KB Featured Book
Stone and Silt
by Harvey Chute

$2.99
Kindle Edition published 2013-08-14
Bestseller ranking: 713665

Product Description
Big Al's Books & Pals 2014 Readers' Choice Awards: Young Adult Nominee

A ruthless murder and a stolen shipment of gold.

At school, sixteen-year-old Nikaia Wales endures the taunts of bullies who call her a “half-breed.” At home, she worries about how her family will react if she reveals her growing feelings for the quiet boy next door.

Those are soon the least of her troubles. Nikaia discovers a hidden cache of gold, and when police find a corpse nearby, her father becomes a suspect. Worse, Elias Doyle is circling, hungry to avenge his brother’s death.

Nikaia desperately searches for clues to save her father. In her quest to find the killer, she learns about the power of family, friendship, and young love....

Author Topic: Mailchimp vs Mailerlite vs others  (Read 399 times)  

Offline CloudStrife

• View Profile
Mailchimp vs Mailerlite vs others
« on: November 07, 2017, 02:17:02 PM »
What is your experience with your mailing list service provider?

I've been happy with Mailchimp, but I feel that it is costing me too much for what I get out of it, at 10k subscribers. I recently noticed Mailerlite's fees are much much lower than Mailchimp, so I am thinking of switching over.

How would you compare the two, or would you recommend another service?

Also, is switching from one mailing list service to another a HUGE pain?

Offline Marty South

• View Profile
Re: Mailchimp vs Mailerlite vs others
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 02:26:55 PM »
I just switched from MailChimp to Mailerlite last week. It couldn't have been easier. Moving the lists over took a couple of minutes. I found ML to be way more user-friendly. I sent out my first mailing last week. Very easy. The setup for my WordPress list signups was easier, too. I wish I'd done it sooner.

Offline CloudStrife

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 04:04:05 PM »
That makes me feel better, thanks.

Offline skylarker1

• Minneapolis, MN, USA
    • View Profile
    • Dreamspell
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 12:50:07 PM »
I just switched from MailChimp to Mailerlite last week. It couldn't have been easier. Moving the lists over took a couple of minutes. I found ML to be way more user-friendly. I sent out my first mailing last week. Very easy. The setup for my WordPress list signups was easier, too. I wish I'd done it sooner.

Were you able to retain historical data, on how responsive individual members of the list have been, etc?

Naomi Stone: Magic you can believe in
Naomi Stone | website

Offline Marty South

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 01:16:50 PM »
No. For that I'd have to refer back to Mailchimp.

Offline MonkeyScribe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 01:29:51 PM »
What are your costs with a 10K list, if you don't mind me asking. Do you pay per send, per month, or what?

Offline CloudStrife

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 02:35:19 PM »
Monkey, see here: https://mailchimp.com/pricing/growing-business/

Around 10,000, it's $75

It jumps up pretty quick though. For 11,000, you're already at $100

My experiences in the writing business have often been bittersweet. I always wanted more subscribers, so I figured out an organic way to get about 400 subscribers a month on average. Now that I have them, and they keep growing at about that rate, I just don't think I'm getting much ROI from it. I feel like I need to keep the list, and I like having it, but when I release a book I discount to $.99 and take a 35% cut on those new sales, and often I'm not able to keep the momentum going from those early sales.

Basically, it's a nice little perk to have the mailing list, but even with 10k, it's just not paying off. By the way, I have 10k split up among three lists, for three different languages, so really the lists are about 6k, 3k, 1k.

All that is my problem and not Mailchimps, but Mailerlite is looking much more attractive - and not simply because of the cost, but because of the whole service that is offered.

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac