Why not Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial?
KB Featured
Flight of the Tarantula Hawk
by Michael Allan Scott

$0.99
Kindle Edition published 2014-02-10
Bestseller ranking: 4698

Product Description
On the IndieReader Best Book list and featured on NBC's Daytime Show, the second book in the Lance Underphal Mystery series is part of a new breed of supernatural thrillers which can be read and enjoyed in any order. Dark, different, featuring a damaged psychic, this is one of those disturbing novels that keeps you guessing.

Download the sample or use the "Look inside" feature for a FREE E-book offer.

Supernatural Murder Mystery - Realtor Carla Simon has her first showing in nearly eighteen months. Recovering from a nervous breakdown, she arrives at the bank-owned foreclosure well ahead of her prospect. When her buyer pins her against the wall, it turns out to be the last house she'll ever show.

Looking for a new breed of supernatural thrillers? Paranormal mysteries of murder and suspense? Perhaps a psychic detective series which can be read and enjoyed in any order? Or maybe one of t...

Author Topic: New oasis -- First Impressions  (Read 10879 times)  

Offline Lursa (aka 9MMare)

• Outside Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
Re: New oasis -- First Impressions
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2017, 11:45:05 PM »
Thanks on the inverted text.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
  • Member #3406
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2017, 12:27:31 AM »
When I read on the sofa or in bed, I stand it on a cushion and read hands free (except to turn pages). I've done that with other kindles I have had as well as the Oasis 2. The only time I hold it is when I am reading on the train.
New York, NY
Flutist, Legal Services Professional
Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline SuzanneM

• Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2017, 11:49:29 AM »
When I read on the sofa or in bed, I stand it on a cushion and read hands free (except to turn pages). I've done that with other kindles I have had as well as the Oasis 2. The only time I hold it is when I am reading on the train.

I have the BookSeat and love it. Use it for my ereader (at this moment a Kobo Aura One...) and also for my iPad (watching Netflix etc.)
https://youtu.be/UY4auBcs_yY
What do you mean I have no life? I'm a gamer, I got millions!

Offline rlkubi

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2017, 11:54:19 AM »
Bookseat looks interesting.  Do you like it?

Offline ShinyTop

• Pensacola
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2017, 12:42:40 PM »
Just ordered Bookseats for myself, my wife, and my daughter.  Between Kindles and tablets we will get a lot of use from them.
Its unlucky to be superstitious.

Offline ellenoc

• Colorado
  • Mystery and romance
    • View Profile
    • Ellen O'Connell
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2017, 03:11:07 PM »
All right, I said elsewhere I wasn't going to post to this thread until I had the O2 longer (than an hour) and got my Fintie case as I always read with case, but I can't help myself.

This thing is gorgeous! I'm one of those with plebian eyes. I've had a PW1, 2 Voyages, and an O1 and never found fault with any of the screens, although I prefer the creamier screens of the Oasis (both of them) to the blinding white of the Voyage. So to my eyes my screen is perfect. The screen is really bigger, wonderfully so. I'm super pleased that I indulged in this thing.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
  • Member #3406
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2017, 01:14:38 AM »
I have the BookSeat and love it. Use it for my ereader (at this moment a Kobo Aura One...) and also for my iPad (watching Netflix etc.)
https://youtu.be/UY4auBcs_yY

The BookSeat looks like it works very well. My cushion is the same shape but doesn't have the flatness to put the device on.
New York, NY
Flutist, Legal Services Professional
Readers:  Paperwhite 2 (2013), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Online larryb52

• one day at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2017, 03:45:33 AM »
I'm sorry this take the fun (the bookseat) out of reading...I just wouldn't use it...
Larry

Offline patrickt

• Oaxaca, Mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2017, 07:27:29 AM »
I wouldn't use the Bookseat but I do have a couple of beanbags that I use to prop my Kindle up while i'm eating. I have one at the table where I eat at home and one in my little daypack in the same pocket I carry my Kindle. And, in a pinch, I can play catch with the kids in the park.

Offline jkingrph

• View Profile
I
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2017, 03:05:26 PM »
I just received mine about an hour ago.  Got it updated, and a book loaded and tried reading.  Side by side with my Voyage, the Oasis page has more of a yellow cast, like aged paper which I think I like better than the more blue white of the Voyage.   

Form factor seems better than the Voyage, I like the thicker edge and page turn buttons. 

I was reading in some earlier comments here about inverted text but for the life of me I cannot find how to set that.  Can anyone give me a hint?

Never mind, I found that setting in accessibility.  I would have thought a setting like that should be in reading options.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 03:11:36 PM by jkingrph »

Offline ellenoc

• Colorado
  • Mystery and romance
    • View Profile
    • Ellen O'Connell
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2017, 09:55:38 PM »
Okay, I guess you could say my last post was true first impressions as I'd only had the O2 for an hour or so, but I thought now that I've had it a few days, I'd do a more thorough job.

I'm still enchanted. The screen is perfect. One of the things I didn't much care for on the Voyage was the blindingly white screen. The softer cream tone of the O1 is much better for me, and this O2 is like that too. The extra size of the screen is wonderful and to me seems more than kinda sorta or slight. I get an extra 2 or 3 words per line and an extra 3 lines per screen, and I keep mine at the middle setting for line spacing.

I love that there's a setting to make the font bigger on the Home screen (and give the battery as a percentage).

My Fintie case only came today, so I used the O2 without a case for several days and had no trouble holding it, although I can't hold any Kindle for long periods any more. It seemed as if for someone whose hands aren't a problem it would be quite comfortable. Didn't seem either cold or too slippery for that to me.

Where it did seem too slippery was when I put it down anywhere except on a totally flat surface like a table. I have a bad habit of putting mine down on the arm of my recliner, and the O2 reacted as if on a ski slope when I did that.

The buttons don't seem loud to me. I held it right to my ear and could hear a faint click on the upper button, nothing on the lower. Admittedly those are my Donald Duck ears, but I had my hearing aids in. :)

The auto light adjustment works, which it never did for me on the Voyage, but I've turned it off. It seems I like to rest a hand every so often on the upper right-hand corner where the sensor is. I tried turning it upside down so the sensor was at the bottom, but that put the sensor into the stand I use so it couldn't work. Now that I have a case, I may try that again and see if the case holds it high enough in the stand that the sensor is clear.

Another half dozen swipes to wake will undoubtedly have me forking over the extra $20 to get rid of the SO. I shouldn't have even pretended to myself I'd be able to stand them for long.

The audio stuff is of no interest to me, so I have no opinion there. Ditto Goodreads integration. I tried the reverse screen just to see what it looked like, and it looked clear and well done, but it's not something I'd ever use either.

It's fast. It seems to me not only faster for things like page turn but that books download faster too, which has to be my imagination because that's up to the wifi, right?

I like the buttons more than those on the OA1, which always seemed unnecessarily high to me.

It is noticeably heavier than the OA1 and the Fintie case makes it even more so (I'm going to report on the case in the Accessories thread), but since I don't plan on hand-holding it often or for long that doesn't matter to me. I've always been so worried about losing a Kindle if I take it out and about I've never taken my newest and favorite out with me, so the OA1 will now be the one that goes places anyway. I traded my Voyage to Amazon before ordering the OA2.

The original partial charge already on the device when I got it did drain fast, but since then (after a restart and complete charge where it sat for a couple hours after 100%, it seems good to me - better than my OA1 in its cover, but I never timed either one and can't be sure. Maybe if the OA1 didn't start complaining about low battery when the device itself still has hours of charge, that wouldn't be true.

Offline quadtronix

• New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2017, 04:02:12 AM »
Okay, I guess you could say my last post was true first impressions as I'd only had the O2 for an hour or so, but I thought now that I've had it a few days, I'd do a more thorough job.

I'm still enchanted. The screen is perfect. One of the things I didn't much care for on the Voyage was the blindingly white screen. The softer cream tone of the O1 is much better for me, and this O2 is like that too. The extra size of the screen is wonderful and to me seems more than kinda sorta or slight. I get an extra 2 or 3 words per line and an extra 3 lines per screen, and I keep mine at the middle setting for line spacing.

I love that there's a setting to make the font bigger on the Home screen (and give the battery as a percentage).

My Fintie case only came today, so I used the O2 without a case for several days and had no trouble holding it, although I can't hold any Kindle for long periods any more. It seemed as if for someone whose hands aren't a problem it would be quite comfortable. Didn't seem either cold or too slippery for that to me.

Where it did seem too slippery was when I put it down anywhere except on a totally flat surface like a table. I have a bad habit of putting mine down on the arm of my recliner, and the O2 reacted as if on a ski slope when I did that.

The buttons don't seem loud to me. I held it right to my ear and could hear a faint click on the upper button, nothing on the lower. Admittedly those are my Donald Duck ears, but I had my hearing aids in. :)

The auto light adjustment works, which it never did for me on the Voyage, but I've turned it off. It seems I like to rest a hand every so often on the upper right-hand corner where the sensor is. I tried turning it upside down so the sensor was at the bottom, but that put the sensor into the stand I use so it couldn't work. Now that I have a case, I may try that again and see if the case holds it high enough in the stand that the sensor is clear.

Another half dozen swipes to wake will undoubtedly have me forking over the extra $20 to get rid of the SO. I shouldn't have even pretended to myself I'd be able to stand them for long.

The audio stuff is of no interest to me, so I have no opinion there. Ditto Goodreads integration. I tried the reverse screen just to see what it looked like, and it looked clear and well done, but it's not something I'd ever use either.

It's fast. It seems to me not only faster for things like page turn but that books download faster too, which has to be my imagination because that's up to the wifi, right?

I like the buttons more than those on the OA1, which always seemed unnecessarily high to me.

It is noticeably heavier than the OA1 and the Fintie case makes it even more so (I'm going to report on the case in the Accessories thread), but since I don't plan on hand-holding it often or for long that doesn't matter to me. I've always been so worried about losing a Kindle if I take it out and about I've never taken my newest and favorite out with me, so the OA1 will now be the one that goes places anyway. I traded my Voyage to Amazon before ordering the OA2.

The original partial charge already on the device when I got it did drain fast, but since then (after a restart and complete charge where it sat for a couple hours after 100%, it seems good to me - better than my OA1 in its cover, but I never timed either one and can't be sure. Maybe if the OA1 didn't start complaining about low battery when the device itself still has hours of charge, that wouldn't be true.
Nice review!! I think there are two ambient light sensors one on the top of the two page turn buttons and one on the bottom. But I know what you mean. I was always covering one or the other by accident so stopped using that feature on the Oasis 2...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline KimberlyinMN

• NW Minnesota
  • Kindle Voyage Wi-Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2017, 03:56:57 PM »
Well.... my Oasis 2 arrived yesterday. My first impression using it is that it is okay. I find that the screen is way too dark on the left side. It makes the text look kind of muddy (Helvetica). My buttons are also make a very audible click when pressed. I read for about 40 minutes last night before I conked out. I spent part of today wondering if I should just send it back and stick with my Voyage. I decided to exchange it for a different Oasis 2. I am not going to play the game of exchanging until I get a "perfect-to-me" unit. If the replacement isn't what I like, then I'll just return it.

Without actually comparing it with my Voyage side-by-side, I find that the Oasis is much darker than my Voyage. I could read on the Voyage at night at about an 8. With the Oasis 2, what I perceive to be the same light setting is at a 12. I guess that really doesn't matter, but... I guess it does to me. I am purposely not going to do a side-by-side because I might just choose the Voyage.

One thing that I DO like about the Oasis are the buttons, except for the click. I think it would make reading at night in bed with gloves on much easier. I am super cold all the time but winter just makes it worse.  Winter in NW Minnesota... I have a Fintie cover coming tomorrow.

Anyhow, I hope that CS approves me getting an exchange. If not, I'll be happy with a refund.

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2017, 04:06:07 PM »
Its worth a shot Kimberly.

I can say that yes, my Oasis is darker on the same light levels than my Voyage, or my old Oasis for that matter. Maybe 1-2 bars. Not super much difference, but a bit. It doesn't bother me as I'd never go all the way up, or down so its just a number. I actually still use 8 though at night, like with my Voyage. I think the reason is that we have bold now and it makes a huge difference. I think I had to turn the light a tad higher in darker lighting to get a decent contrast. I don't have that issue during bright days of course. So now I read on bold #3 and I can turn the light lower to not irritate my eyes.

My Oasis does not have a muddy side though. I mean there is a very slight gradient in this one. Its my replacement. My first one had a more obvious gradient, but not really muddy either. I don't notice on this new unit at all when I read. The font is clear and same contrast on both sides. No mud. I have seen pictures of such you describe so I know they exist. If it is that bad and you want to give it one more shot, do it. That is if you like everything else about it.

Yes the buttons do click. I think they are a bit less clicky now that I used it for a while. I remember my old Oasis was also more clicky new than it is now. They are more mushy now. I can make it less clicky if I use my whole thumb and kind of press the full length, or one of the ends. I expect them to get less clicky as time goes on, but who knows.

But man its weird to pick up the old oasis or voyage now. It just looks so teeny and small with not much text on the screen. I guess I am used to the real estate.

Member since 11/20/2008 | Atunah's Romance Haus | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Offline ellenoc

• Colorado
  • Mystery and romance
    • View Profile
    • Ellen O'Connell
« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2017, 09:02:26 PM »
I'm sorry you didn't get a great screen, Kimberly. I can't fault mine, although yes, I do have to use a light setting 2 numbers higher than on the Oasis 1 to achieve the same effect. Like Atunah, I never go all the way up on the scale, so it doesn't matter. I can't hear my buttons. When I first read that some people found them noisy, I held mine to an ear and pressed. Doing it like that I can hear the click a little on the upper button and not at all on the lower. Too bad I didn't get one with clicky buttons (and a lovely screen) so mine could have gone to someone for whom that matters.

Today I sucked it up and went to DMV to renew my driver's license. Expecting a long wait, I took my Oasis 1. It seemed sooo small :( and so light :). As it happened I didn't get to read hardly at all on it, as I was out of there in probably 20 minutes. Thursday afternoon must be a good time.

Offline jj2339

• View Profile
New oasis -- First Impressions
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2017, 05:10:28 PM »
I got one, excited about the larger screen and waterproof feature, but find it bothers my hands at night when I read.  It just feels unwieldy, and it's cold.  I have an original oasis, but thought I wanted a larger screen to read with.  I just find it too large, probably since when I read I'm in bed laying on my side, or in my hammock on weekends holding it up.  It is just not as ergonomic for me, and I don't have small hands.  I thinj I'll be returning mine tomorrow.  The smaller screen on my original oasis is ok (I do find the software update helped me get more words on screen with the bold feature), i have a waterproof bag I already used with it, and the plastic just feels better to my hands.  The new one is so cold.

Sad, I always wanted a larger screen , but now that I have it, the trade-offs aren't worth it.  To me.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 05:13:01 PM by jj2339 »

Offline Shapeshifter

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2017, 08:51:50 PM »
Mine arrived yesterday, missed by one day to formally make it a birthday present. I got as far as 'look how banged up the box is' and getting as far as sliding it out of the plastic sleeve. Hate migraines.

So today is setting up day, once I find the instructions online.

I haven't gone too far yet, I'm loving how clear and sharp everything is. I also went straight to the invert colour, now that is awesome!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 11:27:20 PM by Shapeshifter »

Offline kschles

• Laurel, Maryland
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2017, 02:58:18 PM »
I got one, excited about the larger screen and waterproof feature, but find it bothers my hands at night when I read.  It just feels unwieldy, and it's cold.  I have an original oasis, but thought I wanted a larger screen to read with.  I just find it too large, probably since when I read I'm in bed laying on my side, or in my hammock on weekends holding it up.  It is just not as ergonomic for me, and I don't have small hands.  I thinj I'll be returning mine tomorrow.  The smaller screen on my original oasis is ok (I do find the software update helped me get more words on screen with the bold feature), i have a waterproof bag I already used with it, and the plastic just feels better to my hands.  The new one is so cold.

Sad, I always wanted a larger screen , but now that I have it, the trade-offs aren't worth it.  To me.

I found the cold back disconcerting also. Putting on a Decalgirl skin helped a lot. Ive tried several cases (Amazon, Fintie, Moko). Find I prefer to read the Oasis 2 with a cover, just the opposite of my Oasis 1 experience. Folding back the cover also covers up the metal while reading. Also found the skin on the back is thin enough not to interfere with full back cases (Fintie and Moko).
Ken

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2017, 11:43:05 AM »
I have had every Kindle, I think, except K1. I know have had the Voyage for several years. It was a substantial upgrade from the Paperwhite. Now I am considering the Oasis2. Did I miss something over Black Friday? Do they ever have a price reduction? I do not see any need for cell connection. I don't think I have ever downloaded books when I am away from home. If I did, they just wouldn't get to my device as quickly (until I get back to my wifi). I would like to have more text per page and turn the pages less frequently. I often read on my iPad when it is nearby, but it is too bright to be comfortable very long. I never read on my iPhone, though I could in a pinch. I need to read through this thread more carefully to note the comments. Now it is your job to talk me it/talk me out of the Oasis. Ready Set Go!

ETA: I actually have 3 Kindles that I could sell. What is the link to that site that buys them?

ETA #2. I packed up my 3 Kindles to return and will await to see what kind of credit they will give me. In the past I have gotten full trade-in value.

ETA #3: I ordered the Oasis plus the MOKO case with instant payment for my trade-ins. Could backfire if I get less than max trade in value, but I would have bought the Oasis anyway. They are apparently out of stock until 12/19.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 03:15:25 PM by Jane917 »
Words with Friends: Jane917

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline NightReader

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2017, 06:48:06 PM »
So, between 11:45 and 3:15, your inner reader talked you into it without our help?  Sounds like me.

My Oasis 1 was a huge improvement over the Voyage and the Paperwhite to me.  So, I hope you love it.  (And, nope.  There wasn't an Oasis sale for the holidays.)

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2017, 07:22:08 PM »
So, between 11:45 and 3:15, your inner reader talked you into it without our help?  Sounds like me.

My Oasis 1 was a huge improvement over the Voyage and the Paperwhite to me.  So, I hope you love it.  (And, nope.  There wasn't an Oasis sale for the holidays.)

You are absolutely right about my decisions! I hope I have your positive experience. Can you explain to me what inverted text is?
Words with Friends: Jane917

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline NightReader

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2017, 05:41:57 AM »
Inverted text is one thing the Oasis 1 hasn't gotten in an update.  It is "white on black" text.

I hope more Oasis 2 owners chime in to say how they like it.  It is a feature I'm curious about.

Offline TorontoSS

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2017, 06:52:18 AM »
I wanted to get advice from people here.  I have just purchased a Kindle Oasis 2017.  This is after I've owned other kindles (coming from an Oasis 1).  Every kindle I've purchased has had flaws and I've had to return numerous times.

I went through 3 paperwhites because they had holes in them.  I bought and returned all of them from Amazon. 
I went through a voyage (bought and returned because of hole)
I saw the Oasis one had bad lighting (cones on the sides - uneven screen).

I had an amazon order for the kindle - coming early next week.  I want to give my old Oasis to my in laws if I can (they leave before that delivery date).  This however is irrelevant. 

Today - I saw a Kindle Oasis in a department store (John Lewis).  Which have two year guarantees on their products.  I bought it, but will cancel the amazon order.  but I haven't opened it because here in the UK, you have right to return after opening if you bought online. 
So my question to all you Kindle Oasis 2017 owners:
- how picky are you with Kindles (I don't even think I'm picky but you can't have a hole in the screen when you read) and how happy are you with your Oasis 2017
- did you find a need to return?
- has anyone found holes?
- has anyone found uneven screens?

Thanks!

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2017, 07:03:38 AM »
I wanted to get advice from people here.  I have just purchased a Kindle Oasis 2017.  This is after I've owned other kindles (coming from an Oasis 1).  Every kindle I've purchased has had flaws and I've had to return numerous times.

I went through 3 paperwhites because they had holes in them.  I bought and returned all of them from Amazon. 
I went through a voyage (bought and returned because of hole)
I saw the Oasis one had bad lighting (cones on the sides - uneven screen).

I had an amazon order for the kindle - coming early next week.  I want to give my old Oasis to my in laws if I can (they leave before that delivery date).  This however is irrelevant. 

Today - I saw a Kindle Oasis in a department store (John Lewis).  Which have two year guarantees on their products.  I bought it, but will cancel the amazon order.  but I haven't opened it because here in the UK, you have right to return after opening if you bought online. 
So my question to all you Kindle Oasis 2017 owners:
- how picky are you with Kindles (I don't even think I'm picky but you can't have a hole in the screen when you read) and how happy are you with your Oasis 2017
- did you find a need to return?
- has anyone found holes?
- has anyone found uneven screens?

Thanks!

I am not sure what you mean by hole. You mean where there is a dot that is a black dot like a stuck pixel, or one that gets bright as you turn the light off?
I had a replacement for the first paperwhite and couldn't get a good screen on it. I gave that to my husband who doesn't care about the huge shadows across the screen. I think I had 2 replacement on it. One the frame peeled up and so one of the lights was exposed and bright, the other had diamond shaped dark stripes and it looked like one of the lights wasn't working on full volume. I could never get that one to work as it always looked like I was reading through milk and no buttons.
I kept my first Voyage, that one is perfect, I kept the first Oasis as it too was as perfect as it can be. It has a slight gradient. When I got my Oasis2, I had a stuck pixel, or whatever that is called. It wouldn't go away and so I asked for a replacement. It also had light gradient from one side to the other. My replacement is about as perfect as it can me. No noticable gradient, although I am sure its there, I just can't see it. Which is all that matters to me. And no pixels stuck. Flawless screen.

But no holes. Still not sure what you mean by those. Unless you mean stuck pixels.

Not sure how anyone can really tell you anything, you'll have to look at them with your eyes. I don't go looking for flaws and if my first O2 didn't have the stuck thingie, which seemed to multiply as the days went on, I would have kept it. So obvious things that disturb the function like that I wouldn't put up with. Especially as it seemed to get worse.

Member since 11/20/2008 | Atunah's Romance Haus | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Offline TorontoSS

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2017, 07:19:22 AM »
I am not sure what you mean by hole. You mean where there is a dot that is a black dot like a stuck pixel, or one that gets bright as you turn the light off?
I had a replacement for the first paperwhite and couldn't get a good screen on it. I gave that to my husband who doesn't care about the huge shadows across the screen. I think I had 2 replacement on it. One the frame peeled up and so one of the lights was exposed and bright, the other had diamond shaped dark stripes and it looked like one of the lights wasn't working on full volume. I could never get that one to work as it always looked like I was reading through milk and no buttons.
I kept my first Voyage, that one is perfect, I kept the first Oasis as it too was as perfect as it can be. It has a slight gradient. When I got my Oasis2, I had a stuck pixel, or whatever that is called. It wouldn't go away and so I asked for a replacement. It also had light gradient from one side to the other. My replacement is about as perfect as it can me. No noticable gradient, although I am sure its there, I just can't see it. Which is all that matters to me. And no pixels stuck. Flawless screen.

But no holes. Still not sure what you mean by those. Unless you mean stuck pixels.

Not sure how anyone can really tell you anything, you'll have to look at them with your eyes. I don't go looking for flaws and if my first O2 didn't have the stuck thingie, which seemed to multiply as the days went on, I would have kept it. So obvious things that disturb the function like that I wouldn't put up with. Especially as it seemed to get worse.

Thanks for your quick reply.  Let me clarify, what I mean by hole is pinhole, which I think some people have mentioned here.  If they're on the top or bottom where books aren't displayed I don't care.  But if they distract from reading I do.  I agree with you that I shouldn't "look for flaws".  My oasis had splotches but I kept it.  That being said, when you have a premium product and advertise "even screen", you should provide it I feel. 

However, your response is helpful still.  Thank you!