KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Tracking Book Sales: TrackerBox Mac Kickstarter is live (24 hours remain!)  (Read 1971 times)  

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Tracking Book Sales: TrackerBox Mac Kickstarter is live
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2017, 11:58:03 AM »
This is great news! I'm really excited and hope there is something to test by March (I know how these projects can "expand.")

Thank you for starting this!

It's not going to expand beyond the Windows version feature set. Now, have I considered all the issues? I think I have, but I've learned in 20 years of working in the software industry - no one ever manages to consider ALL the issues :)

Offline Alan Petersen

• San Francisco, CA
  • I write high octane thrillers.
    • View Profile
    • High Octane Action Thrillers from Alan Petersen
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2017, 12:20:07 PM »
Awesome news that the goal has been met! As one of the peeps that kept bugging Mark on his TrackerBox thread for a Mac version, this is very cool. I just backed this on KickStarter!

Online Devyn Jayse

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2017, 12:27:30 PM »
Late to the game, but just backed it  :D
Devyn Jayse | website | fantasy website

Online wingsandwords

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2017, 01:36:20 PM »
I just upped my pledge from $75 to $130, to hopefully help with giving you a buffer in case something comes up :) Besides, I have a virtual machine with Windows on it, so I can play with the Windows TrackerBox to get ready for the Mac version!

Izzy Shows | Website

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2017, 02:04:49 PM »
I just upped my pledge from $75 to $130, to hopefully help with giving you a buffer in case something comes up :) Besides, I have a virtual machine with Windows on it, so I can play with the Windows TrackerBox to get ready for the Mac version!

Thanks, I really appreciate it! You can download that Windows version right now and play with it, too! You'll get the key from me before the trial expires. Also, the publisher file that you make in the Windows version will transfer directly to the Mac version when it's ready.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2017, 11:46:21 AM »
There's one week left of the TrackerBox Mac Kickstarter. If you back the campaign before it ends, besides getting the discount, you'll get beta access, too.

I really appreciate everyone's help with this. I don't post a lot outside of these TrackerBox threads, but I'm always lurking and reading. The Writers' Cafe, here, has one of the best groups of writers anywhere on the internet.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/markfassett/trackerbox-mac-track-your-book-sales-on-osx/posts/2041085

Online C.F.

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2017, 12:17:36 PM »
Are there any plans to support importing data from Book Report? I've been publishing since 2012 and rather than import every month's report, it would be nice to simply download all the data from Book Report and then import it into TrackerBox, if that's possible.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2017, 12:40:52 PM »
Are there any plans to support importing data from Book Report? I've been publishing since 2012 and rather than import every month's report, it would be nice to simply download all the data from Book Report and then import it into TrackerBox, if that's possible.

There aren't currently any plans. The data dump Book Report provides loses too much of the detail.

Online C.F.

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2017, 01:54:45 PM »
There aren't currently any plans. The data dump Book Report provides loses too much of the detail.

Thanks for the reply! I guess I'll just have to block off an afternoon to import everything when I get my copy of TrackerBox. Any idea when the beta will be available?

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2017, 02:24:27 PM »
Thanks for the reply! I guess I'll just have to block off an afternoon to import everything when I get my copy of TrackerBox. Any idea when the beta will be available?

First, it probably won't take you an afternoon (other than downloading the reports from Amazon). The import process is actually pretty quick, though that does depend on the number of books you have. On the Windows version, the select file dialog will let you select all of your reports at once, and I hope to be able to do the same thing for the Mac.

As for the Beta version, I'm aiming for early February. On the Kickstarter page, I think I said "first usable version", which really means "beta". I might have "testable" versions before that, though. It really depends on how well the code translation goes and how many UI bits I have to build from scratch. I've got an idea of the size of it, but there are always things you don't think of, no matter how thorough you are. I do expect the importing part to be fairly flawless fairly early, as it is fairly straightforward. It's all the "pretty" parts that will take time :)

Offline ilamont

• Mass.
    • View Profile
    • In 30 Minutes Guides Official Site
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2017, 10:34:51 AM »
Mark, regarding the UI question: Are you seeking to duplicate the Trackerbox for Windows UI?

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2017, 11:24:51 AM »
Mark, regarding the UI question: Are you seeking to duplicate the Trackerbox for Windows UI?

I intend it to have essentially the same set of features. Mostly, I intend the report window to be laid out in the same way, though I imagine that they'll float around on the desktop in a more mac-like fashion instead of being enclosed in a single app window. If you know the windows version, you'll be able to figure out the Mac version without too much effort.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Tracking Book Sales: TrackerBox Mac Kickstarter is live (3 days left!)
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2017, 01:12:38 PM »
There are only three days left to get in on the discount and beta access for TrackerBox Mac (the discount applies to the windows version, too)! It's only come this far because of everyone's support, so thank you all!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/markfassett/trackerbox-mac-track-your-book-sales-on-osx

Online John Anthony

• Minnesota
  • Aging Gen Xer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2017, 02:22:13 PM »
As for the Beta version, I'm aiming for early February. On the Kickstarter page, I think I said "first usable version", which really means "beta". I might have "testable" versions before that, though. It really depends on how well the code translation goes and how many UI bits I have to build from scratch. I've got an idea of the size of it, but there are always things you don't think of, no matter how thorough you are. I do expect the importing part to be fairly flawless fairly early, as it is fairly straightforward. It's all the "pretty" parts that will take time :)

I've already contributed Mark, so congrats on getting funded. Quick question- Will supporters only have access to the BETA version, but not the actual final product? I'm a little confused about that. Sorry if I've missed a message somewhere.

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2017, 05:15:22 PM »
I've already contributed Mark, so congrats on getting funded. Quick question- Will supporters only have access to the BETA version, but not the actual final product? I'm a little confused about that. Sorry if I've missed a message somewhere.

No, you get the whole thing! Final version PLUS beta access. Sorry if this was confusing.

Online John Anthony

• Minnesota
  • Aging Gen Xer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2017, 06:22:54 PM »
No, you get the whole thing! Final version PLUS beta access. Sorry if this was confusing.
Thanks for clarifying, Mark. I was just having a glitch somewhere in my comprehension. I'll blame it on aging. ;) Looking forward to the release!

Offline Vale

• View Profile
Re: Tracking Book Sales: TrackerBox Mac Kickstarter is live (40 hours left!)
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2017, 08:27:51 PM »
Congratulations on getting funded =]

Offline Mark Fassett

• Western Wa
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Tracking Book Sales: TrackerBox Mac Kickstarter is live (40 hours left!)
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2017, 11:47:53 AM »
Thanks Vale (and everyone else)! KBoards members have been essential in it's success. 2nd largest referrer (behind FaceBook).

24 hours left!