Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.

Author Topic: iPad/iPhone not syncing  (Read 335 times)  

Offline Marvin Gardens

• View Profile
iPad/iPhone not syncing
« on: November 07, 2017, 08:40:47 AM »
I have a Kindle and have installed the Kindle app on my iPhone and iPad.  I can open any book in my library from any device, but I no longer get that message about resuming where I left off on one of the others.

Any idea what might be wrong?   

Offline Lee

• View Profile
Re: iPad/iPhone not syncing
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 04:14:29 PM »
I'm finding the same thing in the last few days, my Kindle app on my iPhone is not syncing with my Voyage.  I've had to do a manual sync each time.

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Oklahoma
  • Card-carrying melodrama villain
    • View Profile
    • All about me....<hee hee>
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 04:33:20 PM »
Not the same thing exactly, but I just successfully synced the Kindle app on my iPhone with my Oasis (original version). I got the message about resum8ng where I left off on the other device, and synced to where Id left off reading on my phone during lunch. Im using iOS 11. Are yall up to date on iOS?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:35:20 PM by The Hooded Claw »

(Make your own reading bar)
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 09:13:19 PM »
I think my syncing is working now, I probably need a few more days to be sure.  I'm still on the latest version of iOS 10.  I have a 5S and I'm a little nervous about updating, since my phone's at the bottom of the "supported" list for 11.

Offline Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 07:41:10 AM »
I was still having trouble syncing a book between my Voyage and my iPhone 5s on iOS 10 -- the iPhone wouldn't jump to the furthest page I was at on the Voyage.  I tried going to Amazon Manage Content and resetting the furthest page read, and was still having problems.  Finally I tried deleting the book off the iPhone and re-downloading it, and that seemed to do the trick.