Author Topic: Looking for a book - Contemporary, heroine on run.  (Read 400 times)  

Offline dianaj

• View Profile
Looking for a book - Contemporary, heroine on run.
« on: November 08, 2017, 02:11:03 AM »
If I am not posting this in the right place, please kindly point me in the right direction... I'm still new here.

I am looking for recs on contemporary romances. The heroine is on the run from an abusive EX.

Thanks! :)

Offline mjl1966

• View Profile
    • Let me tell  you a story
Re: Looking for a book - Contemporary, heroine on run.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 11:40:49 AM »
If I am not posting this in the right place, please kindly point me in the right direction... I'm still new here.

I am looking for recs on contemporary romances. The heroine is on the run from an abusive EX.

You've read An Unfinished Life? [url]https://www.amazon.com/Unfinished-Life-Mark-Spragg/dp/1400076145[url]

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 02:54:48 PM »

Are you looking for a specific book you can't remember the title off, or just CR with that theme. If its the latter, I'd have to find some trope lists as that is a very very common theme in CR, but especially in romantic suspense. And I don't remember all the tropes of the books I read, so I'll have to dig in my reading lists a bit. I do know I have read many of such books, since its so common.

it is most certainly the right place for questions  like that.

Member since 11/20/2008 | Atunah's Romance Haus | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander

Offline mjl1966

• View Profile
    • Let me tell  you a story
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 05:14:37 PM »
Are you looking for a specific book you can't remember the title off, or just CR with that theme. If its the latter, I'd have to find some trope lists as that is a very very common theme in CR, but especially in romantic suspense. And I don't remember all the tropes of the books I read, so I'll have to dig in my reading lists a bit. I do know I have read many of such books, since its so common.

it is most certainly the right place for questions  like that.

Bought new ink cartridge in anticipation of printing your list.

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 06:24:48 PM »
It'll take me a tad longer to come up with something. As I read a lot, I'll have to look at every single CR book I read to figure out what the plot was. I don't mark that stuff after I read. I thought I could find a trope list on allaboutromance, but either I am blind or they moved them somewhere.

Member since 11/20/2008 | Atunah's Romance Haus | Goodreads |
It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach -- Diana Gabaldon, Outlander