally, 3K/day is about as much as I can write before my head starts to spin off and fly around the room, so I won't be discouraged at all (just very, very impressed).
Beep Beep, My Dudes.

Offline Laran Mithras

• Butte MT
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2017, 05:31:38 PM »
3163 for the day! Will probably spend the rest of the night thinking about my plot/editing a little bit.
I second the motion for immediate dazzling! :D Personally, 3K/day is about as much as I can write before my head starts to spin off and fly around the room, so I won't be discouraged at all (just very, very impressed).

:( mumblecough8125hack

I really don't want to discourage people because I've been there.

5400+ today with 3 book covers. Thought I'd take a break and leave it until tomorrow and just drink Vodka until I pass out. I guess I won't pass out, but my goal is higher than where I'm at. Wasn't Rosalind at 10K per day? I want to write that.