Need a new Case? Save $30 with code SPARKLE30 + Free Shipping at Case-Mate.com! Offer ends 12/15.

Author Topic: New Kindle Oasis!  (Read 17987 times)  

Offline mistyd107

• Alvarado Tx
    • View Profile
Re: New Kindle Oasis!
« Reply #225 on: October 30, 2017, 03:34:25 PM »
Quick? Just to verify my thinking if you order a oasis on the installment plan and it ships several weeks later. Is the first payment taken at time of order or time of shipment?
Would like to order now to get my place in line but pay day is Friday.
Totals Read in 2014: Books-9  Pgs-3,156  Loc-44,841

Online rlkubi

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 30, 2017, 03:56:20 PM »
 No they take the installment out day of shipment.

Online Tunji99

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 30, 2017, 08:06:57 PM »
I ordered mine on installment payment plan on the 18th. Just got an email today letting me know how I will be charged by Amazon over the next five months, and the first charge hit the credit card today. So I am hoping to get it by tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Online rlkubi

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 30, 2017, 08:08:18 PM »
Mine hit today and I'm getting it on Wednesday.

Offline northofdivision

• Chicago
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 31, 2017, 06:46:00 AM »
For those of you moving on to the new Oasis and also own the older Oasis, i'm curious if it'll become your daily driver. I own a 5" Sony and an 8" Kobo and they have become readers for specific occasions and not the main machine. This, however, is an Amazon product so i'm interested to hear if it can completely replace your 6" Oasis (or your Voyage, Paperwhite or K4 for that matter) and actually become the main reader for all of you. Anyone have any initial thoughts on how they plan to use their new Oasis?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 07:23:35 AM by northofdivision »
Stanley
=====
Blackberry KeyOne, Ipad Air2
Kindle 2,3G,4,PW2, Voyage, Oasis
Kobo HD Glo, Kobo Aura One 8", Sony 5" PRS-350 w/multi-font/Zork hack

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline quadtronix

• New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 31, 2017, 06:54:08 AM »
For those of you moving on to the new Kindle and also own the older kindle, i'm curious if it'll become your daily driver. I own a 5" Sony and an 8" Kobo and they have become readers for specific occasions and not the main machine. This, however, is an Amazon product so i'm interested to hear if it can completely replace your 6" (or your Voyage or Paperwhite for that matter) and actually become the main reader for all of you. Anyone have any initial thoughts on how they plan to use their new Oasis?
I plan to use the new Oasis as my only Kindle for the foreseeable future, if it lives up to my expectations that is...

BUT, since the other half of my ebook collection is on nook, I guess I'll either be using my phone for nook books as I have been for a while (Galaxy S8+ w/6.2" screen)... or I may also get the new nook that's rumored to come out this Thurs. According to goodereader.com...

I have not been using my nook Glowlight Plus that much since I got the S8+ but sometimes I switch it up for variety sake... the new nook sounds pretty awesome though...

But as far as kindle goes, this new Oasis will probably be my only device and I will keep my Voyage and Oasis 1 as backups on the shelf...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline northofdivision

• Chicago
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 31, 2017, 06:57:59 AM »
I plan to use the new Oasis as my only Kindle for the foreseeable future, if it lives up to my expectations that is...

BUT, since the other half of my ebook collection is on nook, I guess I'll either be using my phone for nook books as I have been for a while (Galaxy S8+ w/6.2" screen)... or I may also get the new nook that's rumored to come out this Thurs. According to goodereader.com...

Quadtronix. Excellent. Even better those coming from other devices. Will be interested to hear how it stands up for you as a 7" daily.
Stanley
=====

Offline quadtronix

• New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 31, 2017, 07:02:18 AM »
Quadtronix. Excellent. Even better those coming from other devices. Will be interested to hear how it stands up for you as a 7" daily.
I'll let u know... [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 31, 2017, 07:11:31 AM »
I have 2 kindles now . . . well, 3, but one is my husband's so I don't really use it.

I carry the Voyage with me out and about, and the Oasis lives on my nightstand. Not sure how I'll use this new one . . . have to see what makes sense. It may live in the family room where I do most of my daily reading and let the Voyage just stay in my purse at all times.

Or, maybe I'll opt to trade one or the other of my existing kindles in for credit to Amazon.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline northofdivision

• Chicago
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 31, 2017, 07:27:07 AM »
I have 2 kindles now . . . well, 3, but one is my husband's so I don't really use it.

I carry the Voyage with me out and about, and the Oasis lives on my nightstand.

Look forward to hear if it can replace either of the two in their current roles or if it will be forced to cut out a niche of it's own.
Stanley
=====

Offline GSDlady

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 31, 2017, 12:06:24 PM »
For those of you moving on to the new Oasis and also own the older Oasis, i'm curious if it'll become your daily driver. I own a 5" Sony and an 8" Kobo and they have become readers for specific occasions and not the main machine. This, however, is an Amazon product so i'm interested to hear if it can completely replace your 6" Oasis (or your Voyage, Paperwhite or K4 for that matter) and actually become the main reader for all of you. Anyone have any initial thoughts on how they plan to use their new Oasis?

I have 2 Voyages which I will keep, but plan to make the new Oasis my "daily driver". My original Voyage has been the one I take on the go and the other will be at my bedside. I tend to fall asleep quickly when reading in bed and prefer to read without my glasses and just enlarge the font. So they will all have a place. I can't imagine the new 7" Oasis not being anyone's daily driver.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
  • Member #3406
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 01, 2017, 01:39:11 AM »
I thought that I would use my Voyage for going out, but after I got my new Oasis Tuesday, I just had to take it to work, so I've found it fits very well in my bag for use on the train. I do most of my reading while commuting and just before going to sleep at night.
New York, NY
Flutist, Legal Services Professional
Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline rcarbone1214

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 01, 2017, 06:56:41 AM »

I am replacing my Voyage which I always have in my purse with the new Oasis. I will use the Voyage when I travel. My 1st Gen Oasis is the one I use at home.

Offline northofdivision

• Chicago
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 01, 2017, 07:23:48 AM »
Ann (agree it's gonna take some time to get used to cold metal by the bedside;), rcarbone1214, mlewis78, GSDlady...Sounds great. Sounds like a majority are feeling it's gonna be  the daily. Good stuff. It's just a tad too big for me to be my daily (on my skateboard, bike and subways nonstop) as i still need a reader that can fit in my various pockets. But definitely going to be the primary when i'm sitting down at tables or at home for long periods of time. It really feels great in hand (the wider thick-side base to hold in palm feels better than the first Oasis for me).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 07:33:57 AM by northofdivision »
Stanley
=====

Offline WDR

• Massachusetts
  • To boldly split infinitives
    • View Profile
    • Official Website of William D. Richards
« Reply #239 on: November 07, 2017, 06:05:40 AM »
For me, the most important thing is the waterproofing. I enjoy camping and I love the read during downtime at the campsite. The problem is, the weather does not always cooperate.

(For those wondering, I am certain I am the incarnation of the God of Rain and the clouds like to demonstrate their love for me by wetting me. Especially when they see me setting up a tent.)
Aggadeh Chronicles Book 3: Oracle: 11%
William D. Richards | Official Website | A Writer's Chronicles | Patreon