KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Thanksgiving & Holiday Erotica Deals Promo Nov. 17-21 2017 Up and Running!  (Read 382 times)  

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
    • Lynda Belle's Blog/Website
Time to start again organizing for the Thanksgiving Erotica Promo! I've been trying to do these once a month roughly, around themes. This one, of course, will be Thanksgiving/Holiday story themed. So looking for Thanksgiving/Holiday/Christmas erotica titles and regular erotica. I'd like to mix it up and get some Holiday stories for this promo, but it doesn't have to be. I do have my own Thanksgiving story, but I know that they tend to be on the rare side. So, Christmas and Holiday stories also welcome. I'm also moving up the date for this promo for when people are at work that Friday before or maybe at home over the weekend before the traveling starts in the States. I know I get a lot of international hits too for this, but it is mostly going to be aimed at the US market.

Here's the info:
Promo Dates: Nov. 17-21 (5 days)
1-3 titles set to $0.99 or Free

Need from author:
Title of books on sale, your pen name, genre of book(s), link to book

Why promote with other authors?
It is more cost effective. You're not paying a third party website $70. You're sharing the opportunity to have your link go out on fellow erotica author lists, and they are doing the same. Plus, followers on your blog and newsletter will appreciate the deals and love to discover new authors. On my newsletter stats, the erotica deals are still have higher opens than other campaigns.

Everyone that has done these with me before is welcomed back, and new erotica authors, here's your chance to get on board with a promo. I take about 10-12 authors. That's my cap right now.

Please PM with your info. You can also post you're interested on the thread, but remember, Kboards doesn't allow links to erotica books anymore. ;-(

First authors to sign up get in the banner. I usually have to limit this to the first 5-7 authors. So, let me know quick.
It's harder for me to add people that sign up later in the banner, since I tend to do that a week before promo.

When the promo starts: ***Info is sent out a week before, and then everyone sends out the info list of authors/titles names/links to everyone on their blog list and newsletter list. As the promo runs, track stats for sales and traffic at blog to share on promo thread. It's great to see how everyone is doing.

So, that's it. Please PM or post on thread if interested. Let's start out this Holiday sales season with a big push. ;-) And of course, Happy Holidays!
-Lynda
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 10:48:59 PM by lyndabelle »

Lynda Belle | Website | Amazon Author Page

Offline Joseph Malik

• Pacific Northwest
    • View Profile
    • Writing and Fighting with Joseph Malik
Re: Thanksgiving & Holiday Erotica Deals Promo Nov. 17-21 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:04:18 PM »
I can't help but think of the George Carlin shtick:

"Ever notice how you never seem to get laid on Thanksgiving? I think it's because all the coats are on the bed."

I'll show myself out.
Dragon's Trail: 100%

The New Magic - Draft 4: 50%

Hardcover now available.
Writing and Fighting with Joseph Malik | Website | Blog| Mailing List

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 08:41:52 PM »

"Ever notice how you never seem to get laid on Thanksgiving? I think it's because all the coats are on the bed."

I'll show myself out.

You never know, that could be a good opening for an erotic short. You got time to write it up and publish it too. Give it a try. Take a walk on the wild side of fiction.  8)

Offline Robin Austin Reed

• San Diego, CA
    • View Profile
    • Robin Austin Reed
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 10:04:30 PM »

I'll show myself out.
Haha. Classic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Robin

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 01:25:20 PM »
Giving this a bump. So, I know Thanksgiving can be a promo that starts Christmas and the Holidays, and hopefully it will give us all a push. But it doesn't have to be just Christmas and Holiday stories. I'm taking all kinds. Plus, I know I'm experiencing a slump in KU pages and sales as soon as the clock ticked to 11/1. Not sure if the algos reset or what. But if you're experiencing a slump or just having a slow November, this hopefully should pick up some sales.

***I'll also take erom (erotic romances) from all you romance writers too.  8) They seem to do well when combined with other erotica.

**Note: Doesn't have to be a Holiday or Thanksgiving story. Any deal of Free of $0.99 would be great.  8)

Offline janetlynn

• View Profile
    • Janet Lynn on fb
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 01:59:34 PM »
LYNDA! I'm back! From outer space!  ;D

Hoping to reboot my brand a little and make a grand entrance around the holidays this year. Will be sending you some info to be considered for this promo! So happy to see you are still running these. :)
~ Janet Lynn ~

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 07:08:49 PM »
LYNDA! I'm back! From outer space!  ;D

Hoping to reboot my brand a little and make a grand entrance around the holidays this year. Will be sending you some info to be considered for this promo! So happy to see you are still running these. :)
Awesome. Great to have you back.  8) I'll put your name down on the list to save your place.
-Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 03:08:42 PM »
So, wanted to give a progress report on how many authors have signed up. Here is my list of participating authors thus far:

Participating Authors:

1)   Lynda Belle
2)   Jacinta Laurenti
3)   Janet Lynn
4)   Colbie Dunbar
5)   JL Pearl

There is still some room, but filling up fast. Let me know ASAP!
-Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 12:56:31 PM »
So, here is the last call for the Thanksgiving promo deals! Still have room for an erotica/erotic romance author or two.
LAST CALL!
-Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Okay. I also just finished the banner for the promo. I've had to switch photo editing programs, and I'm getting to know the new program. So, I've got a working banner up for now. It's just missing the deal prices of FREE and $0.99. I may put that in later. But it was a little smaller than usual, and I could only fit 5 covers. But heah, at least I was able to get it all to work. Sometimes, that's half the battle.

So, all participating authors, you can pick up the banner from my upcoming post on my blog here:
https://lyndabelle.com/2017/11/13/thanksgiving-erotica-deals-start-nov-17/

Thanks guys! And still have room for one or two more authors. Join the party, and get your sales to go up a little bit by joining fellow authors in a promo.
-Lynda

Offline Boswser

• View Profile
Sent you a PM. Thanks!

Offline janetlynn

• View Profile
    • Janet Lynn on fb
Banner looks great--thanks Lynda! Looking forward to Friday :)
~ Janet Lynn ~

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Banner looks great--thanks Lynda! Looking forward to Friday :)
Thanks Janet!

And to let everyone know, I've sent out the master list of all the deals in the promo. If you didn't get it or have questions, send me a PM.
Plus, please let me know how the deals go for you, download numbers, and stats for your blog and newsletter. It helps plan for the next promo, which will be in December.

Plus, if you would like an example of how the blog post would look, I've put mine up now. Link is below.
https://lyndabelle.com/2017/11/17/thanksgiving-erotica-deals-free-and-0-99-nov-17-21/

If you'd like to get the word out about this promo, you can link to my blog or you can PM me too. Love support from other authors too. If you'd like to support us and post the deals on your blog or send to your newsletter, send me a PM. I can send it to you.

So, all is in readiness. *Crossing Fingers* Here's to a great promo. Looking forward to some great numbers.
-Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Re: Thanksgiving & Holiday Erotica Deals Promo Nov. 17-21 2017 Up and Running!
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 11:18:06 AM »
Well, my results after the first day have been pretty good. Had about 78 downloads for my free title. No sales for the $0.99 deals yet. Things have dropped off for today. My free title, Thankful for Vegas, has had 22 clicks from my newsletter. Fertile Brat, another free title, has had 21 clicks from my newsletter. Taken by Briar Rose is next with 14 clicks from the newsletter. Then, Mr. Darcy's Darkness is next with a few clicks, $0.99 deal. So, the free titles are doing well with downloads. I've got clicks for my freebie and Mr. Darcy's Darkness from my blog post. So, interesting to see what titles are doing well.

So, how is everyone else doing with the promo? Curious to know.  ;D

***Plus, Going to be posting Twitter posts today. For other participating authors, these deals do well on Twitter on Saturday nights. So, tweet to your followers and feel free to use the banner.

Offline janetlynn

• View Profile
    • Janet Lynn on fb
Re: Thanksgiving & Holiday Erotica Deals Promo Nov. 17-21 2017 Up and Running!
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 05:08:28 PM »
I'm definitely reaping the freebie downloads so far. "Fertile Brat" got 124 yesterday, 34 today. No sell-through purchases yet, but a bump in KU page reads, so hey, I'll take it! Hoping to capture the momentum from this and plough ahead into picking up more subscribers before Christmas. Not a lot of hits to other links from my people just yet, but I'll be pushing it on social media this evening per Lynda's recommendation. Fingers crossed! I made the classic blunder of going silent for a few months, so I need to remind people I'm still here, still writing. :)
~ Janet Lynn ~

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
I'm definitely reaping the freebie downloads so far. "Fertile Brat" got 124 yesterday, 34 today. No sell-through purchases yet, but a bump in KU page reads, so hey, I'll take it! Hoping to capture the momentum from this and plough ahead into picking up more subscribers before Christmas. Not a lot of hits to other links from my people just yet, but I'll be pushing it on social media this evening per Lynda's recommendation. Fingers crossed! I made the classic blunder of going silent for a few months, so I need to remind people I'm still here, still writing. :)

Great to hear Janet! Yes, I notice the first day of the promo is much better for downloads. It slows down the last few days. I've been working on pushing "THE LAST DAY" today, since it's the last full day of the promo for the world. If you put up a "Last Chance" post and send to newsletter crew, that seems to help. I just sent a "Last Chance" to one of my newsletter lists, and already got 55 downloads. So, sometimes it gets people motivated when they know the clock is ticking.

Love to hear how some of the other authors have been doing. Please let me know! -Lynda