Author Topic: 3000 Words a Day Club  (Read 5788 times)  

Offline Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
  • Run like you have to get to the library
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
Re: 3000 Words a Day Club
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2017, 10:54:00 AM »
I'm taking the weekend off, but huge congrats to everyone hitting 3k+!

LOL I still have to go back/hard edit, flesh out the bits I skipped over etc... but I am not sure if I should stop here or max it at another 60-70k words

Huge congrats!! If you feel it's not done, keep going. If it is, then work the heck out of it and decide later if it needs some more. Depending on if you're an over or under writer, you may naturally have to add more in. I usually do, but others have to go through and hack words out.

USA Today bestselling author of The Gone Trilogy & Dean's List: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Free Books

Online Laran Mithras

• Butte MT
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2017, 12:59:38 PM »
5K words today and not done yet. Need more vodka.  :P

Offline JaclynDolamore

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2017, 05:45:16 PM »
Okay, it's my first day at it and I got to 4,051. I'm still in the flow, I could honestly keep going if my body wasn't like, "GO EXERCISE." I wish I could be one of those treadmill desk people but I am incapable of moving and thinking at the same time, it seems!

Still good start for me. It sounds like a lot of us had a good day today. Woohoo!

Jaclyn Dolamore | Blog | Facebook | Twitter

Online jaehaerys

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2017, 01:30:14 PM »
Okay, it's my first day at it and I got to 4,051. I'm still in the flow, I could honestly keep going if my body wasn't like, "GO EXERCISE." I wish I could be one of those treadmill desk people but I am incapable of moving and thinking at the same time, it seems!

Still good start for me. It sounds like a lot of us had a good day today. Woohoo!

Congratulations! 4k is certainly getting off to a great start. I'm hoping to hit 5k today, wish me luck!  :D

Online jaehaerys

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2017, 09:31:29 PM »
4312 words today after all is said and done. It's not the 5k I'd aimed for, but I'll take it. Keep it up out there folks! You can do it!  :)

Online W.R. Gingell

• Tasmania, Australia
  • I like tea
    • View Profile
    • The WR(ite) Blog
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2017, 09:38:17 PM »
4312 words today after all is said and done. It's not the 5k I'd aimed for, but I'll take it. Keep it up out there folks! You can do it!  :)

Better than a poke in the eye with a hot stick, as my mother always used to say--ah, who am I kidding, she still says it...

By which I mean, that's an awesome total! I'm only up to 1k so far, but I've still got a few hours of writing time yet...

Online W.R. Gingell

• Tasmania, Australia
  • I like tea
    • View Profile
    • The WR(ite) Blog
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2017, 02:17:40 AM »
Whee! 3k achieved! 8)

1k on Between Jobs

1k on Cloudy with a Chance of Dropbears

1k on The Staff and the Crown

Feelin' good! ;)

Offline Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2017, 07:16:00 AM »
Great work, everyone!

I got 3175 words today. (Really did not think I'd make it, but my kids slept in giving me a little more time.) I'd keep going, but there's too much to do today (homeschooling the kids, plus I have to proof a book for a pre-order deadline coming up.)

USA Today bestselling author of The Gone Trilogy & Dean's List: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Free Books

Offline JoyMosby

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2017, 10:28:24 AM »
 :( The weekend killed my streak! Only 1220 Saturday since I had to help my Hubby buy a truck, yesterday was cleaning day . . . only 245. Not the way I want to start the month. . . .I don't know that I will make it today but I am going to try!

Joy Mosby | JoyMosby.com

Online archaeoroutes

• Somerset, England
    • View Profile
    • Alasdair Shaw
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2017, 11:13:44 AM »
4537 and finished my latest novelette.

Genres: Space Opera, MilSF, Popular Science, Physics Textbooks, Archaeology, Walking
Alasdair C Shaw | Personal Website | SciFi Website | Physics Website | Archaeology Website | Newsletter Signup

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2017, 11:46:54 AM »
Gratz guys you're doing awesome! I am back with books 2 soo here we go again  :D

WB Jays and you're wayy up there, no more worrying!!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 11:54:43 AM by Pandorra »
Dean Rencraft | Website

Online jaehaerys

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2017, 05:14:00 PM »
Whee! 3k achieved! 8)

1k on Between Jobs

1k on Cloudy with a Chance of Dropbears

1k on The Staff and the Crown

Feelin' good! ;)

Wowza, you're writing three things at once? Are you some kind of superhero? My hands are full with just my one WIP. Congrats on hitting 3k!

Great work, everyone!

I got 3175 words today. (Really did not think I'd make it, but my kids slept in giving me a little more time.) I'd keep going, but there's too much to do today (homeschooling the kids, plus I have to proof a book for a pre-order deadline coming up.)

3175! Awesome job! And that you manage to do it with so many distractions around is even more impressive. I only have my dogs while my wife is at work, and they're bulldogs so most of the day it's just listening to them snore.  :)

:( The weekend killed my streak! Only 1220 Saturday since I had to help my Hubby buy a truck, yesterday was cleaning day . . . only 245. Not the way I want to start the month. . . .I don't know that I will make it today but I am going to try!

Ugh, yeah, I know what that's like. It's okay, it happens, I'm sure you'll make up for it later.  :)

4537 and finished my latest novelette.

Jumpins that's a lotta words! Kudos!

Gratz guys you're doing awesome! I am back with books 2 soo here we go again  :D

WB Jays and you're wayy up there, no more worrying!!

So you're working on more than one project at once as well? I don't know how you all do it. Anyway, good luck moving forward with those.  8)

As for me, so far today I'm at 2085 and already feeling wiped. I'm not sure if I can make it to 3k today, but I'm going to definitely try. Great work everyone! :D

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2017, 05:58:35 PM »
Just one jays I finished book one several days ago! Now am on to book two.
2k is great... keep going if you can but your doing really good!
Dean Rencraft | Website

Offline JaclynDolamore

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2017, 06:11:44 PM »
Good work, everyone!

I didn't update yesterday because I went out and did a bunch of stuff and STILL wrote 3k. Today's total, 3400 and I'm going to call it quits. I was hoping to get 4k a day, but as long as I get 3k I'm on schedule...so far, so good.

W. R., you have impressive book hopping skills...I get so thrown off with where I was going when I juggle 2-3 WIPs at once...!

Jaclyn Dolamore | Blog | Facebook | Twitter

Online W.R. Gingell

• Tasmania, Australia
  • I like tea
    • View Profile
    • The WR(ite) Blog
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2017, 03:13:48 AM »
Whoop! Hit my 3k just in time for bed! I would have hit it earlier, but my parents came around with their new puppies, and no one can be expected to work when there are puppies to be played with... I'm feeling really good about where my stories are sitting, too; there are still more words to be written in each, so I should have an easier day of it tomorrow, too. 3k per day is starting to feel like a comfortable norm instead of a stretch, so that's good. 8)

Roll on NaNoWriMo!

Great work, everyone!

Nice work! I really admire people who can write AND raise kids at the same time. I'd be a wreck if I had kids as well...

Wowza, you're writing three things at once? Are you some kind of superhero? My hands are full with just my one WIP. Congrats on hitting 3k!

:o How did you know?! *gasps* My secret identity must remain a secret!

Actually, I'm just really easily distracted, and working on three at once means a.) I can get three books done at once! and b.) I can skip to the next one when one feels too hard to work on right now. It also means I rarely get bored. This is the first time I'm SERIOUSLY working on 3 at once, though, instead of just dabbling with a few on the side while working properly on one. One is a full length (100k) fantasy that is 3rd in a series, one is a shortish (70k) urban fantasy 1st in the series, and the other is a little 10k thing to sub for an anthology. So NaNo will get the 70k finished hopefully easily and the 10k should be done well in advance.

As for me, so far today I'm at 2085 and already feeling wiped. I'm not sure if I can make it to 3k today, but I'm going to definitely try. Great work everyone! :D

You can do it! 힘내! (<--My apologies--I just wanted to see if KBoards could handle the Korean keyboard, and I wanted to look clever. Well, mostly I just wanted to look clever...)

Just one jays I finished book one several days ago! Now am on to book two.
2k is great... keep going if you can but your doing really good!

Oooh, look at you going on to book 2! I'm looking forward to that feeling...

Good work, everyone!

I didn't update yesterday because I went out and did a bunch of stuff and STILL wrote 3k. Today's total, 3400 and I'm going to call it quits. I was hoping to get 4k a day, but as long as I get 3k I'm on schedule...so far, so good.

W. R., you have impressive book hopping skills...I get so thrown off with where I was going when I juggle 2-3 WIPs at once...!

It's such a satisfying feeling, doing the day job/house stuff/kid stuff/family stuff and still getting the writing done as well :D Well done you!

(Just quietly, I sometimes get confused, too; but since I'm in a state of confusion most of the time anyway, I'm pretty comfortable there. Sort of a regular visitor instead of a tourist, so to speak :P

Offline Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2017, 07:18:23 AM »
Everyone is doing great! Keep it up! This thread is really inspiring. I was beginning to think I'd never get back to my old word counts!

I got 3039 words today. Again, I'm surprised I made it. I woke up with a killer headache!

3175! Awesome job! And that you manage to do it with so many distractions around is even more impressive. I only have my dogs while my wife is at work, and they're bulldogs so most of the day it's just listening to them snore.  :)

I write before anyone gets up. Makes for some super-early mornings, but I rarely have distractions, so that makes it a lot easier.

Nice work! I really admire people who can write AND raise kids at the same time. I'd be a wreck if I had kids as well...
It's much easier since writing is my job! :) I used to run a home daycare. THAT made writing challenging. lol
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:21:31 AM by Stacy Claflin »

Offline JoyMosby

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2017, 07:51:16 AM »
So impressed with how everyone is doing!
I came close yesterday 2856, which is better then I thought I would do. It is still way less than I should have done.
Today has started better!

Joy Mosby | JoyMosby.com

Offline Puddleduck

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2017, 09:47:03 AM »
I got over 10,000 words over the past two days (meaning the two days before today). I'm trying to work up to consistently doing 5,000 word days at least four times a week. I'm just starting on that goal, but that is my goal.

Much of that 10k was this one sequence that I thought was going to be like 2 or 3k and ended up going way longer.

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2017, 09:55:58 AM »
I only got 1k in yesterday but I had a release go out (which will die if it doesn't get a review soon! lol) but gratz all of you!! maybe I can get in 3 today..
Dean Rencraft | Website

Online jaehaerys

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2017, 11:17:09 AM »
Just chiming in to say I hope everyone's having a productive day today. I didn't quite make 3k yesterday, so I'm going to try and over-compensate today.  ;D

Keep up the great work!

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2017, 11:27:46 AM »
Just chiming in to say I hope everyone's having a productive day today. I didn't quite make 3k yesterday, so I'm going to try and over-compensate today.  ;D

Keep up the great work!

:'( :P :-[
Dean Rencraft | Website

Offline Stacy Claflin

• Seattle-ish
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Claflin, Author
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2017, 11:35:32 AM »
I only got 1k in yesterday but I had a release go out (which will die if it doesn't get a review soon! lol) but gratz all of you!! maybe I can get in 3 today..

Those early reviews take forever to go live, don't they? Congrats on the release!

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2017, 11:45:05 AM »
Those early reviews take forever to go live, don't they? Congrats on the release!

Thank you, I don't even think I have any yet, lol.. I went live in KU without marketing. :(
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:54:36 AM by Pandorra »
Dean Rencraft | Website

Online Laran Mithras

• Butte MT
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2017, 11:54:02 AM »
KU is a good marketing tool all on its own.

Online Pandorra

• View Profile
    • Legends of Elera
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2017, 11:55:38 AM »
KU is a good marketing tool all on its own.

That's what a lil bird told me .. lol

I'm just terrified I messed it up because nothing is happening! I would just soldier on.. but its killing my daily word count for book 2!
Dean Rencraft | Website