KB Featured
Grey Daze: A Lance Underphal Mystery
by Michael Allan Scott

Kindle Edition published 2015-03-29
Bestseller ranking: 167157

Product Description
An IAN Book of the Year Finalist and featured on NBC's Daytime Show, the third book in the Lance Underphal Mystery series is part of a new breed of supernatural thrillers which can be read and enjoyed in any order. Based on real events, this is one of those dark, disturbing novels that keeps you turning pages.

Download the sample or use the "Look inside" feature for a FREE E-book offer.

It's a mystery- Something is wrong. As Lance Underphal pads softly across the cold flagstone, he hears her weeping. She is on her knees, hunched over in the middle of the room, her back to him, facing the dark fireplace. Something is very wrong. Lance wants to rush to her, but can't. In a hoarse whisper, he says, "Callie?" She lets out a mournful wail from deep within as she turns, their infant son in her arms, blue and still. He reels from the blow. How can this be? They don't have a son.

Author Topic: Hello from New England!  (Read 138 times)  

Offline KMRosesAwry

• New England
    • View Profile
Hello from New England!
« on: October 27, 2017, 07:09:59 AM »
This feels like a fabulous community-it reminds me a bit of livejournal back in the early 00s.  The first book in my self-pubbed YA series comes out on Halloween and these boards have been invaluable to me as I try to figure out how this whole biz works.

Ive tried to get my YA traditionally published for many, many years. Ive come close, several times, but never managed to snag an agent or an editors continued interest. My book isnt terribly high concept. Its a bitquieterthan some of the current YA trends. All the agents I spoke with werent sure theyd be able to sell it, but Im not ready to give up on it yet. So, I am venturing out on my own, publishing this series under a pen name. Im still hoping to get traditionally published, in a different genre.

So far, I have really enjoyed having full control over the little things-finding an editor, creating marketing campaigns, and I loved creating my own cover.  I have a marketing background and Im also a childrens librarian so Im not completely unfamiliar with these things. I still have much to learn, and these boards are a great resource.

I hope to be a valuable contributor!

-K
Twitter: @rosesawry
Instagram: @kmrosesawry

Offline Free Range Editor

• Florida
    • View Profile
    • Free Range Editorial
Re: Hello from New England!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 06:05:24 PM »
Hello Kiernan,

Welcome to the KBoards, home of the friendliest and most knowledgeable indie writers and editors on the Internet.  Make yourself at home and ask anything. You'll get thoughtful, useful answers.

Here's wishing you success with your writing.

Julie
P.S.  If you're still looking for an editor, hit the link under my signature.  I have a continuing interest in all my clients!

The Independent Editor for the Independent Author
Free Range Editorial | Facebook