Author Topic: 3000 Words a Day Club  (Read 5789 times)  

Offline Lynna

• Human.
    • View Profile
Re: 3000 Words a Day Club
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2017, 12:20:03 PM »
I'm tempted. I seriously need to up my daily word count, but I'm not sure I can make 3k every day. At least not with my current WC. This whole year has been awful. I need something to get me motivated. Maybe I should join the other thread, since my realistic goal is 2.5-3k.

Thinking...

I'm in a similar situation. This has been my worst production year ever. I just don't even know what's with me these days.

Offline JaclynDolamore

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2017, 01:07:23 PM »
I'll bite for the next two weeks at least, because I said I was going to do a Halloween book for my pen name and then September was terrible for me, and um...better finish this damn thing before Halloween actually happens. And I have a vacation in the middle of the month. So I want to bang out a first draft, 45k by October 14th. Gulp.

Jaclyn Dolamore | Blog | Facebook | Twitter

Offline WyandVoidbringer

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2017, 01:11:05 PM »
Can I trade dirty diapers for 1k words a pop?

Sandell Wall | Sandell's Website

Online W.R. Gingell

• Tasmania, Australia
  • I like tea
    • View Profile
    • The WR(ite) Blog
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2017, 04:47:29 PM »
I'm tempted. I seriously need to up my daily word count, but I'm not sure I can make 3k every day. At least not with my current WC. This whole year has been awful. I need something to get me motivated. Maybe I should join the other thread, since my realistic goal is 2.5-3k.

Thinking...

No, do it! I'm here, and I've only made the 3k word count twice so far, I think. Try and fail, or try and succeed, no one's gonna mind ;D

hey there were days I was going on the low 50's and hundreds lol ... 1k is NOT bad work for a day, specially when your swamped which you figure is half the week right? lol

I just had some extra time cuz the lil one(who's not so lil anymore) got a new bf and I would rather write then think about that! ;)

Yeah, it's not so much the 8 hours at the day job that's bad, it's all the Other Stuff that I have as well--yesterday it was going with my little sis to her 20 week baby scan, and then going on to my Korean lesson after work. Today, it's just work, so I should hit that 3k goal just nicely. (And just quietly, I'd rather have the 1k than nothing, for sure :D)

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2017, 05:16:19 PM »
No, do it! I'm here, and I've only made the 3k word count twice so far, I think. Try and fail, or try and succeed, no one's gonna mind ;D

Yeah, it's not so much the 8 hours at the day job that's bad, it's all the Other Stuff that I have as well--yesterday it was going with my little sis to her 20 week baby scan, and then going on to my Korean lesson after work. Today, it's just work, so I should hit that 3k goal just nicely. (And just quietly, I'd rather have the 1k than nothing, for sure :D )

^This.
Dean Rencraft | Website

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2017, 11:32:55 PM »
3,140.. I went back to finish it after I decided I was slacking..

Goodnight all!! Gratz and good luck!!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 12:21:30 AM by Pandorra »
Dean Rencraft | Website

Online W.R. Gingell

• Tasmania, Australia
  • I like tea
    • View Profile
    • The WR(ite) Blog
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2017, 12:39:02 AM »

*thumbs up!*

I've just hit 3k myself, and now I have to go back to work for a split shift...  :-X :'(

Online jaehaerys

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2017, 12:59:07 AM »
Well, I failed to hit 3k today, was out of the house all day and couldn't make up the time. Got just under 2k, it'll have to do. Tomorrow's another day. Keep striving!  :)

Online jaehaerys

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2017, 01:02:01 AM »

Nice work! Congrats! I missed my target today, but I told myself I wouldn't beat myself up about it.

*thumbs up!*

I've just hit 3k myself, and now I have to go back to work for a split shift...  :-X :'(

Good job hitting 3k! I'm jealous! Sorry to hear you had to go back to work...not fun. :(

Offline Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
  • Run like you have to get to the library
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2017, 06:47:02 AM »
The accountability must've been what I needed! 3092 words written this morning when I usually struggle to hit 2k in the same time period.

USA Today bestselling author of The Gone Trilogy & Dean's List: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Free Books

Online JoyMosby

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2017, 07:34:54 AM »
I started my 3,000 words per day goal on September 4th. I have reach it for 20 days of the month so far and still counting (76297 words as of yesterday).  :o
It defiantly helps me with my time management, when I hit my word count, unless I'm on a roll, I move on to editing or marketing or nothing . . .
Good luck all! It can be done.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:35:06 AM by JoyMosby »

Joy Mosby | JoyMosby.com

Offline Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
  • Run like you have to get to the library
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2017, 08:09:44 AM »
Wow, great work!!

I started my 3,000 words per day goal on September 4th. I have made for 20 days of the month so far and still counting (76297 words as of yesterday).  :o
I definably helps me with my time management, when I hit my word count, unless I'm on a roll, I move on to editing or marketing or nothing . . .

USA Today bestselling author of The Gone Trilogy & Dean's List: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Free Books

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2017, 09:29:27 AM »
Ging, Jays, Stacy congrats!
Dean Rencraft | Website

Online jaehaerys

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2017, 12:36:55 PM »

The accountability must've been what I needed! 3092 words written this morning when I usually struggle to hit 2k in the same time period.

Great work! Yes, I created this thread to keep myself accountable and to help others do the same, glad you got something out of it. :) I fell off a bit yesterday, but I plan on meeting my goal today. I think 3k a day can help indies maintain a pace that will pay dividends in terms of putting out more content more quickly.

I started my 3,000 words per day goal on September 4th. I have reach it for 20 days of the month so far and still counting (76297 words as of yesterday).  :o
It defiantly helps me with my time management, when I hit my word count, unless I'm on a roll, I move on to editing or marketing or nothing . . .

Wow, that is impressive. I hope to accomplish something similar. Well done! Keep it up! I want to be like you! 8)

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2017, 01:02:22 PM »
Well hell, I have a problem. I think I am done with the first book.
Dean Rencraft | Website

Online jaehaerys

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2017, 01:04:26 PM »
Well hell, I have a problem. I think I am done with the first book.

That's a good problem to have. On to Book 2!  :)

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2017, 01:11:44 PM »

That's a good problem to have. On to Book 2!  :)

LOL I still have to go back/hard edit, flesh out the bits I skipped over etc... but I am not sure if I should stop here or max it at another 60-70k words
Dean Rencraft | Website

Offline Irelandsgirl1157

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2017, 03:30:08 PM »
I didn't make it to 3k yesterday but hit 4,011 today.

Online jaehaerys

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2017, 04:11:20 PM »
I didn't make it to 3k yesterday but hit 4,011 today.

That's awesome, congratulations, that's a ton of words! :)

Online W.R. Gingell

• Tasmania, Australia
  • I like tea
    • View Profile
    • The WR(ite) Blog
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2017, 02:37:19 AM »
You guys are all doing so well! I won't make it again, today, and tomorrow is Sunday, so that's the day off for me.

I'll start again next week, fresh  :)

Online JoyMosby

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2017, 08:36:38 AM »
4105 yesterday . . .not sure how I made it but I did, and I decided to rework the 2nd half of my book. Yippy!

Joy Mosby | JoyMosby.com

Offline sela

• Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2017, 09:03:57 AM »
I want to play!

I have tried in the past year to write more per day on a consistent basis. I have written so far 5 novellas, and three novels. It works out to about 4,000 words a day. BUT I can barely remember my books. I feel rushed. I feel like I haven't had the time I would like with each book to make sure it's fulfilling my expectations and that of my readers. I had set a goal of 6,000 words a day with two days on and one day off until the current WIP was finished but I only made that on a rare occasion. Most of the time it was 4500 - 5000 words. Even that felt rushed.

We're all different. Maybe 3,000 words a day is all I should try for. Slow is fast, as they say.

If you go too fast (for you) maybe you don't end up any closer to your goal than if you went slower (for you).

To thine own self be true.

That being said, my goal for today is 4,400. I have a novel to finish by next week and a deadline for my editor and for my preorder.

So, I have to get going and get those words in. But once this novel is done?

3,000 words a day three days on and one day off. That's my preferred schedule. At that rate, with a week off between novels, I should be able to write and release eight novels of 70K each.

When I think that many successful trad published authors write a book a year, eight seems like the difference between fast and light speed.

If eight novels a year isn't enough for success, well, something's broken.

Online jaehaerys

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2017, 09:31:56 AM »
4105 yesterday . . .not sure how I made it but I did, and I decided to rework the 2nd half of my book. Yippy!

Wow, 4k is mighty impressive. Hats off to you!  8)

Online jaehaerys

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2017, 09:36:23 AM »
I want to play!

I have tried in the past year to write more per day on a consistent basis. I have written so far 5 novellas, and three novels. It works out to about 4,000 words a day. BUT I can barely remember my books. I feel rushed. I feel like I haven't had the time I would like with each book to make sure it's fulfilling my expectations and that of my readers. I had set a goal of 6,000 words a day with two days on and one day off until the current WIP was finished but I only made that on a rare occasion. Most of the time it was 4500 - 5000 words. Even that felt rushed.

We're all different. Maybe 3,000 words a day is all I should try for. Slow is fast, as they say.

If you go too fast (for you) maybe you don't end up any closer to your goal than if you went slower (for you).

To thine own self be true.

That being said, my goal for today is 4,400. I have a novel to finish by next week and a deadline for my editor and for my preorder.

So, I have to get going and get those words in. But once this novel is done?

3,000 words a day three days on and one day off. That's my preferred schedule. At that rate, with a week off between novels, I should be able to write and release eight novels of 70K each.

When I think that many successful trad published authors write a book a year, eight seems like the difference between fast and light speed.

If eight novels a year isn't enough for success, well, something's broken.

Hi, sela...I like your three days on, one day off idea...I might have to try that. At one point you were aiming for 6k a day? I can't even wrap my head around how tough that must've been.

I also hadn't thought of the idea that at this pace you could potentially put out eight 70k books in a year. That is an insane level of output, and you're right, if that doesn't somehow lead to success down the road then for sure something is broken. Mind you, I know you're already a success, but still I'm aiming at 80k for my WIP and around 70 or 75k for subsequent works and it's pleasing to know if I can keep up with the goal of this thread I might be able to get a half-dozen books out over the next 12 months. Goals!

Anyway, welcome, and good luck hitting your 4400 words today. Cheers!  :)

Online jaehaerys

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2017, 09:40:04 AM »
Oh, and I wanted to mention, since I've gone two days without hitting 3k, I've decided I have to 'pay' myself back by increasing my word count to 4k for the next six days to make up for the 6k I'd lost by not working on my WIP.

I'm thinking of it similar to money in an account. By not writing anything for two days when my stated goal was 3k per day, I'd charged 6000 words on my writer's credit card and now I owe that money back...so 4k a day it is for 6 days to make up that debt.

Whatever works.  8)