Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.
KB Featured
TBD
by TBD

$0.00
Kindle Edition published 2016-01-12
Bestseller ranking: 757432

Product Description
With the odd disappearance of her parents, Gussie Gibson has lived her entire life with her granny on a peaceful pecan orchard, owned by the meanest man in all of Georgia—Mr. J.P. Combs. Granny teaches Gussie many valuable life lessons as a black woman growing up in the still-segregated south. Mr. Combs is an evil underhanded banker who takes liberties beyond his privilege. When Granny dies, Combs informs Gussie she owes him back rent—but he wants much more than money for payment—and more than Gussie can live with.
After defending herself against his sexual advances, Gussie flees to escape certain vigilante justice when she meets a charming, handsome stranger, Sam Johnson, who is just returning from World War II.
Gussie and Sam’s friendship is short-lived when Mr. Combs hunts her down and drags her back to Green Ridge, driven by his craving for revenge and a grudge too deep to comprehend. Gussie fights to return to Sam and his lo...

Author Topic: Proofreading--$30 per book & Line Editing $100 for 3 books *Flat Rate  (Read 11277 times)  

Online Ebook Proofreading

• View Profile
Update December 18, 2017

https://proofreadebooks.com/

Limited Offer

Order or Pre-Order:

Proofreading ----> $30 flat rate per book

The price will go up soon! Take advantage and order before the end of the year! If you know how many books you plan to write, you can pre-order for 2018.

Line Editing ----> $50 flat rate per book
OR $100 for 3 books

Delivery time:

7 Days

Order now:

*send the payment to the paypal address rothnotions@gmail.com
*email your books to booksfreelance@gmail.com

Follow the 2 steps above to order before the price changes. My team is waiting! 😊

https://proofreadebooks.com/

Reviews:

This is a fantastic service. Just got my manuscript back very quickly and with a very thorough proofread completed on it.

Thank you Roxana!

Roxana did my novella for me! She was quicker than I expected, and caught a bunch of mistakes I haven't seen through my revisions <3

I used Roxana and was very pleased with the results.

She/they proofread 2 of my current stories and found some issues. 

I would say that is good work, on top of that is was ONLY $30 per book.

I am going to try her editing next ;)

This is an outstanding value. I received my manuscript back six days after I sent it.

I'm only 1/4 of a way through the manuscript, but I've found numerous corrections that were spot on, and have made my book better.

Once again, I learn I'm terrible at editing my own work!

I'll be using Roxana's service again for my next book.

Coming out of lurker mode to add my recommendation to Roxana. I used her proofreading services, and she exceeded my expectations. If I had to leave a grade, this would be a solid A from a tough grader.

First, whoever proofread my book wasn't looking out only for typos, it also included other suggestions. I'd say that this is definitely more Proofreading on Steroids than straight proofreading. Second, the turn around time is brilliant. It's speedy and yet I wouldn't say that the work suffers for the speed.

Not only would I recommend this service to others, but I plan on continuing to use her proofreading services for future projects.

Ok, what can I say, but Roxana did a good job.

My second book has been proofread 4 times already. I sent her 75% of the book as a test (approx 60k words). I did make a few upgrades so I figured I'd give her a try. I purchased the $15 package for proofreading. She found 15 legitimate errors and 2 errors that were more preference and could be read either way. None would be easy for a program to find (at least in my opinion). So I am forced to give her a thumbs up!  ;D I'm not a newbie and have been on the kboards for over a year.

Great job. I'm not sure how she's doing it for such a low price, but so far things look good for her company.

Used their service for proofreading a novella. I gave them a super short deadline and they more than delivered. Was 2 or 3 days I received my manuscript back. Definitely happy with the quick turn around that kept me on schedule. Thank you!

I sent out my 75,000 word novel for a proofread and received it back 3 days later. Around a dozen errors were found, mostly issues that spell check would not have found. I'm incredibly satisfied. I'll definitely use them again!

I am a longtime lurker but thought it might be useful to post my experience with Ebook Proofreading. I sent my file, a 96,000 word novel (hey, it said all books, right?) and got a quick reply that my file was received, so I paid with PayPal, and just a point of order here--it's 30 euro, not 30 dollars, so it cost approx $36. I got my book back today, a quick 5-day turnaround and was pleasantly surprised. She did what she said she would, efficiently, and with good cheer, so now I am dusting off some other projects to submit for proofreading. I am so pleased to have this obstacle behind me. Cheers to Roxana . . .

Roxana did one of my books for me. I am very pleased. The manuscript was returned ahead of schedule, and her work was most professional. I will use her service again. Thank you, Roxana.

Just chiming in to say that I'm trying things out, too. For $15, there's very little to lose and it's better than asking my English teacher friend for a favor. I don't expect to get feedback about how I should go back to writing literary short stories all the time.

I sent in work last week, and it was done two days early. I am going through the corrections now, and I'm pleased with the work.

I sent in one of my books and it turned out great. My 60k MS only took 3 days, and they found nearly 300 errors! I'm going to send another book. Thank you for this service.   :)

Sent two stories that had previously been proofread. Got them back in three days and I'm very satisfied. It's always good to have an extra pair of eyes.
Thanks Roxana and the team!

Roxana proofread my novella and only took a few days. Very happy with the results and will definitely be using this service again.

I handed in a 110k novel. It was supposed to take 7 days. I got it back after 4 and I'm very pleased with the result. I will definitely use this service again. In fact, I just bought the 3-book package.   ;D

Sent in a 106k manuscript. Got it back ahead of schedule.

Work is good, clean, professional. She found quite a few mistakes.
While the usual spelling errors were picked up, she also found:
-incorrect word substitutions,
-missing articles
-missing conjunctions
-Missing or incorrectly employed commas and other punctuation.

I noticed she did not find any issues with my dialog/quotation mark punctuation. Other editors have nitpicked that in my previous books. I'm not sure if I have simply altered my style to reflect this or if she used a different standard. Going over it now, I'm inclined to think that it's me and not her, though.

Bottom line?
It it is well worth fifteen or thirty, or even a hundred dollars. Fastest and easiest draft clean-up I've ever seen. If you have a good manuscript that needs a cleaning? I absolutely recommend her.

I decided on the 3-book, $45.00 deal. First manuscript came back several days ahead of schedule. Very satisfied with the proofed work!

Just chiming in to say that Roxana got it done and back to me in a little under three days, and it looks good. I plan to send the next two books her way.

Just popping in to say really pleased with the proofread, I like to think my manuscript was pretty clean but Roxanna picked up some mistakes including some wonky pronouns and a fair few random commas.  Quick and professional, definitely worth the fee.

Roxana is amazing! I sent her a 50K manuscript and she had it back to me within 3 days. The manuscript is clear of all typos and she even caught some awkward phrasing. I completely recommend this service and suggest you take her up on her $15 limited offer because she should *definitely* be charging more! ;D

Roxana rocks! She returned my 60K manuscript within 3 days, catching simple typos and some grammatical gaffs of mine. Quick and efficient, couldn't ask for more. And at these introductory rates, it's a huge bargain! I'll definitely be repeat customer.

Just chipping in to say I've just used Roxana's service for two books and I'm very pleased. Very quick and efficient service - will be using again!

Thank you, Roxana!

There's nothing like another proof read, especially when I go back for a tinker with the story. You give excellent value. I recommend your service.

Good service! There weren't many problems in my books - about fifteen in each. I'm pleased. I should mention that I did proofread both books very thoroughly before submitting them, so I wasn't expecting many errors.

I did sent my manuscripts. All of them. 32!  :P Already proofread. And she still found quite a few mistakes.  :o  I completely recommend this service.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:01:03 AM by Ebook Proofreading »
Proofreading
$30 for one book

Line Editing
$50 for one book

Order or Pre-Order now

proofreadebooks.com

Offline David Beers

• Athens, GA
  • Killing things one word at a time
    • View Profile
    • David Beers, Author
Re: eBook Proofreading $30 Flat Rate for All Books
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 04:57:32 PM »
Definitely bookmarking this.

Craft first.
Website | Amazon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 11:35:46 PM »
You might want to reconsider your pricing since 3,000-page books are all the rage in KU.

Thank you!
The $30 flat rate is not available for box sets or collections.
Proofreading
$30 for one book

Line Editing
$50 for one book

Order or Pre-Order now

proofreadebooks.com

Offline TheAnvil

• UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 12:28:29 AM »
Hmm, I smell haddock.

Apparently a team of proofreaders, yet no professional website, no professional email address and an offer clearly too good to be true.

Buyer beware!

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 01:23:55 AM »
Hmm, I smell haddock.

Apparently a team of proofreaders, yet no professional website, no professional email address and an offer clearly too good to be true.

Buyer beware!

I understand your concern but we are only just starting. We are working on a professional website and the rate will go up.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 01:28:21 AM by Ebook Proofreading »
Proofreading
$30 for one book

Line Editing
$50 for one book

Order or Pre-Order now

proofreadebooks.com

Offline kcmorgan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 02:05:44 AM »
Hmm, I smell haddock.

Buyer beware!
Meh, it's 30 bucks. I blow more than that on games.

If they don't do a good job, people will come back to this thread and say so.

Every new business has to start somewhere.

Offline MaddHatter

• MO, USA
    • View Profile
    • http://www.evanmgrant.com
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 06:10:48 AM »
Sounds like it's worth a try... bookmarked  :)

Evan Grant

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 11:37:19 PM »
Sounds like it's worth a try... bookmarked  :)

Thank you!  :)
Proofreading
$30 for one book

Line Editing
$50 for one book

Order or Pre-Order now

proofreadebooks.com

Offline SerenityEditing

• View Profile
    • Serenity Editing Services
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 08:01:52 AM »
Meh, it's 30 bucks. I blow more than that on games.

If they don't do a good job, people will come back to this thread and say so.

Every new business has to start somewhere.

Yep. I use Gmail and Squarespace, because I don't have time to bother setting up anything more "professional." If my workload ever slows down, I might, but for now... And at first glance, the offer does seem to be on the TGTBT side, but the OP is setting limits (no box sets or collections), which is a good sign. And I think we all know the people putting up the 3000-page books aren't having them proofread, even for the low cost of $20-30.  ;)

I did my first several jobs for free, specifying (as OP did) that it was only to get my foot in the door and get the word-of-mouth going before setting early rates. Caveat emptor, of course, as always, but a newcomer almost has to offer something out of the ordinary to get enough attention to get testimonials and word-of-mouth recommendations.

Good luck, OP! KBoarders are, on the whole, awesome people and great clients.
Serenity Editing Services - KBoards Yellow Pages

FREE Sample - Top-Notch Editing and Proofreading Services
serenityeditingservices.com/

Offline AngelinaC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 10:35:29 AM »
Bookmarked  :)

Offline Atlantisatheart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 11:41:57 AM »
Hmm, I just thought of a great plot - this would be a great way for gamers to get 3000 pages of brand new material all stuffed together from readable books, and sue the original authors for plagiarism when they try to launch their books.

Anyone think that story will fly?

Offline RD

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 11:55:25 AM »
I just gave them a go. I'll report back in little over a week with the results. My girlfriend and I do an aloud readthrough when we get the file back.

Offline AngelinaC

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 12:11:36 PM »
Hmm, I just thought of a great plot - this would be a great way for gamers to get 3000 pages of brand new material all stuffed together from readable books, and sue the original authors for plagiarism when they try to launch their books.

No, I don't think this would fly. People would never use editing or proofreading services if this was the case. Plus, you always have copy of the email as proof.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 07:43:35 AM »
I just gave them a go. I'll report back in little over a week with the results. My girlfriend and I do an aloud readthrough when we get the file back.

I am excited to get your feedback.  :)
Proofreading
$30 for one book

Line Editing
$50 for one book

Order or Pre-Order now

proofreadebooks.com

Offline BrianDHoward

• Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • Brian D Howard - Author
Re: eBook Proofreading Service $30 Flat Rate for All Books
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2017, 09:53:44 AM »
Definitely bookmarked!
Rectifier - the Electric Man: 20%

Riftworlds Book 1: 10%
Brian D Howard | Blog

Offline Guy Riessen

• View Profile
    • Guy Riessen Author of Dark Fiction
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 10:23:39 AM »
Hmm, I smell haddock.

Buyer beware!

Jeez man, its only $30, and if its not worth it, people will post and not use the again.

Seriously do you think that everyone who has 99 cent or even free series-entry books are scamming people?

This author is selling a 300 page book for 99 cents??? I smell haddock!

Guy Riessen | website

Offline AngelinaC

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2017, 10:57:54 AM »
I just got my short story proofread. Thank you! You did a good job. I will get back to you with my next story between 15 and 20 November. Thanks again!

Online Elvis English

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2017, 11:31:37 AM »
I am a longtime lurker but thought it might be useful to post my experience with Ebook Proofreading. I sent my file, a 96,000 word novel (hey, it said all books, right?) and got a quick reply that my file was received, so I paid with PayPal, and just a point of order here--it's 30 euro, not 30 dollars, so it cost approx $36. I got my book back today, a quick 5-day turnaround and was pleasantly surprised. She did what she said she would, efficiently, and with good cheer, so now I am dusting off some other projects to submit for proofreading. I am so pleased to have this obstacle behind me. Cheers to Roxana . . .

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2017, 11:58:35 AM »

It was a pleasure reading your book! For your next orders please change the currency to dollars.

Thank you!
Proofreading
$30 for one book

Line Editing
$50 for one book

Order or Pre-Order now

proofreadebooks.com

Online Elvis English

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2017, 12:21:17 PM »
You're right. I should have changed it to dollars, duh, never mind...

Offline cadle-sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2017, 12:54:00 PM »

And that's why you always upload your pre-proofed book to Amazon and "save as draft."

Offline Danawilliam

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 03:21:52 AM »
She did a great job proofreading my book. Thanks again!

Offline Anna Drake

• View Profile
    • Anna Drake
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 11:17:34 AM »
Roxana did one of my books for me. I am very pleased. The manuscript was returned ahead of schedule, and her work was most professional. I will use her service again. Thank you, Roxana.

Anna Drake | Website | Twitter | Amazon | Facebook

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 03:04:23 PM »
She did a great job proofreading my book. Thanks again!

Thank you!
Proofreading
$30 for one book

Line Editing
$50 for one book

Order or Pre-Order now

proofreadebooks.com

Offline RD

• View Profile
Re: eBook Proofreading Service $15 per book if you order in the next 24 hours
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 03:51:22 PM »
I got my book back ahead of schedule too. While I'm only about 40% through their editing, it's not bad. There are some things I caught, but for the money, it's absolutely worth it, better than some $50-70 proofreads I've got.