Need Perfect Gift? Shop Amazon Gift Cards. Any Occasion.

Author Topic: Buying new Oasis - what do you expect?  (Read 546 times)  

Offline isamilis

• View Profile
Buying new Oasis - what do you expect?
« on: November 08, 2017, 06:03:12 AM »
Hi,

I owned the 1st gen Oasis. For you who has bought or decided to buy the new KO2, what do you feel or expect the benefit of KO2 compared to the old one?

I have no complaint whatsover with the old one though.

thanks.

Online rlkubi

• View Profile
Re: Buying new Oasis - what do you expect?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 07:31:56 AM »
The main reason I bought it was for the waterproof feature.   I liked my Oasis fine!  I do like the screen better on the new one too - clearer and bigger.

Online cagnes

• Louisiana
    • View Profile
    • Bayou Cover Designs
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 09:03:54 AM »
I liked my 1st gen Oasis just fine too. I never had a problem with it & it didn't matter to me that you can only charge it with the cover, since I never used it without the cover. The only thing that aggravated me about it was when the "cover battery is low" message would keep popping up.

I got the new one for the larger screen & added lights. Actually, I mainly got it because I get caught up in the excitement of getting a new toy! ;) Honestly, I could have gone on just fine with the gen one Oasis, there was nothing really all that pressing to make the switch. 

Christine | Member since 10/13/2009 | Goodreads | Bayou Cover Designs | Bayou Cover Designs on the KBoards Yellow Pages
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.  ― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

Offline Lizzarddance

• Arizona
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 09:26:28 AM »
I just wanted a bigger screen.
Since March '08

Online ellenoc

• Colorado
  • Mystery and romance
    • View Profile
    • Ellen O'Connell
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 09:40:37 AM »
I just wanted a bigger screen.

That's my main reason too, although I like the idea of being able to enlarge the Home page font, hope the auto change on the lighting really works this time, and think from the photos I've seen the screen must be a tad better.

Offline Andra

• Austin, TX
  • madhouse escapee #671
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 12:23:58 PM »
I wanted a bigger screen and hoped for better battery life.  The warning about the battery level in the charging cover also drove me bananas.

Offline spiritedcharm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 01:27:27 PM »
I bought it for the waterproofing, but Im finding that I really enjoy the larger screen. I can use a larger font and still have a lot more words on the page. I also prefer the sepia tone of the lighting on the new one. The old one was a bluish white, cooler tone. To be completely  honest, I can also echo Cagness sentiment of just wanting a new toy - thats totally me too!