KB Featured
Flight of the Tarantula Hawk
by Michael Allan Scott

$0.99
Kindle Edition published 2014-02-10
Bestseller ranking: 4698

Product Description
On the IndieReader Best Book list and featured on NBC's Daytime Show, the second book in the Lance Underphal Mystery series is part of a new breed of supernatural thrillers which can be read and enjoyed in any order. Dark, different, featuring a damaged psychic, this is one of those disturbing novels that keeps you guessing.

Download the sample or use the "Look inside" feature for a FREE E-book offer.

Supernatural Murder Mystery - Realtor Carla Simon has her first showing in nearly eighteen months. Recovering from a nervous breakdown, she arrives at the bank-owned foreclosure well ahead of her prospect. When her buyer pins her against the wall, it turns out to be the last house she'll ever show.

Looking for a new breed of supernatural thrillers? Paranormal mysteries of murder and suspense? Perhaps a psychic detective series which can be read and enjoyed in any order? Or maybe one of t...

Author Topic: Kindle Watch! -- New Oasis  (Read 14443 times)  

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
Re: Kindle Watch! -- New Oasis
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2017, 05:54:10 PM »
Mine won't get here until Friday, but I am so exited for all of you getting them on Tuesday

Member since 11/20/2008 | Atunah's Romance Haus | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Online ellenoc

• Colorado
  • Mystery and romance
    • View Profile
    • Ellen O'Connell
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2017, 06:11:17 PM »
You guys will be all over the excitement and on to something else by the time mine arrives. I'm the one getting free standard shipping and didn't order until a couple of days ago, so delivery is given as November 22-24.

However, the discussion about how soon a new device shows up on your account made me go check, and my Oasis (8 GB, wifi only, SO) already shows as mine. I renamed it, but I'm not creative about that. I give my Kindles a phone number or email address as a name in hope if I ever misplace one whoever finds it will contact me.

Thanks for the mention of Mobile Reads reviews already up. What's there is encouraging.

Offline Toby

• MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2017, 07:26:41 PM »
No cc pinged & no shipping for me either.

Offline chele162

• Illinois
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2017, 07:58:57 PM »
My credit card finally got charged and I got a tracking number! I got an email from UPS saying that I have a package coming but it says its arriving on 11/1. My order page on Amazon still says 10/31. Im going to be really ticked off if I dont get it on Tuesday when I ordered on the announcement day, because of Amazons shipping. Oh well. Ive got my fingers crossed that the date will move.

Offline TwistedPenguin

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2017, 08:34:41 PM »
Arg! You guys are so lucky! Ive been checking all summer waiting for a new Kindle to come out and didnt even know it had til now :-( I ordered it today  but  it wont get it until Nov 30th, it says. Waiting a full​ month is going to be so hard.  I cant believe they're back ordered so long.

Offline crisandria

• CT
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2017, 02:55:30 AM »
Its on its way.  Shipped at 2:30 am today.   Delivery Tuesday
crisandria

Offline jaspertyler

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2017, 03:17:48 AM »
Mine was scheduled to arrive tomorrow.  I checked this morning and the date slipped to Nov 7 :(

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2017, 03:39:54 AM »
My credit card finally got charged and I got a tracking number! I got an email from UPS saying that I have a package coming but it says its arriving on 11/1. My order page on Amazon still says 10/31. Im going to be really ticked off if I dont get it on Tuesday when I ordered on the announcement day, because of Amazons shipping. Oh well. Ive got my fingers crossed that the date will move.

No point in getting ticked off prematurely. Your order says 10/31 -- think positively. But if you feel the need to do SOMETHING. Take a screenshot of it and, in the event it does NOT arrive tomorrow, send a pleasantly worded email asking why and request a credit for late shipping. If you're nice about it, you'll likely get it. :)

Caveat: if there's something extreme in the way of weather or other transportation disruption, that's a different story. But that doesn't seem to be a problem at the moment.

Mine was scheduled to arrive tomorrow.  I checked this morning and the date slipped to Nov 7 :(

THAT, on the other hand, is a big enough difference that I might ask the question NOW. :o Or, wait until tomorrow and hope it's a glitch. Seems very strange. ???

Me: no change in shipping or email with a notice; it still says shipping soon, and indicates arrival tomorrow by 8 p.m.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:42:11 AM by Ann in Arlington »

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline astroboy

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2017, 04:40:04 AM »
Monday AM and it STILL hasn't shipped, still isn't listed in My Devices and card hasn't been charged. Still says delivery is for Oct. 31 but instead of by 8PM, it now says 11PM. I'm glad I ordered it minutes after the Oasis 2 announcement was made, for all the good it did. Calling Amazon soon but I expect the date will slip into November somewhere.  :'(

Offline Eilene

• Maryland
  • Believe in yourself...never give up
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2017, 06:45:37 AM »
Mine still says Pre Order and says estimated arrival October 31 by 8pm. Estimated could mean anytime after that.
Eilene

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind   
                                                 Dr.Seuss

Offline kschles

• Laurel, Maryland
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2017, 06:51:19 AM »
Mine hasnt shipped either. However, I live about 12 miles from an Amazon warehouse. The only wrinkle that might develop is delivery by USPS. My local post office is a little bonkers. Mail delivered anytime from 10:00 am until 8:00 pm. Changes day to day. Occasionally they will list some silly excuse for non-delivery on time. Last week it was the lack of a code or key for the front door to my building. I live in a townhouse with a front porch, where USPS always leaves packages. They usually deliver the next day. Suspect these excuses are for Amazons benefit.
Ken

Offline kschles

• Laurel, Maryland
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2017, 07:04:12 AM »
Yeah...my credit card was just charged a lot of money by Amazon (normally not something I celebrate).
Ken

Offline northofdivision

• Chicago
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2017, 07:08:51 AM »
Brooklyn. Marked as shipped and arriving tomorrow by 8pm. The fun is about to begin, everyone!!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:06:49 AM by northofdivision »
Stanley
=====
Blackberry KeyOne, Ipad Air2
Kindle 2,3G,4,PW2, Voyage, Oasis
Kobo HD Glo, Kobo Aura One 8", Sony 5" PRS-350 w/multi-font/Zork hack

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline chele162

• Illinois
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2017, 07:38:24 AM »
No point in getting ticked off prematurely. Your order says 10/31 -- think positively. But if you feel the need to do SOMETHING. Take a screenshot of it and, in the event it does NOT arrive tomorrow, send a pleasantly worded email asking why and request a credit for late shipping. If you're nice about it, you'll likely get it. :)

Caveat: if there's something extreme in the way of weather or other transportation disruption, that's a different story. But that doesn't seem to be a problem at the moment.

Yes, very true. Im still remaining optimistic that UPS will pull through and Ill have it tomorrow. I did go ahead and take a few screenshots that say Im supposed to get it on Tuesday. Ill definitely be contacting Amazon if something goes awry. No bad weather here in IL but the package is coming from NJ. So maybe between here and there.

Offline Ragdoll12

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2017, 07:56:24 AM »
Just read 3 of my favorite words, out for delivery! It's coming UPS  :)

Offline jkingrph

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2017, 08:03:27 AM »
I missed the early order date, and placed my order last week.  The order says shipment on Nov 24.  You early birds are lucky.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2017, 08:13:24 AM »
On the main order page mine now says shipping today. When I click to track it still has delivery expected by tomorrow 8 p.m. but no delivery tracking.

I do think it's at the Warehouse in Springfield -- they'll probably 'ship' it today by having UPS pick it up late tonight or early tomorrow and deliver it to me in Arlington -- not even 10 miles away. :D

They have debited my Gift Card balance, which triggered an auto re-load. And the balance is a pending charge on my CC.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline cagnes

• Louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Bayou Cover Designs
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2017, 08:37:14 AM »
My main order page says "Arriving Mon, Nov 6, Shipping today".  When I click "track package" it still shows, "Expected to ship Nov 3 - Arriving Nov 6, 2017" as it's been since I placed the order on 10/21.

My credit card shows the sale as pending, so I sure hope this means it will ship earlier and I'll receive it before Nov. 6! **crossing fingers**  :)

Christine | Member since 10/13/2009 | Goodreads | Bayou Cover Designs | Bayou Cover Designs on the KBoards Yellow Pages
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.  ― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2017, 08:59:31 AM »
I had paid for 1 day ship to get it Friday the 3rd, instead of the 6th it said with 2 day prime. My order says now preparing for shipment, but still says it gets here by Friday and will ship on Thursday. My credit card has a pending now on the cost.
I still expect to get it on Friday as planned though.

Member since 11/20/2008 | Atunah's Romance Haus | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Offline Eilene

• Maryland
  • Believe in yourself...never give up
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2017, 09:21:39 AM »
I'm disappointed...Mine just updated to arrive on Nov 28....so I ordered one at Best Buy & it is coming Nov 1! I paid extra though for shipping.
Also LOVE the new update!!!! ❤️
Eilene

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind   
                                                 Dr.Seuss

Offline quadtronix

• New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2017, 10:26:39 AM »
Mine just shipped and says arriving tomorrow by 8pm... when I tap track package it says it's on the way... I hope that this is acurate!! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline northofdivision

• Chicago
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2017, 10:39:19 AM »
i forget. Does UPS leave it at the door or do they require a signature for Kindles? Can't remember what happened the past few times.
Stanley
=====
Blackberry KeyOne, Ipad Air2
Kindle 2,3G,4,PW2, Voyage, Oasis
Kobo HD Glo, Kobo Aura One 8", Sony 5" PRS-350 w/multi-font/Zork hack

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline GSDlady

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2017, 10:46:05 AM »
Mine hasnt shipped either. However, I live about 12 miles from an Amazon warehouse. The only wrinkle that might develop is delivery by USPS. My local post office is a little bonkers. Mail delivered anytime from 10:00 am until 8:00 pm. Changes day to day. Occasionally they will list some silly excuse for non-delivery on time. Last week it was the lack of a code or key for the front door to my building. I live in a townhouse with a front porch, where USPS always leaves packages. They usually deliver the next day. Suspect these excuses are for Amazons benefit.

I would call these excuses "lies". On one delivery that was switched from Amazon to USPS I got a message that delivery was attempted at 11 pm and couldn't be completed because the mailbox was locked. My mailbox isn't locked and at 11 pm I was sitting at my computer in the dining room still hoping the item would be delivered. I definitely would have heard anyone attempting to unlock my "locked" mailbox. Every time this happens with USPS I write to Amazon to tell them what goes on, but I doubt it does any good.

Offline John Hopper

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2017, 10:51:08 AM »
Mine just shipped and says arriving tomorrow by 8pm... when I tap track package it says it's on the way... I hope that this is acurate!! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'm in the UK. Mine was dispatched about an hour ago, still scheduled for delivery tomorrow. There is no specified time, but on past patterns, I would expect to get it late morning or early afternoon.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline rlkubi

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2017, 11:08:23 AM »
Mine was scheduled to be delivered on the 7th but they have authorized payment and says shipping today?  Should i be excited or is it just a tease,?