Author Topic: Traveling to Prague  (Read 260 times)  

Offline Kezarkid

• View Profile
Traveling to Prague
« on: October 03, 2017, 11:45:56 AM »
Planning a trip to Prague. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.
Any hotel recommendations, what area to stay etc. Thanks

Offline Lascivity

• London, UK
    • View Profile
    • Lascivity
Re: Traveling to Prague
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 06:48:26 AM »
Prague is superb. You're going to have a great time wherever you stay. That said, if you're looking for a cheaper, more unique, less grotty experience, I'd advise avoiding the tourist areas around the Charles Bridge. Zizkov is pretty fantastic. Don't be afraid to wander.
My (somewhat NSFW) blog.

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Oklahoma
  • Card-carrying melodrama villain
    • View Profile
    • All about me....<hee hee>
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 03:45:43 PM »
I was there about two years ago and loved it. Be sure to learn to use the streetcar system. This article may be of interest.

https://travelupdate.boardingarea.com/touring-prague-czech-republic/#_ga=2.219243801.104541952.1507828882-1108772685.1500001922

Even if you're not a concert-goer, consider attending a concert in the Hall of Mirrors at the Klementinum. Magnificent setting! There were excellent and inexpensive concerts all over Eastern Europe.

(Make your own reading bar)
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Oklahoma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 03:56:57 PM »
https://www.kboards.com/index.php?topic=235353.0

When I visited Eastern Europe, I posted this thread of photos. Except for a few pics of a monastery we visited outside of Prague, none are directly relevant to your trip, but they may put you in the mood!

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Oklahoma
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 04:11:04 PM »
Here are a few picturesfrom Prague. No real science to the choices, just shots that grabbed my eye or sparked a memory.

Poster in the Museum of Communism. The caption reads: "No American Spy will get through our village! Help the National Safety Corps protect your United Agricultural Cooperative against Western Imperialists."

Cool door handle!

From an old Jewish cemetery

Interior detail of the Hall of Mirrors

We came early and had front row seats for our "concert" which I guess was more of a recital....