Author Topic: How to add a spanish-French dictionnary  (Read 268 times)  

Offline Auro_Bindo

• View Profile
How to add a spanish-French dictionnary
« on: November 01, 2017, 02:19:31 AM »
Hello,
I have got a Kindle Paperwhite and I like it to read books in english or spanish sometimes (I am french)
for english, there are already 3 dictionnaries shipped inside the kindle, and among them, there is a english-to-french dictio; that's great;
for spanish, there was nothing shipped but, the nice thing was that, the 1st time I got a book in spanish loaded in the kindle, a spanish dictio was automatically loaded in the kindle too, but this is a pure spanish dictio;

How can I get a spanish-french dictio to make translation easier ?
I have searched Amazon but did not find such dictios that might be used as a Kindle dictio ...

any idea is welcome

thanks in advance

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
Re: How to add a spanish-French dictionnary
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 05:12:41 AM »
There is a built in translation feature that works with all three of the languages you mention. Basically highlight the section or word you want to translate. Wwhen the popup appears, swipe to the left to see the translation -- or sometimes you have to tap the three dots. It kind of depends on where you are in the screen I think. When you get to the translation section, it figures out what language the section is in, and you can tell it what to translate to. The default it whatever the language you chose when you initially set it up.

Welcome to Kboards -- hope that helps!

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline Auro_Bindo

• View Profile
Re: How to add a spanish-French dictionnary
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 07:16:41 AM »
Hello Ann,
thanks for your quick answer;
I see what you mean and actually, I use this function, but it uses an online translator (Bing translator) that forces you to be connected via WIFI with the Kindle, which is not always possible, while travelling for example;
it is why I am searching for a spanish-french dictio to be downloaded in the Kindle;
I saw some Kindle compatible spanish/french dictios on Amazon, but, they don't seem very rich;
strange that there are so few ...

thanks again