Kindle Forum banner

Kindle Watch! -- New Oasis

28K views 205 replies 55 participants last post by  Wisteria Clematis 
#1 ·
We're 10 days from release day, so I figured it was about time to start this thread. ;D

If you wish, let everyone know if you ordered one (when), which you ordered, and when you expect it to be delivered. You may also share whether or not you're a Prime customer or if you paid for quicker shipping. I'll start.

Ordered on the day it was announced, October 11
8GB, WiFi only, Special offers
No cover ordered
Delivery expected on release day, October 31
I am a Prime customer, used 'standard' 2 day shipping -- didn't pay for faster.

#53 ·
Well, I'm finally on Kindle Watch - kind of. After whining in the trade-in thread last night because I hadn't heard from Amazon about my Voyage trade-in, I got the message from Amazon today. So....

I used the Apple credit and ordered a merlot cover a while ago for fear merlot would go on back order the way it did with Oasis 1.

Just a few minutes ago, I ordered the 8 gig Oasis with special offers and didn't even get a potential delivery date. Don't know why I did that. I always get them with special offers to save the $20 then promptly decide I can't stand it and get the s.o. removed. Who am I fooling? Me?

I don't have Prime and just check for free delivery, which is the slowest way. Not only that, I've noticed lately they hold the order and don't ship it for a week or so because it used to be ordering that way got delivery pretty darn quick. The reason I dumped Prime after one year was several times I ordered something that supposedly was Prime and it took a week to 10 days to arrive. When I know delivery will be slow, I can be patient, but when I'm paying for fast and it doesn't happen I get antsy.

Anyway, I'm sure I''ll have it by Christmas. :)

#55 ·
Mine has changed from shipping 10/27 to shipping soon, as well.  But it’s makjng some progress on the Your Devices page, yesterday it had 23 for the pic and type was dummy, today it has a pic of the new Oasis and type is Kindle Oasis (9th generation).  But still no serial number. 

#62 ·
:( I'm getting worried. It's Sunday morning and mine still hasn't shipped. It used to say that it was shipping on the 27th. But it still says that it's arriving Tuesday. Not optimistic that that's gonna happen. Nothing has appeared on the My Devices page, either. I placed my order minutes after the new Oasis was announced.

#63 ·
astroboy said:
:( I'm getting worried. It's Sunday morning and mine still hasn't shipped. It used to say that it was shipping on the 27th. But it still says that it's arriving Tuesday. Not optimistic that that's gonna happen. Nothing has appeared on the My Devices page, either. I placed my order minutes after the new Oasis was announced.
I don't think you need to worry. Likely the units have already been shipped to various Amazon warehouses -- mine's probably sleeping less than 10 miles from me right now. :eek: Which means to get it to people on time they won't really need to have it picked up until the day before. So I'm expecting it to show 'shipped' by the end of the day tomorrow.

But . . . don't you have it showing on your devices page as "astroboy's Xth kindle"? Mine has been there since I placed the order. For the longest time it had 'dummy string' under type, but now it definitely says "Kindle Oasis (9th Generation)" -- which is confusing for other reasons, but, whatever. :) I haven't checked that in a couple of days so am not sure exactly when it changed. Still it SHOULD be listed on your devices page unless you marked it as a gift.

#66 ·
Still no serial number, card has not been debited,  Not sure why I start getting worried,  still showing 10/31 delivery...

I’ve done this lots of times, last year it all updated/card charged late the day before it arrived.  I really need to learn more patience.......some how I know I’ll still be checking amazon multiple times today and tomorrow

#67 ·
I was checking Amazon hourly until I got the shipment notice.  Latest info is it left Wisconsin yesterday.  Mine is coming via USPS so it needs to be in East Point, GA by Monday night for met to get Tuesday.  At least with USPS I know I will have it before noon. 

#70 ·
kschles said:
When I was a kid (a really long time ago), I used to get excited about Christmas. Not the religious part (that would be too mature), but the presents part. Really hard to go to sleep on Christmas Eve sometimes, in anticipation of what would be there in the morning. Thanks, Amazon, for rekindling those memories.
That's why I'm going to wait until December to order, and not open it until Christmas morning.

I remember reading that customers really enjoy waiting for a package to ship, and then monitoring its progress. So enjoy your anticipation!

#71 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
Unlikely, Shiny, since it's not officially released before Tuesday.

I'm guessing they just want to be sure that the things are near enough to final destinations that there won't be a problem delivering even if there's weather or something. :)
Some people on Mobile Reads received theirs yesterday and there are some early impressions posted over there. Very positive. The bold font update isn't on it yet, though that may be precisely because the Oasis is not officially released until Tuesday.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.