Author Topic: ***Proofreading Service $50 flat rate per book***  (Read 22680 times)  

Offline Moe D

• Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Proofreading Service --$30 / Line Editing $50 Flat Rate ORDER or PRE-ORDER
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2017, 02:09:54 PM »
What are your credentials? Additionally, what are the credentials of the people who seemingly work for you? I've been a lurker on kboards for a while and for weeks your thread was on the first page and I see it's back, but not once have you mentioned any credentials. There is also nothing on your website.

I'm trying to be diplomatic here, but it's seems like the same people keep responding to keep your thread on the first page. Don't you have an email they can contact you at? Instead of going back and forth here.

I've only ever used the services of qualified people. I'm not suggesting that you aren't, but how do I know that you are? I mean, $30 for proofing and $50 for a line edit seems too good to be true.

Offline RPatton

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2017, 03:51:17 PM »
Coming out of lurker mode to add my recommendation to Roxana. I used her proofreading services, and she exceeded my expectations. If I had to leave a grade, this would be a solid A from a tough grader.

First, whoever proofread my book wasn't looking out only for typos, it also included other suggestions. I'd say that this is definitely more Proofreading on Steroids than straight proofreading. Second, the turn around time is brilliant. It's speedy and yet I wouldn't say that the work suffers for the speed.

Not only would I recommend this service to others, but I plan on continuing to use her proofreading services for future projects.

Offline Moe D

• Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2017, 03:55:07 PM »
Coming out of lurker mode to add my recommendation to Roxana. I used her proofreading services, and she exceeded my expectations. If I had to leave a grade, this would be a solid A from a tough grader.

First, whoever proofread my book wasn't looking out only for typos, it also included other suggestions. I'd say that this is definitely more Proofreading on Steroids than straight proofreading. Second, the turn around time is brilliant. It's speedy and yet I wouldn't say that the work suffers for the speed.

Not only would I recommend this service to others, but I plan on continuing to use her proofreading services for future projects.

So you just joined to give a testimonial? And you don't know who proofread your book? I'm sorry, but now I'm more perplexed than I was before.

Offline RScott

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2017, 03:56:56 PM »
I had a very bad experience with this service.

I paid $50 for a line edit of a 100k manuscript. I think there were only perhaps a dozen or so edits/corrections. I gave the same manuscript (after the line edit) to some beta readers and they uncovered around 50+ simple errors/mistakes that were missed. I complained and never even got a reply. This was not worth the money for me. Will not be using again.

Dodge Tank: 100%

Shard Warrior: 100%

Shard Wraith: 97%

Offline Quills

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2017, 05:20:52 PM »
I tried the $15 proofread. The file was returned with only 12 corrections over 80,000 words. Only 3 were actually errors.

Online Ebook Proofreading

• View Profile
If you are not pleased with the final result, please email me and I will have another proofreader have a look. I have over 5 pages of positive reviews from customers but there's always room for improvement. My business is still new and I am doing my best to deliver the best possible service.  :)

This is an outstanding value. I received my manuscript back six days after I sent it.

I'm only 1/4 of a way through the manuscript, but I've found numerous corrections that were spot on, and have made my book better.

Once again, I learn I'm terrible at editing my own work!

I'll be using Roxana's service again for my next book.

Thank you so much for your orders and reviews!

-----------

Limited Offer

Order or Pre-Order:

Proofreading ----> $30 flat rate per book

OR

$60 for 3 books

Line Editing ----> $50 flat rate per book

OR $100 for 3 books

Delivery time:

7 Days

Order now:

*send the payment to the paypal address rothnotions@gmail.com
*email your books to booksfreelance@gmail.com

https://proofreadebooks.com/
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:34:46 AM by Ebook Proofreading »
Flat rate per book:
proofreadebooks.com

Offline RPatton

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2017, 01:30:31 PM »
So you just joined to give a testimonial? And you don't know who proofread your book? I'm sorry, but now I'm more perplexed than I was before.

I hesitated about responding to this. After a day, when the tone of the response still reads as passive accusations of sock-puppetry, I decided to answer directly.

I have lurked for quite some time and made an account back in May when I was about to make a post then thought better.

As for as proofing? Who cares if it's Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky, or Mike pointing out a missing word, homonym, or double word? Seriously, I don't expect a relationship with a proofreader because they aren't looking for voice and context. Roxana is upfront about it being a group/team and not telling anyone she is doing all of the proofreading. (Personally, I like to believe these are college students who are earning beer money, and more power to them.) I have not experienced anything dodgy and all of my communications with Roxana have been great.

As I said in my review, I paid for proofreading and got back my book in a timely manner with results exceeding my expectations. I have no problem recommending her proofreading services to others and plan on using her services again. If a future proofreading did not meet with my expectations, I have faith (from my previous conversations), that Roxana would attempt to resolve the situation to my satisfaction.

Offline Moe D

• Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2017, 04:07:55 PM »
I hesitated about responding to this. After a day, when the tone of the response still reads as passive accusations of sock-puppetry, I decided to answer directly.

I have lurked for quite some time and made an account back in May when I was about to make a post then thought better.

As for as proofing? Who cares if it's Ronnie, Bobby, Ricky, or Mike pointing out a missing word, homonym, or double word? Seriously, I don't expect a relationship with a proofreader because they aren't looking for voice and context. Roxana is upfront about it being a group/team and not telling anyone she is doing all of the proofreading. (Personally, I like to believe these are college students who are earning beer money, and more power to them.) I have not experienced anything dodgy and all of my communications with Roxana have been great.

As I said in my review, I paid for proofreading and got back my book in a timely manner with results exceeding my expectations. I have no problem recommending her proofreading services to others and plan on using her services again. If a future proofreading did not meet with my expectations, I have faith (from my previous conversations), that Roxana would attempt to resolve the situation to my satisfaction.

If it's college kids doing the proofing, that's great. But why not say it? And if you're happy not knowing who proofed you're work, more power to you.

But before I part with my cash I'd like some more info. I'd like to be able to ask some questions of the person proofing my book if I have questions. I've gone back and asked questions of my editor.

And it would be nice to have my questions answered here. Apparently that's not going to happen. The OP responded to others but not to me. If she doesn't want to answer that's her right, but the optics don't look good.

Offline thesios

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2017, 07:22:50 PM »
I used Roxana and was very pleased with the results.

She/they proofread 2 of my current stories and found some issues.  WHo cares if they are old lady at the retirement home or Kids in college

I would say that is good work, on top of that is was ONLY $30 per book.

I am going to try her editing next ;)

Offline emmapearce

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2017, 04:38:26 AM »
Roxana did my novella for me! She was quicker than I expected, and caught a bunch of mistakes I haven't seen through my revisions <3

Offline TiffanyNicole

• View Profile
I had a very bad experience with this service.

I paid $50 for a line edit of a 100k manuscript. I think there were only perhaps a dozen or so edits/corrections. I gave the same manuscript (after the line edit) to some beta readers and they uncovered around 50+ simple errors/mistakes that were missed. I complained and never even got a reply. This was not worth the money for me. Will not be using again.

Unfortunately I had the same experience and got no reply either.

• View Profile
Roxana did my novella for me! She was quicker than I expected, and caught a bunch of mistakes I haven't seen through my revisions <3

Thank you so much!

She/they proofread 2 of my current stories and found some issues.  WHo cares if they are old lady at the retirement home or Kids in college

Thank you so much!

The limited offer is still available.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 05:41:51 PM by Ann in Arlington »
Flat rate per book:
proofreadebooks.com

Offline TiffanyNicole

• View Profile
Re: Proofreading Service --$30 Flat Rate Per Book
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2017, 11:15:32 AM »

Unfortunately I had the same experience and got no reply either.

Correction: I received a reply with an apology and an offer for a free proofread. I went to an address I don't use for correspondence.

Offline thesios

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2017, 01:37:20 PM »
I just send two more manuscript for proofreading and scheduled a shorty for next week

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2017, 12:45:06 AM »
Correction: I received a reply with an apology and an offer for a free proofread. I went to an address I don't use for correspondence.

I am glad you found my reply!  :)

I just send two more manuscript for proofreading and scheduled a shorty for next week

Thank you again for your orders!

She/they proofread 2 of my current stories and found some issues. 

This is an outstanding value. I received my manuscript back six days after I sent it.

I'm only 1/4 of a way through the manuscript, but I've found numerous corrections that were spot on, and have made my book better.

Ok, what can I say, but Roxana did a good job.

My second book has been proofread 4 times already. I sent her 75% of the book as a test (approx 60k words). I did make a few upgrades so I figured I'd give her a try. I purchased the $15 package for proofreading. She found 15 legitimate errors and 2 errors that were more preference and could be read either way. None would be easy for a program to find (at least in my opinion). So I am forced to give her a thumbs up!  ;D I'm not a newbie and have been on the kboards for over a year.

Great job. I'm not sure how she's doing it for such a low price, but so far things look good for her company.

Used their service for proofreading a novella. I gave them a super short deadline and they more than delivered. Was 2 or 3 days I received my manuscript back. Definitely happy with the quick turn around that kept me on schedule. Thank you!

I sent out my 75,000 word novel for a proofread and received it back 3 days later. Around a dozen errors were found, mostly issues that spell check would not have found. I'm incredibly satisfied. I'll definitely use them again!

I am a longtime lurker but thought it might be useful to post my experience with Ebook Proofreading. I sent my file, a 96,000 word novel (hey, it said all books, right?) and got a quick reply that my file was received, so I paid with PayPal, and just a point of order here--it's 30 euro, not 30 dollars, so it cost approx $36. I got my book back today, a quick 5-day turnaround and was pleasantly surprised. She did what she said she would, efficiently, and with good cheer, so now I am dusting off some other projects to submit for proofreading. I am so pleased to have this obstacle behind me. Cheers to Roxana . . .

Roxana did one of my books for me. I am very pleased. The manuscript was returned ahead of schedule, and her work was most professional. I will use her service again. Thank you, Roxana.

Just chiming in to say that I'm trying things out, too. For $15, there's very little to lose and it's better than asking my English teacher friend for a favor. I don't expect to get feedback about how I should go back to writing literary short stories all the time.

I sent in work last week, and it was done two days early. I am going through the corrections now, and I'm pleased with the work.

I sent in one of my books and it turned out great. My 60k MS only took 3 days, and they found nearly 300 errors! I'm going to send another book. Thank you for this service.   :)

Sent two stories that had previously been proofread. Got them back in three days and I'm very satisfied. It's always good to have an extra pair of eyes.
Thanks Roxana and the team!

Roxana proofread my novella and only took a few days. Very happy with the results and will definitely be using this service again.

I handed in a 110k novel. It was supposed to take 7 days. I got it back after 4 and I'm very pleased with the result. I will definitely use this service again. In fact, I just bought the 3-book package.   ;D

Sent in a 106k manuscript. Got it back ahead of schedule.

Work is good, clean, professional. She found quite a few mistakes.
While the usual spelling errors were picked up, she also found:
-incorrect word substitutions,
-missing articles
-missing conjunctions
-Missing or incorrectly employed commas and other punctuation.

I noticed she did not find any issues with my dialog/quotation mark punctuation. Other editors have nitpicked that in my previous books. I'm not sure if I have simply altered my style to reflect this or if she used a different standard. Going over it now, I'm inclined to think that it's me and not her, though.

Bottom line?
It it is well worth fifteen or thirty, or even a hundred dollars. Fastest and easiest draft clean-up I've ever seen. If you have a good manuscript that needs a cleaning? I absolutely recommend her.

I decided on the 3-book, $45.00 deal. First manuscript came back several days ahead of schedule. Very satisfied with the proofed work!

Just chiming in to say that Roxana got it done and back to me in a little under three days, and it looks good. I plan to send the next two books her way.

Just popping in to say really pleased with the proofread, I like to think my manuscript was pretty clean but Roxanna picked up some mistakes including some wonky pronouns and a fair few random commas.  Quick and professional, definitely worth the fee.

Roxana is amazing! I sent her a 50K manuscript and she had it back to me within 3 days. The manuscript is clear of all typos and she even caught some awkward phrasing. I completely recommend this service and suggest you take her up on her $15 limited offer because she should *definitely* be charging more! ;D

Roxana rocks! She returned my 60K manuscript within 3 days, catching simple typos and some grammatical gaffs of mine. Quick and efficient, couldn't ask for more. And at these introductory rates, it's a huge bargain! I'll definitely be repeat customer.

Just chipping in to say I've just used Roxana's service for two books and I'm very pleased. Very quick and efficient service - will be using again!

Thank you, Roxana!

There's nothing like another proof read, especially when I go back for a tinker with the story. You give excellent value. I recommend your service.

Good service! There weren't many problems in my books - about fifteen in each. I'm pleased. I should mention that I did proofread both books very thoroughly before submitting them, so I wasn't expecting many errors.

I did sent my manuscripts. All of them. 32!  :P Already proofread. And she still found quite a few mistakes.  :o  I completely recommend this service.

Proofreading
$30 for one book

Line Editing
$50 for one book
OR $100 for 3 books

To order:

*email your book file to booksfreelance@gmail.com

If your books are not ready for proofreading or editing, you can pre-order. Pay now and submit the books whenever you are ready. I take pre-orders for 2018.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 01:11:20 AM by Ebook Proofreading »
Flat rate per book:
proofreadebooks.com

Offline Neputin

• View Profile
How do I order line editing of 3 books for $100?

My book isn't finished yet. So do  I just send the money via paypal and just email you the book when I finish it?

Offline It's A Mystery

• Oxford
    • View Profile
This is a fantastic service. Just got my manuscript back very quickly and with a very thorough proofread completed on it.

Thank you Roxana!

• View Profile
How do I order line editing of 3 books for $100?

My book isn't finished yet. So do  I just send the money via paypal and just email you the book when I finish it?

Yes, you can pre-order now and send the books as soon as you finish writing them.

This is a fantastic service. Just got my manuscript back very quickly and with a very thorough proofread completed on it.

Thank you Roxana!

Thank you for your order and review!  :)

=====

The price will go up soon! Take advantage and order before the end of the year! If you know how many books you plan to write, you can pre-order for 2018.

Order now:

https://proofreadebooks.com
Flat rate per book:
proofreadebooks.com

Offline Val Hunter

• View Profile
Re: Proofreading $30-book & Line Editing $50-book *LIMITED December Offer
« Reply #143 on: December 19, 2017, 09:15:08 PM »
I just wanted to chime in and give a big thanks to Roxana and her team.

She's proofed 3 books for me, and these were not short books. Yet each one was done in a week's time, and errors were caught. I am phenomenally pleased with the results.

Spelling errors, missing punctuation, quotations, and duplicate words or sentences, the things your average reader is likely to pick up on and care about, are all things Roxana caught when I sent my books her way!

In other words, at 30$ proofread or 50$ line edit, she's a bloody steal, and I cannot recommend this service enough.

• View Profile
Re: Proofreading $30-book & Line Editing $50-book *LIMITED December Offer
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2017, 02:01:26 PM »

She's proofed 3 books for me, and these were not short books. Yet each one was done in a week's time, and errors were caught. I am phenomenally pleased with the results.

Spelling errors, missing punctuation, quotations, and duplicate words or sentences, the things your average reader is likely to pick up on and care about, are all things Roxana caught when I sent my books her way!

In other words, at 30$ proofread or 50$ line edit, she's a bloody steal, and I cannot recommend this service enough.

Thank you so much for your orders!

Thank you Roxana!

She/they proofread 2 of my current stories and found some issues. 

Ok, what can I say, but Roxana did a good job.

My second book has been proofread 4 times already. I sent her 75% of the book as a test (approx 60k words). I did make a few upgrades so I figured I'd give her a try. I purchased the $15 package for proofreading. She found 15 legitimate errors and 2 errors that were more preference and could be read either way. None would be easy for a program to find (at least in my opinion). So I am forced to give her a thumbs up!  ;D I'm not a newbie and have been on the kboards for over a year.

Great job. I'm not sure how she's doing it for such a low price, but so far things look good for her company.

Used their service for proofreading a novella. I gave them a super short deadline and they more than delivered. Was 2 or 3 days I received my manuscript back. Definitely happy with the quick turn around that kept me on schedule. Thank you!

I sent out my 75,000 word novel for a proofread and received it back 3 days later. Around a dozen errors were found, mostly issues that spell check would not have found. I'm incredibly satisfied. I'll definitely use them again!

I am a longtime lurker but thought it might be useful to post my experience with Ebook Proofreading. I sent my file, a 96,000 word novel (hey, it said all books, right?) and got a quick reply that my file was received, so I paid with PayPal, and just a point of order here--it's 30 euro, not 30 dollars, so it cost approx $36. I got my book back today, a quick 5-day turnaround and was pleasantly surprised. She did what she said she would, efficiently, and with good cheer, so now I am dusting off some other projects to submit for proofreading. I am so pleased to have this obstacle behind me. Cheers to Roxana . . .

Roxana did one of my books for me. I am very pleased. The manuscript was returned ahead of schedule, and her work was most professional. I will use her service again. Thank you, Roxana.

Just chiming in to say that I'm trying things out, too. For $15, there's very little to lose and it's better than asking my English teacher friend for a favor. I don't expect to get feedback about how I should go back to writing literary short stories all the time.

I sent in work last week, and it was done two days early. I am going through the corrections now, and I'm pleased with the work.

I sent in one of my books and it turned out great. My 60k MS only took 3 days, and they found nearly 300 errors! I'm going to send another book. Thank you for this service.   :)

Sent two stories that had previously been proofread. Got them back in three days and I'm very satisfied. It's always good to have an extra pair of eyes.
Thanks Roxana and the team!

Roxana proofread my novella and only took a few days. Very happy with the results and will definitely be using this service again.

I handed in a 110k novel. It was supposed to take 7 days. I got it back after 4 and I'm very pleased with the result. I will definitely use this service again. In fact, I just bought the 3-book package.   ;D

Sent in a 106k manuscript. Got it back ahead of schedule.

Work is good, clean, professional. She found quite a few mistakes.
While the usual spelling errors were picked up, she also found:
-incorrect word substitutions,
-missing articles
-missing conjunctions
-Missing or incorrectly employed commas and other punctuation.

I noticed she did not find any issues with my dialog/quotation mark punctuation. Other editors have nitpicked that in my previous books. I'm not sure if I have simply altered my style to reflect this or if she used a different standard. Going over it now, I'm inclined to think that it's me and not her, though.

Bottom line?
It it is well worth fifteen or thirty, or even a hundred dollars. Fastest and easiest draft clean-up I've ever seen. If you have a good manuscript that needs a cleaning? I absolutely recommend her.

I decided on the 3-book, $45.00 deal. First manuscript came back several days ahead of schedule. Very satisfied with the proofed work!

Just chiming in to say that Roxana got it done and back to me in a little under three days, and it looks good. I plan to send the next two books her way.

Just popping in to say really pleased with the proofread, I like to think my manuscript was pretty clean but Roxanna picked up some mistakes including some wonky pronouns and a fair few random commas.  Quick and professional, definitely worth the fee.

Roxana is amazing! I sent her a 50K manuscript and she had it back to me within 3 days. The manuscript is clear of all typos and she even caught some awkward phrasing. I completely recommend this service and suggest you take her up on her $15 limited offer because she should *definitely* be charging more! ;D

Roxana rocks! She returned my 60K manuscript within 3 days, catching simple typos and some grammatical gaffs of mine. Quick and efficient, couldn't ask for more. And at these introductory rates, it's a huge bargain! I'll definitely be repeat customer.

Just chipping in to say I've just used Roxana's service for two books and I'm very pleased. Very quick and efficient service - will be using again!

Thank you, Roxana!

There's nothing like another proof read, especially when I go back for a tinker with the story. You give excellent value. I recommend your service.

Good service! There weren't many problems in my books - about fifteen in each. I'm pleased. I should mention that I did proofread both books very thoroughly before submitting them, so I wasn't expecting many errors.

I did sent my manuscripts. All of them. 32!  :P Already proofread. And she still found quite a few mistakes.  :o  I completely recommend this service.

NEW SERVICE

Book Blurb Writing Service --> $20

A book blurb is a short pitch to the reader about why they should choose your book. They are meant to entice a reader to find out what will happen. A high quality blurb can change a reader's mind from continuing to browse the shelves to putting your book in their basket.

https://proofreadebooks.com/
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:49:13 AM by Ebook Proofreading »
Flat rate per book:
proofreadebooks.com

• View Profile
May your holidays be filled with lots of happiness, peace, and love!  :)

I am available for orders or pre-orders.
Limited Offer

Order or Pre-Order:

Proofreading ----> $30 flat rate per book OR $15 per book IF you order or pre-order for 3 books or more.

Line Editing ----> $50 flat rate per book OR $30 per book IF you order or pre-order for 3 books or more.

Delivery time:

7 Days

Order now:

Follow the 2 steps above to order before the price changes. My team is waiting! 😊

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 12:52:19 AM by Ebook Proofreading »
Flat rate per book:
proofreadebooks.com

Offline caarsen

• View Profile
    • Carolyne Aarsen
I've received a manuscript back from Roxana the she proofread. I was very pleased with the level of editing. Plus it's a bargain for the price.

Coming Home to Family and Faith
Carolyne Aarsen | website | Facebook | Book Bub

• View Profile
Proofreading $15 flat rate per book (IF you order or pre-order for 3 books)
« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2018, 01:02:55 AM »
I've received a manuscript back from Roxana the she proofread. I was very pleased with the level of editing. Plus it's a bargain for the price.

Thank you for your order!  :)

-------

Order or Pre-Order:

Proofreading ----> $30 flat rate per book OR $15 per book IF you order or pre-order for 3 books or more. LIMITED

Line Editing ----> $50 flat rate per book OR $30 per book IF you order or pre-order for 3 books or more.   LIMITED

Delivery time:

7 Days

Order now:

Follow the 2 steps above to order or pre-order.
Flat rate per book:
proofreadebooks.com

Offline Danawilliam

• View Profile
Re: Proofreading $15 flat rate per book (IF you order or pre-order for 3 books)
« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2018, 10:23:09 AM »

-------

Order or Pre-Order:

Proofreading ----> $30 flat rate per book OR $15 per book IF you order or pre-order for 3 books or more. LIMITED

Line Editing ----> $50 flat rate per book OR $30 per book IF you order or pre-order for 3 books or more.   LIMITED

Delivery time:

7 Days

Order now:

Follow the 2 steps above to order or pre-order.

Do you also offer a discount if I order your blurb service for more books?

• View Profile
No, at the moment there is no discount for the blurb service. Here you have the special offers available:

Order or Pre-Order:

Flat rate per book:
proofreadebooks.com