Author Topic: 3000 Words a Day Club  (Read 16275 times)  

Online IoneKeeling

• View Profile
Re: 3000 Words a Day Club
« Reply #575 on: January 13, 2018, 07:11:04 PM »
Back in the typing saddle on Monday. Just finished up a second edition (added 11k net to existing 44k, changed POV from 3d to dual first and tense, and would say, including the extra 11k net, it's at least 30% new and way tighter).

Doing some background tomorrow (Sunday) on new project. Nothing like outlining. Get the names down, stuff like that.

Great work, everyone!

Offline Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
  • Run like you have to get to the library
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
« Reply #576 on: January 14, 2018, 06:39:49 AM »
Got sick which meant I couldn't write Friday. I wrote 2,051 for today but still need about another thousand to finish this WIP. Maybe I can get it done later today or I'll just finish it tomorrow, then work on planning my next WIP.

USA Today bestselling author of The Gone Trilogy & Dean's List: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Free Books

Online Joseph Malik

• Pacific Northwest
    • View Profile
    • Writing and Fighting with Joseph Malik
« Reply #577 on: January 14, 2018, 08:04:28 AM »
~5100 yesterday; I started after my run at about 6 AM and wrapped up about 10 PM, with a couple of breaks. I woke up late this morning, so we'll see what the day brings.

My last 4-day weekend I knocked out nearly 20,000 words, so it looks like ~5K usable words is my upper bound in about 12 hours of good, uninterrupted writing. Still loving the Fortress of Solitude.

And to be fair, I do complete, blank-page rewrites, and this is the fourth (and hopefully final) version, so there's not much concepting happening, right now. It's just typing and making the words pretty. I'm way slower when I'm knocking out early drafts.
Dragon's Trail: 100%

The New Magic - Draft 4: 90%

Hardcover now available.
Writing and Fighting with Joseph Malik | Website | Blog| Mailing List

Offline JoyMosby

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 15, 2018, 11:59:45 AM »
I was hoping to hit 3K at least once over the weekend but alas I only got 1K on Saturday, Sunday was spent reviewing a new book and planning, organizing a launch for my third book which should happen next week . . . Managed 2k this morning that will probably be it for the day. Too much other stuff to do.

Love the numbers everyone is posting, I will get back there this weekend if not sooner!

Joy Mosby | JoyMosby.com

Online IoneKeeling

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 16, 2018, 08:28:27 AM »
2707 yesterday. Absolutely should have made 3k but just stopped. And the "we all need to step away every now and then doesn't work" because it's way more than "now and then" - ah well. Try for full tilt today!

Offline Dean Kutzler

• Philadelphia
  • Holy Space Opera - The Scarab Reign's Coming!
    • View Profile
    • Philadelphia's Thriller Author Dean Kutzler
« Reply #580 on: Today at 06:04:06 PM »
3,505 tonight! Feeling like a Boss!  8) LOL! The last few nights I haven't felt comfortable posting here because I didn't quite breach 3,000. I still did close. 2,700 one night, 2000 another, etc. But tonight the stars were aligned! I'm ahead of my project and moving right along! There's something to be said about re-plotting when something just isn't working! Happy writing, guys! See ya, tomorrow! (I hope!)
Space Opera Trilogy: 14%

Valentine\'s Day Surprise, A Roman Mystery: 80%

Jack Elliot Series Book 3: 0%
I learn. I twist. I write. I repeat. I learn. I twist. I write. I repeat. I learn. I twist...
Dean Kutzler | Website | Blog | Reader's Group | Facebook | Twitter | Google Plus | Goodreads

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac