Need a new Case? Save $30 with code SPARKLE30 + Free Shipping at Case-Mate.com! Offer ends 12/15.

Author Topic: Muting threads?  (Read 185 times)  

Offline SerenityEditing

• View Profile
    • Serenity Editing Services
Muting threads?
« on: October 01, 2017, 12:46:13 PM »
I have a feeling I'm going to be one of the "I can't believe I missed that" people, but here goes:
If I post in a thread, it shows up in the list every time I select the "Show new replies to your posts" option at the top of the screen. This is usually great. But is there a way to mute or unfollow a thread I'm no longer interested in following?

Right now I have several threads (word games, Book Bazaar posts, etc) that have near-daily activity, and show up almost every time I visit. This makes it harder to sift through and see the responses to actual conversations and topics I'm more engaged in. It also deters me from posting sometimes, now that I'm aware that once I make that post, the thread is going to show up with unread messages every time I visit until one of us (me or the thread) dies. There've been several threads recently where I started to join in and post, but then decided not to, because I know it'll just make my list that much longer.

I've tried remembering to use the bookmark option instead, so I could check for new activity in the 'bookmarked' area instead of the 'replies to your posts' area, but so far I have about a 15-20% success rate with remembering to bookmark threads.

I've checked all the places I can think of but don't see any likely-looking settings. Is muting/unfollowing not an option, or am I just missing it?
Serenity Editing Services - KBoards Yellow Pages

FREE Sample - Top-Notch Editing and Proofreading Services
serenityeditingservices.com/

Offline readingril

• View Profile
Re: Muting threads?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 02:04:03 PM »
Someone wiser than me will probably come along, but I click on the thread and click unnotify near the top right of the page.

You can also go to
http://www.kboards.com/index.php?action=profile;area=notification (Click on My KBoards | Profile | Account Settings then Notifications on the left hand side of the page)

And delete individual threads, and change your notification settings.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 02:14:57 PM by readingril »

Offline SerenityEditing

• View Profile
    • Serenity Editing Services
Re: Muting threads?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 12:57:04 AM »
The ones I want to mute only have 'notify' as an option, and they aren't listed in that link.

I think the 'notify' thing is where it sends you an email, isn't it? I did opt in get email notifications of anything I've posted in, but I actually only pay attention to those when threads have been moderated/deleted (sorry, mods; my nosiness is pathological). I have them filtered to a separate email folder so I only see them if I go looking for them.

What I'm talking about here is the list that shows up when you click 'Show new replies to your posts' under the 'Hello [Username]' section in the upper left of the screen. Maybe I'll just have to stop using that one and use the Notifications list instead, but I really like the 'Show new replies' option because it lets you go directly to the last post in the thread, and the Notifications list doesn't do that, so far as I can see.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 12:58:44 AM by SerenityEditing »
Serenity Editing Services - KBoards Yellow Pages

FREE Sample - Top-Notch Editing and Proofreading Services
serenityeditingservices.com/

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac