Author Topic: Bestseller labels: Where do they display?  (Read 161 times)  

Offline Philip Gibson

• Laos (Moved from Yorkshire)
  • Philip and Cookie the Dog
    • View Profile
    • Hashtag Histories
Bestseller labels: Where do they display?
« on: October 12, 2017, 09:52:15 PM »
Nice to get bestseller labels even if they are for a relatively small category.  No idea how effective they are.  Anyone?

They don't display everywhere our books appear across the Amazon site, do they?

From what I see, they display in Also Boughts carousels, and pages brought up by keyword searches.

They do not display on our product (book) pages or sponsored products carousels.

Is that right?

Philip
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:56:30 PM by Philip Gibson »

What if there had been social media during important historical events?
Philip Gibson | Hashtag Histories | Word By Word Graded Readers for Children

Online David R. Larson

• Pacific NW
    • View Profile
    • Nobody's Nose
Re: Bestseller labels: Where do they display?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 09:57:56 PM »
I'm not sure we get them for every category. I was at #1 with LACED UP last night in this category:

Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Performing Arts

And no label, even if I search the way you mentioned. I was thinking maybe they don't give them out if it's a Kindle-only category?

David R. Larson | Big Boy (Short Film) | Website | Twitter

Offline AnnetteL

• USA
  • USA Today Bestselling Author
    • View Profile
    • Official Website
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 09:06:58 AM »
I've heard from several people that they're very effective, especially if you're #1 in a small category. That book will show up in searches far more often than #300 of a big category, and it'll sell more too.

Offline TwistedTales

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 12:55:14 PM »
The flag displays on your also bought and if its brought up in a search. If I remember rightly, I think it also shows on your author page. It wont show on your product page or the sponsored ads.

It reflects the number of sales (& borrows if you are in KU) you made in comparison to other books in your category. If you are in a highly competitive category then you sold a lot of books, meaning you will appear in a lot of also bought lists. In that case, with your book so well listed, you should continue to get more sales. If your category is not highly competitive, then you sold less books to make number one in the category, so you will appear in less also bought lists.

In theory, the flag might encourage more sales. Its hard to say if it does or doesnt, but it wouldnt have zero impact. To get the flag you have to be making a lot of sales, meaning its hard to know how many sales are derived from which sources.

I assumed the flag was given in every category, but Ive never seen anything that states the rules about which categories get flags.

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac