Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.

Author Topic: Any way to transfer book from white paper to new fire?  (Read 238 times)  

Offline stevej

• View Profile
Any way to transfer book from white paper to new fire?
« on: November 01, 2017, 08:32:34 AM »
I would like to transfer the books I have on my Whitepaper that I have deleted from my Amazon account but have not read on my Whitepaper to my new Fire. Any way to do it? The ones I have not deleted from my Amazon account are on my fire.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Time for Pi!
    • View Profile
Re: Any way to transfer book from white paper to new fire?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 11:19:14 AM »
I confess your question mostly confuses me, because I can't understand why you'd have deleted them from your Amazon account if you'd not read them yet but know you wanted to. I mean, I've deleted books I read that I didn't like and didn't want to keep -- but not ones I still want to read.

So, if I'm understanding you correctly the books you still have are only on your Kindle PaperWhite? Unless you've backed them up to your personal computer somehow. And, apparently, you haven't connected wirelessly because that would have removed the books if they're no longer on your Amazon account.

I suspect that it's technically against the terms of service to even have them on the device, since you deleted them from your Amazon account. It's like making a copy and throwing away the original -- it wouldn't, in most cases, be considered a legal copy.

All that said, those books probably have DRM. Because of the DRM, those books will not work on another Amazon branded device. Stripping the DRM is not something we allow to be discussed, but that's the only way you could transfer them.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis
Hermoine (Fire HD8)
Hogwarts (KDX)
Ed's (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline stevej

• View Profile
Re: Any way to transfer book from white paper to new fire?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 01:18:46 PM »
I didn't think there would be a way. I have a few that I really like and still have them on my Amazon account. The others that I was wondering about were ones I had more or less previewed and not read and put aside for later.