Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.

Author Topic: 3000 Words a Day Club  (Read 13179 times)  

Online Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
  • Run like you have to get to the library
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
Re: 3000 Words a Day Club
« Reply #450 on: December 06, 2017, 02:37:20 PM »
That's a lot of discipline! If I have something bouncing around that much in my head, I write it then or it becomes a unicorn that never gets written :D

It was hard not to write it! But I wanted to finish one of my series before starting this (and that series-ender is with beta readers now!) I kept myself occupied by casting characters and doing a ton of world building.

USA Today bestselling author of The Gone Trilogy & Dean's List: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Free Books

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #451 on: December 06, 2017, 03:11:00 PM »
3198 yesterday and just starting today's.. Great work everyone I see some really awesome numbers here!
Fate\'s Fallen: 100%

Legends of Elera - Covenant: 54%

Evolution\'s Child: 100%
Dean Rencraft | Website

Offline IoneKeeling

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 06, 2017, 08:37:15 PM »
No words today. Had a bit of an office disaster (weather related) that needed addressed (and required a lot of re-arranging of my stuff). Then my husband's side business needed me to get some stuff ready to mail and I added on some personal mailing tasks for gifts I still need to mail out. I really should have done two sessions in the morning before stuff had a chance to get in my way. I know that, really I do. Eat your frog first thing, yeah?

Offline IoneKeeling

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 06, 2017, 08:39:15 PM »
It was hard not to write it! But I wanted to finish one of my series before starting this (and that series-ender is with beta readers now!) I kept myself occupied by casting characters and doing a ton of world building.

I have a couple of off-genre stories I want to do but don't want to risk income drop while I do them. I should take inspiration from your patience and also persistence in pursuing the project in bits on the side. With the world and character building having a good chunk done, you will hopefully be able to draft faster. Good luck!

Offline JoyMosby

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 07, 2017, 08:17:10 AM »
No words today. Had a bit of an office disaster (weather related) that needed addressed (and required a lot of re-arranging of my stuff). Then my husband's side business needed me to get some stuff ready to mail and I added on some personal mailing tasks for gifts I still need to mail out. I really should have done two sessions in the morning before stuff had a chance to get in my way. I know that, really I do. Eat your frog first thing, yeah?
I have been there! Then I end up feeling guilty for slacking off in the morning.

Stacy- Congratulations on finishing your WIP and enjoy starting of your new story.

4022 yesterday, with more plotting. Revised 27 pages, of different book. On track to meet my weekly goals. . .

Joy Mosby | JoyMosby.com

Online Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
« Reply #455 on: December 07, 2017, 06:30:36 PM »
3315 words for today.

USA Today bestselling author of The Gone Trilogy & Dean's List: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Free Books

Offline JoyMosby

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 08, 2017, 08:10:59 AM »
2369 yesterday  :'(, not my best work but it was a busy day. 30 pages edited. I'm going to have to spend a lot time this weekend writing and editing if I want to make my 21K goal and finish the edits on my other book.

Today is starting better, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Joy Mosby | JoyMosby.com

Online Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
« Reply #457 on: December 08, 2017, 08:32:07 AM »
3038 for this morning. I really want to write more, but I NEED to dig into my beta feedback.

Offline Flee

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 08, 2017, 11:30:31 AM »
May I brag here?

My writing seems to go in dribs and drabs.  I got all hyped up on coffee Monday night.  ~7500 words between midnight and 0400.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that half of those won't make the edit process.  Still, I surprised myself.

No way that that volume is sustainable though.  Back to dribs.

Flee

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #459 on: December 08, 2017, 02:56:05 PM »
2107 here .. I don't think im going to the big numbers again until the holidays go away lol...

Dean Rencraft | Website

Offline IoneKeeling

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 08, 2017, 04:28:39 PM »
Flee - welcome the marathon days when they come, but dribs all add up :D

Definitely some fall down days for me 2k yesterday and today, don't think I'll get more before I go to bed, but still hope so. I may just edit although I know where I want the story to go and don't think anything in it so far is holding me back. Could be my expectation was for a bit of a quick novella and my plot will push it into novel length and so instead of just going with it and putting the extra days in, I'm first going to waste days from pure obstinacy.

Offline Flee

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 08, 2017, 07:42:02 PM »
Flee - welcome the marathon days when they come, but dribs all add up :D

Thanks.  My dribs for today are beginning to add up.  **checks the writing** ~1400, so  a little more than normal.  Getting tired tho, so prolly not much more tonight.

Flee

Online Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
« Reply #462 on: December 10, 2017, 06:42:55 AM »
Welcome, Flee!

2121 for this morning. Not bad for a bonus day! I'm pretty sure this is going to be my best/favorite book yet. I love writing in first person, present tense. And I'm writing about some topics I've been afraid to touch before. With this being so different, my readers are either going to love it or hate it.

Offline IoneKeeling

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 10, 2017, 07:52:32 AM »
Stacy - definitely a good day :) I know what you mean about love/hate reader response. When I love a book I'm writing, it makes me nervous because among my core readers, the number of "hated this" seems to go up.

My husband announced yesterday that he was making the changes to my closet I'd been asking about - which meant me emptying it out, assisting then putting everything back in a new way.

Glorious closet but no words. Must try to overcompensate today :D

Offline IoneKeeling

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 10, 2017, 07:51:29 PM »
Not done writing today, but I'm done with my timed sessions. Did six of them at 30m each and have 3333 words. Not sure I've ever seen it work out like that. Other palindromes, yes, but not all the numbers the same.

Hoping everyone has as productive a week ahead as they need :D

[ETA - OK, I fibbed. Did 2 more at 30m each and finished the day at 4852. Stopped mid-scene so should be able to pick up pretty easily tomorrow.]
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 10:21:20 PM by IoneKeeling »

Online Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
« Reply #465 on: December 11, 2017, 08:33:37 AM »
3159 for this morning. I've been pantsing this thing so far (almost 16k) but I think it's time to start some outlining. My words aren't spilling as fast as usual - a clear sign that I need some more prep work!

Ione, have fun with the closet, and I hope you manage to get some words in!

Offline JoyMosby

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 11, 2017, 08:46:59 AM »
I did not work on my current WIP all weekend, instead I finished hard copy editing and started a re-write on a new series I'm going to submit to Kindle Scout. The re-write is going well, but it is going to take me a while to get it done. On top of that I just received the copy edit on Hunted by Vampires.

So much to do, so little time. I don't how much I will get written this week on my WIP, but I am going to aim for 1000-1500 per day. Then I can work on my other projects as well.

It looks like everyone got a lot done over the weekend, nicely done! Good luck this week.

Joy Mosby | JoyMosby.com

Offline floridagirl

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 11, 2017, 09:06:28 AM »

I realize this thread was started back in September, but I'd love to join the group. I sustained a 3,000-words-per-day pace this year during Nanowrimo (at least, for most of it)! I can do this. Count me in. 

Offline Dean Kutzler

• Philadelphia
  • I learn. I twist. I write. I repeat.
    • View Profile
    • Philadelphia's Thriller Author Dean Kutzler
« Reply #468 on: December 11, 2017, 12:49:36 PM »
Okay, I'm IN!  8) Today was a sucky day: 1390. But, I like the idea of pushing limits. I also agree that if you don't set the bar high enough, you'll stop reaching. That being said, "Here's I's is!"  :o

QUESTION:
       Who Pantst it?
            And
       Who Plots it?
            Or
       Who Combos it?
            Also,
       What are your
       highest word counts?

Mine would be: Plot:5000

There is a reason I'm asking and once everyone answers, I'll be able to tell you. ;)
Space Opera Trilogy: 7%

Valentine\'s Day Surprise, A Roman Mystery: 80%

Jack Elliot Series Book 3: 0%
I learn. I twist. I write. I repeat. I learn. I twist. I write. I repeat. I learn. I twist...
Dean Kutzler | Website | Blog | Reader\'s Group | Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | Goodreads

Offline IoneKeeling

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 11, 2017, 03:40:44 PM »
PANTS/plots Combo: 16000 (handwritten on day two of the 2003 "Northeast Blackout")

I'm just starting for the day. Bit under the weather. Going to hide in my cave and try to pull out 3k.

Offline IoneKeeling

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 11, 2017, 09:05:05 PM »
3351 for the day. 2.5 hours approximately. Happy with that number. Getting close to the ending. Less than 10k to go I think.

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #471 on: December 11, 2017, 09:23:25 PM »
Sry hospital again .. 4,997 plus about 300 more in elera ...

Dean Rencraft | Website

Online Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
« Reply #472 on: December 12, 2017, 08:15:05 AM »
3244 3603 for today. Got my one WIP off to the editor last night. Yay!

I both pants and plot. My highest word count is 7353 back in April 2015 when I wrote 150k that month. (NEVER again!! I burned myself out, exited to see what I could do as a full-time author. Now I know I can do it.)

Sry hospital again .. 4,997 plus about 300 more in elera ...

I hope you're okay!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 10:39:37 AM by Stacy Claflin »

Offline Herefortheride

• Chengdu
  • Loving every minute
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 12, 2017, 11:31:19 AM »
Around 5K today!

I've only been over 3.5K a couple of times. ;D
Blood Cauldron (DoH book 3) BETA reading now: 99%

Havenglade Mysteries (Book 1): 4%
H.C. Harrington

Offline JoyMosby

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 12, 2017, 01:16:01 PM »
Okay, I'm IN!  8) Today was a sucky day: 1390. But, I like the idea of pushing limits. I also agree that if you don't set the bar high enough, you'll stop reaching. That being said, "Here's I's is!"  :o

QUESTION:
       Who Pantst it?
            And
       Who Plots it?
            Or
       Who Combos it?
            Also,
       What are your
       highest word counts?

Mine would be: Plot:5000

There is a reason I'm asking and once everyone answers, I'll be able to tell you. ;)

1. More Pants than plot- I have found lately if I plot a chapter ahead good things happen. On the other side if I plot the whole story horrible things happen.

2. Highest word count was 10K I think, earlier this year . . . I can't find my notes on it.

Yesterday
Written: 1102

Reviewed: 11,863K

Edited/ made changes 20K

Hard working on three projects a day, but I will persevere!

So far today:
Edited /made changes 2k
It's going to be a long night. ;)

Pandorra, Get well soon, hope you are okay!

Joy Mosby | JoyMosby.com