Author Topic: For Those Experienced With Nook Press  (Read 1112 times)  

Offline David Chill

• Los Angeles, CA
    • View Profile
For Those Experienced With Nook Press
« on: February 01, 2017, 08:10:09 AM »
So I finally made the decision to go wide. My biggest concern was formatting and uploading, but so far (on Nook anyway)  it seems that has been the least of my problems.

Oddly, what has become an issue is that Nook Press is not letting me set up a Vendor Account. After entering the correct SS # and Bank Account Info, I get a message saying there is a mismatch between the two. I've triple-checked these numbers and they are all correct. My note to them was acknowledged after a full day, saying my issue has been passed to Accounts Payable, who will review this manually. They did not say how long this will take.

The only possibility I can think of  (aside from a Nook glitch), is that I also have an LLC account at my bank that I am primarily using for my consulting work. I was hoping not to mix the two, but am wondering if that is what's holding this up.

Any thoughts welcome, as is a contact at Nook to try and resolve, rather than waiting until their A/P dept. gets around to this. The final solution will be to simply use D2D, but am holding that in reserve for now. Thanks.

David Chill

Offline Lark Watson

• View Profile
Re: For Those Experienced With Nook Press
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 05:24:30 PM »
Hi David,

Have you done a quick check to make sure your identity hasn't been stolen? If it's not the bank issue, someone could be using your SS?

Gothic Romance addict retelling Jane Eyre with a twist you won't see coming.
Lark Watson | facebook

Online Marti talbott

• Marti Talbott
    • View Profile
    • Marti Talbott's Books
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 05:29:42 PM »
Ah, my favorite subject. Do you already had an account with Nook? If so, the two accounts are screwing you up. If not, hopefully they can straighten that out for you. I wouldn't put it on your LLC. You'll have IRS problems if you do.

Marti Talbott's Books   www.martitalbott.com

Offline DmGuay

• OH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 05:39:50 AM »
So I finally made the decision to go wide. My biggest concern was formatting and uploading, but so far (on Nook anyway)  it seems that has been the least of my problems.

Oddly, what has become an issue is that Nook Press is not letting me set up a Vendor Account. After entering the correct SS # and Bank Account Info, I get a message saying there is a mismatch between the two. I've triple-checked these numbers and they are all correct." My note to them was acknowledged after a full day, saying my issue has been passed to Accounts Payable, who will review this manually. They did not say how long this will take.

The only possibility I can think of  (aside from a Nook glitch), is that I also have an LLC account at my bank that I am primarily using for my consulting work. I was hoping not to mix the two, but am wondering if that is what's holding this up.

Any thoughts welcome, as is a contact at Nook to try and resolve, rather than waiting until their A/P dept. gets around to this. The final solution will be to simply use D2D, but am holding that in reserve for now. Thanks.

This same thing just happened to me on Nook Press, and I know all my information is correct. I filled out the 'form' --really a blank email-- in the auto-generated email they sent to me. I said "Hey, I know all my bank info is correct, but for some reason my account is declined. Within 2 days they emailed me back to say they had reviewed it manually and had approved the account.

Now, I've been in the "Processing for Publication" vortex for two days. I'm releasing paperbacks through Nook Press. It seems to me like nothing is instant through this program. Everything takes days and maybe human eyes to get approved, which seems frustrating in this age of instant gratification, but oh well. I'm trying to be patient!

I guess nothing is instant on Nook Press.

Charity, Unchained: Guardians of Salt Creek historical novel: 10%

Jesse, Redeemed: Guardians of Salt Creek book 3: 100%
D.M. Guay | Web site

Offline KathyCarmichael

• Tampa, Florida
  • Where are my reading glasses?
    • View Profile
    • Kathy Carmichael's website
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 08:31:53 AM »
I've been very ill (open heart surgery etc), and haven't been around for awhile. But I'm relaunching my writing career with a BookBub ad on 5/4 -- so I've been updating the back matter in all of my ebooks, using Vellum. When I upload to Nook I'm getting either an "unknown processing error" or that it's not correctly dividing up chapters. I've run the books thru e-pub validator and they come up just fine. The only thing I'm doing differently this time is that I've added the UVI links from Books2Read (along with my affiliate codes).

So is it Nook? Is it the UVI links? Is it Vellum? Is it something else? If anyone has any clues, I could sure use them.

Many thanks!

Romantic Comedy & Humorous Mystery
Kathy Carmichael | Website | Facebook

Offline KathyCarmichael

• Tampa, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 02:41:11 PM »
I never received any answers to this, and I hope that someone knows the answer, please. Although it's no longer needed for the Bookbub ad, I do need to know so I can update my books on Nook. Many thanks! -- KC

I've been very ill (open heart surgery etc), and haven't been around for awhile. But I'm relaunching my writing career with a BookBub ad on 5/4 -- so I've been updating the back matter in all of my ebooks, using Vellum. When I upload to Nook I'm getting either an "unknown processing error" or that it's not correctly dividing up chapters. I've run the books thru e-pub validator and they come up just fine. The only thing I'm doing differently this time is that I've added the UVI links from Books2Read (along with my affiliate codes).

So is it Nook? Is it the UVI links? Is it Vellum? Is it something else? If anyone has any clues, I could sure use them.

Many thanks!

Offline SugarBear57

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 02:53:14 PM »

This same thing just happened to me on Nook Press, and I know all my information is correct. I filled out the 'form' --really a blank email-- in the auto-generated email they sent to me. I said "Hey, I know all my bank info is correct, but for some reason my account is declined. Within 2 days they emailed me back to say they had reviewed it manually and had approved the account.

Now, I've been in the "Processing for Publication" vortex for two days. I'm releasing paperbacks through Nook Press. It seems to me like nothing is instant through this program. Everything takes days and maybe human eyes to get approved, which seems frustrating in this age of instant gratification, but oh well. I'm trying to be patient!

I guess nothing is instant on Nook Press.
Par for the course on Nook Press. Welcome to being direct to BN! You can bypass that by giving a portion of your royalties to D2D, who will go to bat for you when necessary.

Offline Laran Mithras

• Butte MT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 02:55:19 PM »
I never received any answers to this, and I hope that someone knows the answer, please. Although it's no longer needed for the Bookbub ad, I do need to know so I can update my books on Nook. Many thanks! -- KC

I was getting the same error, Kathy. I had no issues uploading Docx files previously, but now can't upload. I used D2D's epub translator to download epub files and those work with no problem uploading to Nook.

There was also a Nook post by the support team claiming that if you select "Edit Manuscript" (after all the errors and it finally lets you back into your dashboard), make a change to your MS and then reverse the change (make an extra space, then delete it), then save changes, that the MS with errors will work.

I found the epub upload easier and faster.

Offline KathyCarmichael

• Tampa, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 05:07:27 PM »
Thank you so much, Laran!

I was getting the same error, Kathy. I had no issues uploading Docx files previously, but now can't upload. I used D2D's epub translator to download epub files and those work with no problem uploading to Nook.

There was also a Nook post by the support team claiming that if you select "Edit Manuscript" (after all the errors and it finally lets you back into your dashboard), make a change to your MS and then reverse the change (make an extra space, then delete it), then save changes, that the MS with errors will work.

I found the epub upload easier and faster.