Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.

Author Topic: Font size in books on HD8 6th gen  (Read 148 times)  

Offline jkingrph

• View Profile
Font size in books on HD8 6th gen
« on: October 29, 2017, 06:25:46 AM »
My wife's Ipad died.  All she did was read books so I am setting up Kindle HD8 6th gen for her.  Got it registered and it downloaded her library but the font size on the book she was last reading is too small.   I go into settings/display and change font size but get no change.  What can I do to increase the font size?.  Never mind I found the solution right after posting this.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
Re: Font size in books on HD8 6th gen
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 06:37:37 AM »
FWIW, if she seriously doesn't do anything with a tablet but read Kindle books, you might want to consider a dedicated Kindle for her.

The basic model isn't very expensive and offers a much better reading experience -- more like a paper book -- than a tablet, while still offering the customizability of print size and font style.

And the Kindle Paperwhite isn't much more and adds a lighting feature that really works to crisp up the text and make the page even more readable.

The Voyage and Newest Oasis add a few bells and whistles. Both are lighter and have better lighting than the PaperWhite, the Oasis has physical buttons and a slightly larger screen.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline jkingrph

• View Profile
Re: Font size in books on HD8 6th gen
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 02:09:20 PM »
It was an older ipad 2 or 3, which have all been declared obsolete so no big loss.   I have an Voyage on order so that should take care of things.  It will be easier as she will be able to stick it in her purse, and having seen several I agree about the display.   No need for color to read, it just looks cover pictures look pretty.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 02:11:18 PM by jkingrph »