KB Featured
Flight of the Tarantula Hawk
by Michael Allan Scott

$0.99
Kindle Edition published 2014-02-10
Bestseller ranking: 4698

Product Description
On the IndieReader Best Book list and featured on NBC's Daytime Show, the second book in the Lance Underphal Mystery series is part of a new breed of supernatural thrillers which can be read and enjoyed in any order. Dark, different, featuring a damaged psychic, this is one of those disturbing novels that keeps you guessing.

Download the sample or use the "Look inside" feature for a FREE E-book offer.

Supernatural Murder Mystery - Realtor Carla Simon has her first showing in nearly eighteen months. Recovering from a nervous breakdown, she arrives at the bank-owned foreclosure well ahead of her prospect. When her buyer pins her against the wall, it turns out to be the last house she'll ever show.

Looking for a new breed of supernatural thrillers? Paranormal mysteries of murder and suspense? Perhaps a psychic detective series which can be read and enjoyed in any order? Or maybe one of t...

Author Topic: Oasis 2017 -- options to the Amazon cases  (Read 5706 times)  

Offline Susan J

• Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Oasis 2017 -- options to the Amazon cases
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2017, 06:39:19 AM »
Has anyone seen any good new cases come out for the new Oasis?  I don't like reading without a cover but I didn't like the Amazon cover at all.

I returned the AMZN cloth cover and ordered this one which I am suppposed to receive next week. 

MoKo Case for All-New Kindle Oasis (9th Generation, 2017 Release) - Premium Ultra Lightweight Shell Cover with Auto Wake / Sleep for Amazon Kindle Oasis E-reader Case, BLACK

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0771GQ3X3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Online ellenoc

• Colorado
  • Mystery and romance
    • View Profile
    • Ellen O'Connell
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 09:46:56 AM »
I returned the AMZN cloth cover and ordered this one which I am suppposed to receive next week. 

MoKo Case for All-New Kindle Oasis (9th Generation, 2017 Release) - Premium Ultra Lightweight Shell Cover with Auto Wake / Sleep for Amazon Kindle Oasis E-reader Case, BLACK

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0771GQ3X3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I didn't wait for the Amazon cover I ordered to arrive but canceled it. When I ordered, I didn't realize it was that suede finish like the walnut covers for Oasis 1. I have one of those and dislike it. The lousy reviews on the Oasis 2 covers cinched it. So I just ordered the above to have something when my Oasis 2 arrives (scheduled for Thanksgiving week). I'd rather have something pretty in a color, but for $15 at least it's a cover and I can get 3 more covers like Moto's later and still not spend what the Amazon cover was going to cost.

Offline Susan J

• Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2017, 10:02:46 AM »
I didn't wait for the Amazon cover I ordered to arrive but canceled it. When I ordered, I didn't realize it was that suede finish like the walnut covers for Oasis 1. I have one of those and dislike it. The lousy reviews on the Oasis 2 covers cinched it. So I just ordered the above to have something when my Oasis 2 arrives (scheduled for Thanksgiving week). I'd rather have something pretty in a color, but for $15 at least it's a cover and I can get 3 more covers like Moto's later and still not spend what the Amazon cover was going to cost.

That's what I thought too.  I tend to avoid black since at one time I had so many tablets, etc. in black and couldn't find anything.  I just realized that all our tablets are now in different bright colors so at least I will be able to differentiate the Oasis.

Offline TwistedPenguin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2017, 11:13:23 PM »
I haven't purchased a cover.  I'm hoping for one of the companies to make something like this for the Oasis 2.  I have two of these for my Voyage and I love them.

Ive got those for 4 or 5 tablets and love them :-) They're my favorite case and the colors are wonderful. I want just a plain gray for my Oasis 2, cant wait til they come out for it.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2017, 05:18:31 AM »
I just found this one:

Price is $8.50, with shipping it comes to $11.99. Delivery first week of December -- I will report back.

There are other colors/patterns, as well.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline rlkubi

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2017, 05:28:39 AM »
Ann, I saw that too but I wish we could get one sooner.  I really don't like to read without a case.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2017, 05:41:00 AM »
Ann, I saw that too but I wish we could get one sooner.  I really don't like to read without a case.

Yeah . . . but I think it's a case of the various case makers just needing time to design and produce . . . .

Here's another thing: even the Amazon cases all say 'usually ships within 1 to 2 months'. :o SERIOUSLY? 

I currently have mine in a sleeve -- doesn't quite fit, but I'm not carrying it around. I read it with no cover; the grippy stuff I put on it helps with the tendency to slipperyness.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline GirlFriday

• Love One Another
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2017, 01:10:31 AM »
I wish Oberon would make a case or sleeve.
Proud owner of a Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, and Phone X

Offline CarolineAM

• Bay Shore, NY
    • View Profile
    • My Photography Page on Facebook
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2017, 08:12:33 AM »
I wish Oberon would make a case or sleeve.

Me, too....  I've contacted Oberon Design, and was told that they ARE in the process of making one :) :) :)  In the meantime, if you have an old Kindle Touch or even Kindle 2 cover by Oberon, you can modify them for a makeshift New Oasis cover.  I put up a video showing how on my youtube channel.  I'm not sure this will show as a link or not, but the address to the video is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLidv75WNgE&t=773s  .

I also give a bit of a history to the Kindle covers as well as a mini review of the New Oasis in the video, but it you sit it out, you will see just what I did...  I am currently using it in an old Kindle Touch cover that I modified to fit the New Oasis :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 08:16:52 AM by CarolineAM »
>^..^<   CarolineAM
Kindle Voyage, Oasis, New Oasis
Kindle Fire 7" HDX and 6" HD

Offline Lizzarddance

• Arizona
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2017, 08:16:36 AM »
Looks like the 3rd party covers are available. Several brands and styles. It's a few pages in when you do a search.
Since March '08

Offline cagnes

• Louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Bayou Cover Designs
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2017, 10:14:24 AM »
Just noticed that Fintie has one available.

Price: $12.99 + $4.99 shipping

Christine | Member since 10/13/2009 | Goodreads | Bayou Cover Designs | Bayou Cover Designs on the KBoards Yellow Pages
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.  ― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

Online ellenoc

• Colorado
  • Mystery and romance
    • View Profile
    • Ellen O'Connell
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2017, 12:13:11 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, cagnes. I just ordered the Fintie one in the Galaxy pattern and canceled the order for the plain black Moto. At least I hope I canceled the Moto one. It wasn't supposed to come till December, but they don't automatically cancel. They make you give a reason and say cancellation is up to the 3d party seller. I guess if I'm stuck with it, the world won't end, but it won't give me warm fuzzies toward Moto. The Fintie cover should arrive about the same time as my Oasis, currently 11/17.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2017, 03:01:46 PM »
Just noticed that Fintie has one available.

Price: $12.99 + $4.99 shipping

That's good news . . . . I'll keep watch for more colors/patterns.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)

Offline kindlecollector

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2017, 07:00:47 PM »
I have ordered two snap-on covers for the new Kindle Oasis 7", both shipping from China apparently so a bit of a wait.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07786T4P8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0771GQ3X3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The second is a MOKO cover and on the same page Amazon now shows a second design more colorful version as Prime available though not in stock till the 22nd.

Online ellenoc

• Colorado
  • Mystery and romance
    • View Profile
    • Ellen O'Connell
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2017, 10:22:45 PM »
My Fintie cover arrived today and is now on my OA2. I'm one of those who keeps a cover on a Kindle all the time, which is good because this case snaps on, and getting the OA2 back out of it would be a project. This cover would be a major fail for those who want a case they can pop their Kindle out of for reading.

Also this is a book cover style case, not one with a built in stand.

It's well done with neat cut outs with plenty of room to plug in the charger and reach the wake/sleep button. It covers the entire back of the OA2 and conforms to the shape. However, if the left side of the cover is folded all the way back, the only way to reach the thicker side of the back for purposes of holding the device would be to slip your fingers under that folded back front cover.

The surprise for me is weight. I expected this case to be as light as the Amazon covers for the OA1, which may have been unrealistic. The other Fintie cover I had was for a Voyage, and since I wanted a stand-up cover at that time, it's been a while since I handled that one. (I cut it up and glued the snap on part to the back of a stand-up cover and made what I wanted.) I remember it as extremely light and without as much front padding as this new one. This cover is an ounce heavier than the charging cover of the OA1 and so adds that much to the difference in weight between the OA1 and OA2. I didn't expect that and maybe should have since this one covers the entire back.

Since I do almost all of my reading with a Kindle in a stand and the weight isn't important, this cover works for me. For those who hold their Kindles and are already concerned about the OA2 being heavier than its predecessor, maybe that won't be true.

Offline shalym

• New England
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2017, 05:42:23 AM »
I got both the Fintie and the Moko cases delivered yesterday, and I agree with ellenoc that the Fintie adds weight.  Interestingly, though, it doesn't really *feel* heavier.  It's actually more comfortable for me to hold this case than it is to hold with the official waterproof case, and definitely easier to hold than the naked reader.  The front cover of the Fintie is padded, which is interesting, and the inside of the front cover is...interesting.  The material on the inside cover feels soft, but a little weird.  I also noticed that when I'm sitting on the couch with the cover folded back, I can rest it on the arm of the couch and it will kind of stick to it.  Not sticky like it's hard to remove, but sticky like it won't slide down the side of the couch...kind of like a felt board, but it's not felt.

I'm going to go through today with the Fintie, and then try the Moko case tomorrow.  The Moko case is more like the other Fintie cases I've owned.  It's extremely thin, and only weighs 2 grams more than the official waterproof case.  The inside also feels more like the other Fintie covers I've had. 

I've attached a couple of pictures so that you can see what they look like.  In the first picture the Fintie is the brown one, and the Moko is the black.  In the second, the Moko is on top, and the Fintie on the bottom.

Shari
my read shelf on goodreads:

Offline rlkubi

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2017, 06:36:11 AM »
I received my Fintie cover yesterday too and I've had them in the past.  This is a nice covet but more padded on the front and heavier.  I don't like to read without a cover but I'm hoping a more lightweight cover will be sold in the future.  For now this is better.

Offline shalym

• New England
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2017, 06:38:02 AM »
Check out this cover by Moko:  https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0771GQ3X3/

Shari
my read shelf on goodreads:

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2017, 06:47:51 AM »
I just found this:

About $14 and available via Prime, so no additional shipping costs. Looks like it's a multi-purpose slip case, which appeals, but I feel like maybe it should have some sort of handle, belt loop, strap, or something. Also looks a little stiff. Several covers available. I'm thinking about it. Being a Prime item, at least it wouldn't be hard to return if it didn't work for me.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)

Offline spiritedcharm

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2017, 07:32:23 AM »
I just ordered this.  I cancelled the over priced amazon cover and ordered it at the new price of $39.99. Ill keep my Oasis in this sleeve until the official cover arrives. Thank you for the link!

I just found this:

About $14 and available via Prime, so no additional shipping costs. Looks like it's a multi-purpose slip case, which appeals, but I feel like maybe it should have some sort of handle, belt loop, strap, or something. Also looks a little stiff. Several covers available. I'm thinking about it. Being a Prime item, at least it wouldn't be hard to return if it didn't work for me.

Offline Shapeshifter

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2017, 04:57:36 AM »
Heads up it looks like Oberon are going to make a cover for the new Oasis as well. The following is an answer to a visitor post on their facebook page.

'Thanks Caroline.  We are considering covers for the New Oasis.  Stay tuned.'

Offline spiritedcharm

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2017, 04:59:54 AM »
Here is the detailed answer I got from Oberon:

Were just getting into conversation about the new Oasis.  There has been quite a lot of demand in the last weeks for covers for this new model.  At this time, were not able to pursue new design work (unfortunately, untimely back up due to fire evacuations so close to Holiday prep) but theres certainly discussion.  We wont look seriously at possible designs until the new year, when we have more time to dedicate to working it out.  Presently, the Oasis doesnt match basic dimensions for any current products so were looking at ground-up design. When we are able to work up a design, it would not attach magnetically but rather would be a harness set up like our other book style covers and would also have our signature pewter button and elastic closure, vs a magnetic type closure. I hope this addresses all of your questions.

Offline CarolineAM

• Bay Shore, NY
    • View Profile
    • My Photography Page on Facebook
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2017, 01:30:05 AM »
Thank you for posting this!  Actually, a shortened large journal cover would fit perfectly...   

Here is the detailed answer I got from Oberon:

Were just getting into conversation about the new Oasis.  There has been quite a lot of demand in the last weeks for covers for this new model.  At this time, were not able to pursue new design work (unfortunately, untimely back up due to fire evacuations so close to Holiday prep) but theres certainly discussion.  We wont look seriously at possible designs until the new year, when we have more time to dedicate to working it out.  Presently, the Oasis doesnt match basic dimensions for any current products so were looking at ground-up design. When we are able to work up a design, it would not attach magnetically but rather would be a harness set up like our other book style covers and would also have our signature pewter button and elastic closure, vs a magnetic type closure. I hope this addresses all of your questions.

>^..^<   CarolineAM
Kindle Voyage, Oasis, New Oasis
Kindle Fire 7" HDX and 6" HD

Offline caneman

• Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2017, 08:41:26 AM »
Looks like Amazon has dropped their cases option on the Oasis 2017 don't see them listed
Now they are back but only showing used one the Merlot one is Currently unavailable
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:21:59 AM by caneman »
All-New Fire HD 10 64GB
Kobo Aura,Nook Hd+ running Android 7.0,PW2,Kobo Mini 32GBs,Sony PRS-350,Fire HD8 32GB!

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline kschles

• Laurel, Maryland
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2017, 02:12:13 PM »
Wow, guess all the bad reviews sank the 2017 Oasis cover. Wonder if Amazon will eventually sell a new design. Its hard to find a cover that satisfies.

I got a new Fintie cover in brown pleather. Its heavier than the official cover (now apparently gone), but once you start using it for awhile, the weight disparity disappears. I generally like it. Its made well, and is comfortable to hold. HOWEVER, I find one flaw with the case. When closed, the cover is not very secure. This doesnt matter if Im using it around the house, but a couple of times I tried putting the Oasis in my man bag; and the Oasis turns on because of the loose cover. Carrying it around this way is problematic. Ive got a Moko coming, and am hopeful. Anyone else having problems with the Fintie case?
Ken